Connie 5 day 1/24...,really nice!

hcat

No photos or detailed review until we get back..but here are some tidbits.

Connie in great shape for the most part , it is a very well managed cruise, happy staff, nice pax. Had a nice sailaway get togther with our roll call..

Some spaces have been truncated like upstairs lounge, , one bar seems gone out back...but overall they did a good job updating it...we like AQ cabin,

Enjoying AQ, Blu (excellent), Canyon Ranch spa, solarium, etc., AQ cafe, Cafe Baccio

Great day 1 lunch in Bistro..steak panini and soup,

today lunch in Tuscan..next sea day lunch in Ocean Liners..

folks not dressing up much..even on formal night,,.

tonight is Motiwn show...

music ok to good...loud dj with drums but can be avoided , except we did change cabins...we were mid ships under where sailaaway party, zumba and pool stuff is held...way too loud and vibrating... luckily they found us a much quieter cabin..it was a hassle moving but worth...dj too loud at pool..

Probably won't check back while cruising...but Wanted to say Connie is A-OK!

key West was perfect....heading to cozumel.

hcat, thanks for taking time out of your vacation to post your impressions about the Connie. I am relieved to hear that you are enjoying Blu. Have you experienced any of the problems in Blu (seating of suite pax ahead of AQ pax) that were reported on previous cruises?

We're back...had a great cruise. Will do a mini summary tom but wanted to answer about BLU...

For the first night they assigned a suggested arrival time...we got 8:30...too late for us! We contacted them and there was no problem arriving earlier.

We eat early...they opened up at 5:45 for dinner, we usually arrive around 6...Did not observe anyone from suites getting a preference. They seemed to make res as per procedure. Some diners who arrived at peak times were given beepers..maybe a 15 to 20 min wait,

The room is nicely done...segmented off from MDR so it is a bit more linear feeling than on S class. Not as many two tables lined across. Same decor as BLU on S class,

Service was excellent...very competent, friendly happy staff ( as we found throughout the ship), very efficient, Quality of food, preparation and presentation were excellent, although dinner menus are getting a bit stale for us. The Chef is really top notch...but would like a few new treats to pick from!

Did not order wine but wine service seemed excellent.

Breakfast always enjoyable in BLU but we did eat at the buffet and twice at AQ spa cafe (great frittatas!)

Met some very nice folks dining in BLU...

Based on our very pisitive experience we will stick with AQ and BLU for our next few booked cruises!

Edited by hcat

Sorry no photos right now....looking for the wire we use to upload to laptop from the camera!

PARKING and BOARDING: went very smoothly. This was our first time driving to the port. Our pier was #4, quite a ways from where we usually board Silhouette.,etc.(closer to convention center) The building is fairly new and there is alot of road construction in the area but local law enforcement was out in force to direct traffic.

Quite chaotic at front of the terminal.. We.dropped off luggage curbside and parked in uncovered lot right in front of terminal..We wanted the garage but no choice, and it turned out to be a great location.You get an automated ticket and pay on the way out. We pd 15 per day...attendant takes credit card.

Entry to terminal is around side of building in back...usual security lines but all moved along nicely.What was not so convenient.was that we.had to wait on line to check in which went fast for Elite line, but then there was another much longer linefor everyone for the seapass photo...they only had 4 cameras...usually each check in station has ine but not so this time..

Nice entry onto the ship...due to its size and terminal configuration...just a nice easy walk...no steep ramps! No big greeting as we entered but there were trays of the bubbly on the side.

It was nice to be back on Constellation...many yrs since we last enjoyed her!

to be continued!

Edited by hcat

WHO'S WHO on Board:

Master: Captain Tasos Kafetzis...have sailed with him before and with him as Master, the ship is in great hands, he us very personable, approachable and has great pride in his work and ship. Spoke in the Theatre about Sokstice ships...said the new ships coming in 2017/18 will be smaller with more amenities and sized to access ports!

sorry phone call...short break

Cruise Director: Alejandro Tororelli, from Buenos Ires. Very pleasant upbeat and enjoyable,

Activity staff... can't recall her name but she handled the trivia, etc. Very personable and fun. Did not meet Activity mgr Jermaine who did the Newleywed game, etc. Watched it on stateroom Tv...very funny!

Hotel Director: Marcela Salum, also from Argentina.. Fairly well run operation We had 2 issues requiring assistance

. Our movement from NOISY mid ship cabin under where DJ played was handled quickly and smoothly on the first night...Person sent to our room to verify our issue, immediately agreed when he heard and felt the noise..In a short time thereacter, they showed us a possible new location, we met our new attendant and grabbed it right away.,.surprised that no one helped out with moving our repacked bags, but it worked out fine and loved our cabin further forward...closer to the spa and Solarium.

