VIFP Club Benefits Change(email from Carnival)

FlorenceItaly

We "Golds" get less and less!

I have to agree. At this point you almost have to go to the party or you really get no perks for being a loyal customer until you hit Platinum. Then you get some significant perks. Wish Gold could get some perks in the median range between red and platinum.

I have to agree. At this point you almost have to go to the party or you really get no perks for being a loyal customer until you hit Platinum. Then you get some significant perks. Wish Gold could get some perks in the median range between red and platinum.[/quot

I think that gold should have one perk just to themselves. We have to work just has hard to get to platinum level as they did. I've only sailed Carnival and plan on only sailing Carnival so I feel I'm just as loyal as they are.

We "Golds" get less and less! Maybe time for another cruise line!

When I cruised 2 years ago, a ships pin was given only for the cruise in which an individual turns gold. Now, as a gold, I get a new pin, exclusive to ship and year every time I cruise. I like that.

I know that the line had to choose between cutting some amenities and raising prices. I am glad that they chose to keep prices low. For those who want more, there is the steakhouse, and on some ships, accomodations with private areas and other benefits for those choosing to pay the extra money. That, to me, is an acceptable compromise.

I know that the new MDR menus will give slightly less variety. Yes, that will save the line money, but it is also will cause less waste because of choosing side dishes.

I know that some people miss meeting their cabin stewards within minutes of first stepping into their cabins [i do] My understanding is that is because in response to the complaints about luggage taking so long to be delivered, and that now the cabin stewards are more likely to be delivering luggage than to be introducing themselves.

I, for one, could not afford to cruise often if the prices were not left low. For those of you who want more, either go to another line, or pay extra for the things that have been removed in order to keep the prices down. I am so glad that Arisons' dream of making cruises affordable for most people when he did.

Like :) Very well put.

When I cruised 2 years ago, a ships pin was given only for the cruise in which an individual turns gold. Now, as a gold, I get a new pin, exclusive to ship and year every time I cruise. I like that.

I know that the line had to choose between cutting some amenities and raising prices. I am glad that they chose to keep prices low. For those who want more, there is the steakhouse, and on some ships, accomodations with private areas and other benefits for those choosing to pay the extra money. That, to me, is an acceptable compromise.

I know that the new MDR menus will give slightly less variety. Yes, that will save the line money, but it is also will cause less waste because of choosing side dishes.

I know that some people miss meeting their cabin stewards within minutes of first stepping into their cabins [i do] My understanding is that is because in response to the complaints about luggage taking so long to be delivered, and that now the cabin stewards are more likely to be delivering luggage than to be introducing themselves.

I, for one, could not afford to cruise often if the prices were not left low. For those of you who want more, either go to another line, or pay extra for the things that have been removed in order to keep the prices down. I am so glad that Arisons' dream of making cruises affordable for most people when he did.

If what you say above was true, then please tell me why most times on short 5 day or less Cruises (Smaller and older ships) on RCI are Similer prices or MANY TIMES EVEN LESS than Carnival on Basically the same cruises and ports?

examples, Prices of Carnival Fascination or Sensation, vs. Enchantment of the seas?

or Carnival Paradise vs. Brilliance of the Seas, from Tampa.

especially in the off seasons like Sept & October, yet RCI can still offer benefits that Carnival has now cut back?

I believe that you can find wonderful deals on RCLL. I have always wanted to try them. But when I have looked,all in all I find better deals on Carnival. We just booked a 12 day Southern Caribbean cruise in a 230 sq. foot outside window stateroom[ 2 bathrooms, but only 1 toilet] on the Breeze for $654 per person.

If you can find me one of comparable value on one of RCCLs' newer ships, I will happily forego my deposit and boo with them instead.

Wow. Just looked again. There are some excellent prices for 7 night cruises. We are sticing with our 12 day cruise, but to tell the truth, being near platinum status with Carnival [and I am WAY too old to start accumulating points elsewhere] would make switching difficult.

Its DEFINATELY better on other cruise lines their programs offer more for members with the same amount of points as a gold member has with Carnival.

In addition, Carnival never gives any incentives out, but currently RC is offering the ultimate beverage program complimentary with its sailings for both persons in the stateroom AND $200 shipboard credit. NCL is giving you a choice as to their ultimate beverage program or the ultimate specialty dining program or even $500 shipboard credit...you have to admit Carnival isn't competing with them.

As for Carnival diminishing its perks, I just booked up a cruise with NCL based on the fact I getting a lot more and for the same price as a Carnival cruise would cost me.

Edited by lyndamr

• 5 months later...

I would use the free drink coupon...as cash. I noticed on my 2nd cruise that I suddenly had a positive amount on my Sign 'n Sail card. So instead of the drinks for my family, we put it toward a beautiful silver anklet and some wifi. So I'm kinda bummed about the loss. However since you can't bring your own water on board anymore, the free 6 liters of water my family will get will come in handy

However since you can't bring your own water on board anymore, the free 6 liters of water my family will get will come in handy

You can pre-order cases (12 packs) of water to be delivered to your room for $3 now through the Bon Voyage store. Look at the bottom of the website and look for the in-room gifts and shopping link.