Wow to French Polynesia

Minoushka

Loved it 'loved it ,loved it

Marina is wonderful ,itinerary a delight. Most people on board friendly staff and crew great

Yummy food ..thank you Bordan chef of Terrace cafe for my daily special salad and grilled meats or fish ...all delicious

Islands are one more beautiful then the other

Yes its far ,yes flights are not easy ,yes its exhausting ,but French Polynesia cannot be beat and all of that still makes it worth it ...cannot wait to go back ....

On board service outstanding while Miami sucks big time

Glad I went i encourage all to visit this part of the world to all sea lovers ..this is THE place

Michele

french Polynesia ..i miss you already

Marina is wonderful ,itinerary a delight. Most people on board friendly staff and crew great

Yummy food ..thank you Bordan chef of Terrace cafe for my daily special salad and grilled meats or fish ...all delicious

Yes its far ,yes flights are not easy ,yes its exhausting ,but French Polynesia cannot be beat and all of that still makes it worth it ...cannot wait to go back ....

Glad I went i encourage all to visit this part of the world to all sea lovers ..this is THE place

Michele

So happy you were able to appreciate O and French Polynesia. It is a very special place and one of my all time favorites. Now, Miss Nervous Nellie...send us some additional info when your jet lag wears off. Just teasing you because you were so upset and nervous prior to the cruise.

So happy you were able to appreciate O and French Polynesia. It is a very special place and one of my all time favorites. Now, Miss Nervous Nellie...send us some additional info when your jet lag wears off. Just teasing you because you were so upset and nervous prior to the cruise.

Will write it all ..but let me say staying put 3days in front of Bora Bora at sunset was unique ...my pix are proof .....plus eating outdoors at Terrace cafe was beyond awesome ...went back every night after that ...under the stars dinner is yummy ...

I loved Tahaa and my excursion with George of Taranui excursions run by Eric Taranui ...beyond belief awesome ..drift snorkel is the most amazing experience like being in a movie ...I called it the Taha.a express ...current pulls you along this wonderful underwater paradise full of coral and bright coloured fish ...a unique experience

Marina is a great ship ..loved it

Glad you liked O & FP and that everything turned out. O is a class act.

Now you have to experience an Oceania R class ship.

You will be confused again...which class ship you like best:confused:

I am looking at FP/Hawaii/LA May2016- Regatta.

So relieved and happy you enjoyed your cruises; we fell in love with Oceania in 2011 and just want more, more, more.....Will be on Riviera in September.

Fell totally in love with French Polynesia and can't wait to return on Marina in March 2016.

Glad you liked O & FP and that everything turned out. O is a class act.

Now you have to experience an Oceania R class ship.

You will be confused again...which class ship you like best:confused:

I am looking at FP/Hawaii/LA May2016- Regatta.

Opps correction: May28th 18days on -Insignia-

I met a couple from Key west doing 180 days onships ...first Marina all over South Pacific then flying to Singapore to catch up to Insignia to continue their world tour ...wow

But now I hear Insignia may not be ready in March ...mmmmm....they were so looking forward to their world cruise ...what happens if its not ???

What must it be like to be on ship 180 days ??...my only fear would be bad weather and seasickness ..no?it must be a unique experience ....

What must it be like to be on ship 180 days ??...my only fear would be bad weather and seasickness ..no?it must be a unique experience ....

Michele, so glad you had a great time, it's hard not to in that beautiful place, right? I can't imagine 180 on a ship. Perhaps 180 travelling, on a succession of ships maybe, with land trips in between? I think I'd get cabin fever myself, and get homesick.

They were an awesome couple celebrating 50 years together ...so for them a dream come true .They were actually on Marina till March then off to join Insignia ...very very nice people who helped me when I got stung by this huge yellow wasp ...i put my arm down on the critter ..camouflafed by the colours of the table ..boy did it hurt ..plus I had some sort of allergic reaction to it ...Jane gave me zertex and benadryl roll on ..now i know I will need to carry those around ....my arm became very red and hot ....stupid wasp .....

They were very sporty ...hired a personal trainerwatched what they ate and exrecised regularly ...very smart as temptations are oh so many on this ship

I hope they have a fabulous time but ..now I hear Insignia will not be ready in March ..i hope Oceania has a plan B

my only fear would be bad weather and seasickness ..no?it must be a unique experience ....

Life cannot be predicted wherever you are. We know of a woman who purchased one of those Six Month Limitless Airline Travel Passes, whose father passed away as she stepped off the Plane at her third stop, Egypt.