..WE ARE REVIEWING CABIN SELECTION FOR OUR NEXT 3 BOOKED CRUISES ...dj, zumba, nightime deck parties too loud with mega bass, vibrating celing and walls and clomping dancing ..Midships under pool deck not a great location anymore!

Our seapass cards stopped working several times (other pax also) so we had to wait on line a few times for them to be re coded...said it was a system issue???? THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED BY SOMEONE!

Edited by hcat

hcat, thanks for coming back and addressing the Blu concerns. Glad to hear that you had a good experience there and enjoyed your cruise overall. Monday can't get here fast enough for me!

Hope you have a great cruise...try to get Miller from Jamaica in BLU...he was a fantastic waiter!

CAFE BACCIO...we went once or twice daily for coffee, teas , Aspen Coffee, Iglu...also tried the Gelato. Plenty of seats and not as hectic as on our recent Reflection...although some not dressed for indoor ship area..at least pls wear shoes or flip flops! String tro and folj guitarist plyed here...nice location!

SOLARIUM: had two breakfasts there..nice frittatas, Most loungers taken before 9 am. Nice wooden loungers but they had more loungers than pads...and pads are getting worn....

Loved the warm water, so buoyant...the in pool rack seating and hydro showers,,,great for warming sore musckes, Really love this pool and solarium hot tubs.,,

CHAIR HOGS in Solarium worse than ever and needs to be addressed. Nothing was done about ghost occupants and saw one very heated exchange when the ghosts appeared hrs later to eject guests who were in THEIR seats...staff did mediate and a big face off was avoided. Staff also asked a child and her parents to leave. She was very well behaved but maybe someone complained when she put on her snorkel mask????

Note: we always leave at lunch time and by the afternoon it was SRO in the T pool

OUTDOOR POOL AREA: hung out a few times so dh could enjoy his cigar, Saw lots of ciggie smokers on board.in smoking areas,. Pool atea was very noisy and crowded. DJ way too loud for us to enjoy... Party Band Shenagins, ok, not great. Lots of drinkers observed but nothing over the line. Hot tubs were used alit as kiddie pools...we did not use them.

BISTRO ON FIVE...as mentioned in an earlier post had a great first day lunch here. Great cauliflower soup. We usually return more often for lunch but this time had other plans, Bistro's location meant eliminating a walk thru and ?.....led to more people going thru Cellar Masters on way to MDR which is really a dark hallway with small area for entertainers,, .Cellar Masters.could be a nicer space but glad they added Bistro

RENDEVOUS...had a nice time watching mostly older folks dance to Deja Vu...enjoyed them. Also saw the Celeb Orchestra play big band tunes there. We are boomers so not quite into the DJs they had on board but not quite the audience for Deja Vu...but good music anyhow.

MISSED A REAL ISLAND BAND, JAZZ COMBO, ANDJIMMY BUFFET TYPE GUITARIST (seems they have gone more to female folk singer in this and our last cruise) but glad it is not just the loud DJs and drum banging,,.because of ship layout, easier to avoid,

MUSICAL HIGHLIGHT....Do not miss Gran Volta....an accomplished string trio from Russia..they are top notch, have a fabulous repetoire , accept requests and had a huge on board following, including us. They were really perfect!

sorry for typos...doing this on a tablet that hates me!

Edited by hcat

MUSICAL HIGHLIGHT....Do not miss Gran Volta....an accomplished string trio from Russia..they are top notch, have a fabulous repetoire , accept requests and had a huge on board following, including us. They were really perfect!

sorry for typos...doing this on a tablet that hates me!

Oooh loved them on a TA I went on in 2013. Hope they are still on the cruise leaving Monday. Will definitely seek them out.

Mosey

(not happy to hear about the chair hogs and lack of enforcement...)

Oooh loved them on a TA I went on in 2013. Hope they are still on the cruise leaving Monday. Will definitely seek them out.

Mosey

(not happy to hear about the chair hogs and lack of enforcement...)

Have a great cruise.. GV...truly exceptional and so gracious to the guests!

Now I know why I do not usually write reviews...hard to be brief!

OUR AQ CABIN.,.,as mentioned, we relocated and settled into 9052..quiet space,great service from our attendant and assistant....room was kept very clean. Tipped extra!

