Coffee card on Regal?

michelle028

Hi All:

I have a few questions about the coffee card on Regal. First time on Princess.

1) Can I pre-purchase this before going on the cruise? I tried to look for it on the Princess website but I couldn't find it. If I can't pre-pay, where do I buy it from when I get on board?

2) I don't drink coffee - so I just want to use it for Gelato. How does it work?

I read somewhere about "punches on a card?"

Let me know!

Hi All:

I have a few questions about the coffee card on Regal. First time on Princess.

1) Can I pre-purchase this before going on the cruise? I tried to look for it on the Princess website but I couldn't find it. If I can't pre-pay, where do I buy it from when I get on board?

2) I don't drink coffee - so I just want to use it for Gelato. How does it work?

I read somewhere about "punches on a card?"

Let me know!

Yes you can pre order, its under onboard experience/gifts and celebrations/Princess cellars and cullinary delights/Princess cellars/ scroll to the bottom of all the wine and beer stuff.

There are 15 punches on the card, 1 punch for 3 scoops.

Check ebay, they frequently have coffee cards on sale for less then full price. BE SURE it does not have a ship and date because you get free brewed coffee without them punching the card on a blank card but not on a dated card from a previous cruise. I was on the Golden this month and the Gelato was to die for.

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00 + 15 % gratuity ($35.65)

Edited by cruzsnooze

Check ebay, they frequently have coffee cards on sale for less then full price. BE SURE it does not have a ship and date because you get free brewed coffee without them punching the card on a blank card but not on a dated card from a previous cruise. I was on the Golden this month and the Gelato was to die for.

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00 + 15 % gratuity ($35.65)

:confused: Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not true:

(1) The coffee card can only be used for Gelato on the Royal and Regal;

(2) There is no Gelato at the IC on Golden (or Grand or Star)

:confused: Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not true:

(1) The coffee card can only be used for Gelato on the Royal and Regal;

(2) There is no Gelato at the IC on Golden (or Grand or Star)

I was on the Crown last week and the IC had Gelato. I'm sorry I made the mistake of stating Golden which I was on a month ago and don't remember if they had Gelato in the IC but the CROWN absolutely did. Edited by cruzsnooze

On the Regal (and the Royal) gelato is available at Gelato, not the IC. The Crown, Emerald and Ruby are the only ships with gelato at the IC and you get three very large scoops for $1.50 plus gratuity. On the Regal (and the Royal) you get the same three large scoops for $2.75 plus gratuity or one coffee card punch but it is really a sundae because you can order various toppings or select from several sundaes on the menu. They also have alcohol ice cream desserts for $4.75 (if my memory is correct) plus gratuity or two coffee card punches. DW and I shared the three scoop sundae on the Regal and there was plenty for both of us.

Sorry to be correcting, but preordering the coffee card the total cost is $31.00 with no gratuity added. If purchased on board the cost is $29.00 plus the mandatory 15% gratuity for a total of $33.35. You don't drink coffee but the card can be used for unlimited hot tea made from several Might Leaf tea selections. I have seen some conflicting reports recently but you should also be able to use the card for complementary hot chocolate at the IC. Another option for complementary hot chocolate on the Regal (and probably the Royal) is the hot chocolate dispenser in the Horizon Court on Lido deck. I'm not supposed to eat chocolate but I tried one small cup up there and it was pretty good. There is also a selection of complementary Lipton, Twinings and Bigelow teas and hot water in the HC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

On the Regal (and the Royal) gelato is available at Gelato, not the IC. The Crown, Emerald and Ruby are the only ships with gelato at the IC and you get three very large scoops for $1.50 plus gratuity. On the Regal (and the Royal) you get the same three large scoops for $2.75 plus gratuity or one coffee card punch but it is really a sundae because you can order various toppings or select from several sundaes on the menu. They also have alcohol ice cream desserts for $4.75 (if my memory is correct) plus gratuity or two coffee card punches. DW and I shared the three scoop sundae on the Regal and there was plenty for both of us.

Sorry to be correcting, but preordering the coffee card the total cost is $31.00 with no gratuity added. If purchased on board the cost is $29.00 plus the mandatory 15% gratuity for a total of $33.35. You don't drink coffee but the card can be used for unlimited hot tea made from several Might Leaf tea selections. I have seen some conflicting reports recently but you should also be able to use the card for complementary hot chocolate at the IC. Another option for complementary hot chocolate on the Regal (and probably the Royal) is the hot chocolate dispenser in the Horizon Court on Lido deck. I'm not supposed to eat chocolate but I tried one small cup up there and it was pretty good. There is also a selection of complementary Lipton, Twinings and Bigelow teas and hot water in the HC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So hot chocolate is included ...I love hot chocolate - is it a special hot chocolate that is unlimited on the coffee card? or just water and powder (ie like on Carnival ships)

So hot chocolate is included ...I love hot chocolate - is it a special hot chocolate that is unlimited on the coffee card? or just water and powder (ie like on Carnival ships)

At the IC it is Carnation brand power.

You can have it made with water or milk (skim or regular).

On the Regal (and the Royal) gelato is available at Gelato, not the IC. The Crown, Emerald and Ruby are the only ships with gelato at the IC and you get three very large scoops for $1.50 plus gratuity. On the Regal (and the Royal) you get the same three large scoops for $2.75 plus gratuity or one coffee card punch but it is really a sundae because you can order various toppings or select from several sundaes on the menu.

The scoops were not large on the Royal recently. More like Baskin-Robbins child size scoops.

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Regal last week and had been looking forward to using my coffee card for gelato. Boy was I disappointed (and it turns out I was not alone) The scoops were really small and the spoon was one of those teeny tiny sample spoons. In all honesty, I would save my money. Try gelato not using a punch if you want, but put your intended coffee card money towards something else. JMHO

Just got my coffee card from EBay, brand new, $22.00. I've purchased these before on other Princess ships and this one is legit. Looking forward to delicious coffee every morning and gelato for the DH.

Edited by nannyny

Did anyone buy coffee cards RECENTLY ahead of time on the Regal without having too many issues? Debating whether or not wait until I get onboard...(even though its a few dollars more if I wait to buy it on the ship)

On embarcation day, there are many people available to sell

you coffee cards, drink packages, etc.

What I would do -- go to the international cafe, or where ever

for your speciality coffee, and purchase the coffee card at the

same time.

From time-to-time there have been reports of people having

problems with pre-ordered stickers, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got my coffee card from EBay, brand new, $22.00. I've purchased these before on other Princess ships and this one is legit. Looking forward to delicious coffee every morning and gelato for the DH.

Do you have a pic of what it looks like? I am hesitant to try this because I have never seen one personally and don't want to get scammed. But the prices are great so I would love to save :)

Do you have a pic of what it looks like? I am hesitant to try this because I have never seen one personally and don't want to get scammed. But the prices are great so I would love to save :)

See thumbnail below (click on it to enlarge)

1012244044_scanCoffeecard.jpg.e00da6b6882ab93161c3db92c3577b33.jpg