The Airline agreed to "defer" her remaining travel for a year, and because this woman was bound and determined to see the Pyramids and the Taj Mahal, she set off again, the following year

She felt that Egypt had been unlucky for her on the first pass, so she scheduled it last.

On her outbound journey, the Kheria Airport was closed due to monsoon, so she cut her stay in Hong Kong short and rescheduled the Taj, yet again.

Third time was the charm, and she did get to the Taj Mahal, but by then the Middle East had erupted yet again so the Pyramids had to be put on the back burner.....permanently.

Life cannot be predicted wherever you are. We know of a woman who purchased one of those Six Month Limitless Airline Travel Passes, whose father passed away as she stepped off the Plane at her third stop, Egypt.

The Airline agreed to "defer" her remaining travel for a year, and because this woman was bound and determined to see the Pyramids and the Taj Mahal, she set off again, the following year

She felt that Egypt had been unlucky for her on the first pass, so she scheduled it last.

On her outbound journey, the Kheria Airport was closed due to monsoon, so she cut her stay in Hong Kong short and rescheduled the Taj, yet again.

Third time was the charm, and she did get to the Taj Mahal, but by then the Middle East had erupted yet again so the Pyramids had to be put on the back burner.....permanently.

Murphys law at work I guess ...i wanted to visit Turkey ..now need to wait ....maybe for a very long time as their pres does things I do not approve of ...bummer ...our guide did warn us Turkey was changing ...too bad

I wonder if those of you have been to French Polynesia might recommend some good ways you saw the islands with specific information on who to contact.

Check the Ports of Call section here on CC message forum. There is quite a bit of info under Pacific Islands. :)

Michele

Pacific rules - Atlantic drools!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Join us on Insignia for FP!

We have booked Sydney to LAX, 38 days. I can't wait!

Let's boost the Canadian content on board, eh?

I've already booked a snorkel trip!

Wonderful!

We are waiting for an answer from TA about cabin selections....

Also considering a land with river cruise for a change.

Will join RC once we decide:confused:

Edited by canuck.qc

So happy to hear you loved your cruise mmemichele :) did the same cruise last year and now are trying to figure out when we can do it again. The cruise canuck.qc is talking about is one I would also like to do. But first, Alaska again for DH.

I loved our Alaska cruise as well ...wow those snowcapped mountains really inspired me .loved it ..the water in some places is green just like in Polynesia but I can almost bet its not quite as warm ...LOL

Go whale watching inJuneau,go to Yukon ..glorious

Skagway shopping ..got great pearls

Loved it ...buy a jacket there very warm very cheap ..pick up coupon book at dock ...gifts and freebies everywhere ..get an ulu knife use mine all the time ..

Walked everywhere ...wonderful awesome place

Michele, so glad you had a great time, it's hard not to in that beautiful place, right? I can't imagine 180 on a ship. Perhaps 180 travelling, on a succession of ships maybe, with land trips in between? I think I'd get cabin fever myself, and get homesick.

Hello Wendy.

I'm asking you two questions because of your frequent and vast experience with FP, and now, Marina.

Liquor packages: I'm a bit confused about their policy. Apparently, you need to wait until after boarding to purchase, but I can't get a straight answer on what the deadline is for making the decision (1 day, 2, 3?), and do you need to purchase the package for each day of the voyage?

Dinner Reservations: Reservations are supposed to open tomorrow for our 3/15, 10-day to Nuka Hiva. Did you reserve early? DO you recommend that? Can one book two times in a specialty restaurant (Red Ginger looks awesome, and would like two chances if possible)?

Any comments or observations about Marina would be appreciated.

Hello Wendy.

Liquor packages: I'm a bit confused about their policy. Apparently, you need to wait until after boarding to purchase, but I can't get a straight answer on what the deadline is for making the decision (1 day, 2, 3?), and do you need to purchase the package for each day of the voyage?

Dinner Reservations: Reservations are supposed to open tomorrow for our 3/15, 10-day to Nuka Hiva. Did you reserve early? DO you recommend that? Can one book two times in a specialty restaurant (Red Ginger looks awesome, and would like two chances if possible)?

Any comments or observations about Marina would be appreciated.

Not Wendy

You CAN purchase the beverage package before you board but you pay at the time you book it

You can also wait until onboard & yes you must purchase it for the remaining days on the cruise

If you book day 2 for a 10 day cruise you will pay for 8 days

Better to book your specialty res as soon as you are allowed you are allowed to book 1 for each restaurant in advance then see when you are onboard if you can get extra slots

Reservation Rules

When to make your reservations:

Your booking must be paid in full.

The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

Penthouse Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

8-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

Number of guests per table:

All reservations have a maximum of 8 guests per table.

Edited by LHT28

• 4 weeks later...