Usual AQ amenities...no more flowers (just Cap Club rose..nice enough! No more really nice towels...must have moved them to suites..nice bed linens..no complaints .Afternoon canapes have improved but we are tired of olives and won ton soup chips, Tray of green apples left un touched..might make a nice calming still life but boring...and wasteful if not re cycled into dessert???

Bathroom was the same as before on M class in terms of space..nice non splashy sink..less storage space than S class but sufficient. Shower had a swinging style door and the upgraded sprays. Liked the door better than clingy curtain. Products supplied were very nice..liked it better than lemongrass stuff,

Cabin is tight..metal .protrusion from bed bumped into more than once..ouch! Closet and safe nicer than S class but actually missed the overhead cubbies...no room. Small balcony...no footstools...no room, Luckily, no clacking hangers....as previously mentioned, our key cards kept failing to work.

All in all the AQ space worked fine for us!

Edited by hcat

Love the spa..lucked out with two great treatments!

Reserved as soon as we boarded for early appts with port day pricing... $102 to 105, plus 18 percent grat..I added $5 extra grat for good treatments.

Had a fabulous cleansing facial from Estella (Rome)..great facial...better than the Vitamin infusion on Reflection in Nov

Enjoyed tension release massage from therapust from Miami...only US one on ship.sorry forgot her name..also excellent....very relaxing!

Spa area is same as it was before...not as glam as S class but Canyon Ranch doing a great job with the space as it...using Persian Garden as waiting arwa...no Relaxation room. We did not use PG b/c we do not like its dank, interior setting on M class ships

bought a great "swimmable" sun visor and some New Age necklaces..love what they feature!

Canyon Ranch seems to have happier employees than Steiner...some came from them but much happier now! Hope X sticks with Canyon Ranch...

Edited by hcat

Tell me more about the bar out back?? The ocean view bar is my favorite, I hope its still in good shape for my March sailing! We always book the AQ aft cabins above it and love the convenience having the bar and the buffet so close; makes for great afternoon snacking!!

Tell me more about the bar out back?? The ocean view bar is my favorite, I hope its still in good shape for my March sailing! We always book the AQ aft cabins above it and love the convenience having the bar and the buffet so close; makes for great afternoon snacking!!

The Oceanview Bar and outdoor table seating is as good as ever. One windy day, I thought it was too chilly. Service was consistently good, both types.

Tables are a bit tight around the foot of your stairway, so you couldn't always pass by the on the wall side, with folks sitting at that table.

Disembarkation day at breakfast, the birds were having a field day with the various little packets of sweetener.

Have a great cruise.

Trivia staff member was Sarah. With a "haitch". She was really good at the Liar's Club, too.

... and thx for posting.

We also loved our cruise, and indeed our outside cabin on deck two. Totally different from yours, of course, but worked for us.

And that quick getaway from the surface parking lot was a nice little plus.

Nice to meet you, and all the rest. Keep enjoying, everybody!

Thanks for the review and the update about the Spa under new management.

The tidbit about the new build for 2017-18 sounds very interesting.

Just booked the Constellation for the Iberian 13 day cruise,but we will not be on it until 2016!:eek:

... and thx for posting.

We also loved our cruise, and indeed our outside cabin on deck two. Totally different from yours, of course, but worked for us.

And that quick getaway from the surface parking lot was a nice little plus.

Nice to meet you, and all the rest. Keep enjoying, everybody!

Nice meeting you too...will post pics from our sailaway get together.eventually....we left the camera cord for downloadingin NY.. we are still in Fl, avoiding the snow

forgot to mention the lunches we had in Tuscan and Ocean Liners..,.excellent food esp desserts in both. Service in Tuscan was best ever...lunch marred only slightly by DJ and drums below at poolside which vibrated upwards.. Ocean Liners...slower service b/c that's how they do it there. But we enjoyed both lunches...less costly than a full dinner at each,

Only went one show...the Mowtown style guest entertainers, It was lively and very creative entertainment...good music from Celeb orchestra, good singing etc,,,highly rec,

Thanks for the review and the update about the Spa under new management.

The tidbit about the new build for 2017-18 sounds very interesting.

Just booked the Constellation for the Iberian 13 day cruise,but we will not be on it until 2016!:eek:

If ship stays as good as it is now, you are in for a treat...enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Hertha, I just booked Constellation for next month:D......glad you

both had a good time:)......I am in a regular balcony....we'll see how

the food is in the Main dining room....not sure if you recall but when

we sailed together on Reflection I had purchased the Ultimate Dining

Package so I went Specialty every night. Not doing that this time.

It will be the first time sailing Connie for me in 11 years:eek:...last time

I took a cruise on her was Dec 2004!...looking forward to it:)