So so so so SOOOOOO disappointed, Ms. Jan Swartz!

northerndynasty

I live in Cleveland. Princess doesn't have any ships leaving from our port. During any time of the year. So you'll just have to do what the rest of us do when we want our cruising fix, fly or drive somewhere! ;)

You at least HAVE a port! We live in Denver. We have a couple of puddles and SNOW. ;-)))

Edited by 5waldos

I guess I miss your point. Traditionally, Princess doesn't

have a ship in Florida in the summer. This past summer

Carribbean was there; before that, 3-4 years ago, Emerald

was there.

It is only for the past two years that princess has many scheduled

short cruises. Prior to that, short cruises were generally part

of seasonal repositioning cruises.

So, before summer 2014, what did you do for 6 months?

Just do the same thing...

I agree with you, Pablo. And I am not a fan of the short cruises so will not miss them. Sorry for those who will.

...who responded. Some sympathy notes, others with the suggestions I was really afraid of (checking the "other" cruise lines)...

Darn it!

Wonder if our feedback over the phones or in forums ever reach the Big Wigs....?

Over on the Celebrity board a representative for Celebrity will post reply's to a thread. They do it quite often on their board. I do remember Princess acknowledging a thread about the balcony furniture when there were complaints after they replaced the old stuff. So they do read the boards.

I guess I miss your point. Traditionally, Princess doesn't

have a ship in Florida in the summer. This past summer

Carribbean was there; before that, 3-4 years ago, Emerald

was there.

It is only for the past two years that princess has many scheduled

short cruises. Prior to that, short cruises were generally part

of seasonal repositioning cruises.

So, before summer 2014, what did you do for 6 months?

Just do the same thing...

LOL.. :)

Cutting to the chase, that pretty much sum's it up

Srpilo

Princess is not the only cruise line that has profitability problems with Caribbean cruises.

From a recent Carnival Corp. (which owns Princess) analysis by a stock analyst:

o Caribbean market will continue negatively affect yields in 2015

o Pricing for 2015 in the Caribbean is expected to remain stable, but at increased occupancy.

From a recent RCCL presentation to stock analysts:

o Closing bookings in the fourth quarter were more sluggish than expected. The culprit continues to be a stubbornly challenging Caribbean.

o There has been a slowdown in closing Caribbean demand and subsequent pricing reductions on non-holiday sailings.

o Quantum has been booking exceptionally well, but the short and seven-night Caribbean have been challenging.

Edited by caribill

Princess is not the only cruise line that has profitability problems with Caribbean cruises.

From a recent Carnival Corp. (which owns Princess) analysis by a stock analyst:

o Caribbean market will continue negatively affect yields in 2015

o Pricing for 2015 in the Caribbean is expected to remain stable, but at increased occupancy.

From a recent RCCL presentation to stock analysts:

o Closing bookings in the fourth quarter were more sluggish than expected. The culprit continues to be a stubbornly challenging Caribbean.

o There has been a slowdown in closing Caribbean demand and subsequent pricing reductions on non-holiday sailings.

o Quantum has been booking exceptionally well, but the short and seven-night Caribbean have been challenging.

Nice post. This pretty well sums it up. As I always thought, "It's all about the money."

...saw the light-hearted style of writing I used when I wrote this. LOL...i think some are using this as an opportunity to ...ehhhhh, never mind. LOL

Of course we can drive/fly to another Port. And of course we were spoiled last year with more-than-the-usual Caribbean-destined cruises. And of course (like any good Company, one would presume) Princess will go where the most money can be achieved.

This was merely an attempt at some light-hearted chatter about how we'll have to "suffer" until October - when we can start-up again. PCD - Post Cruise Depression...sucks...

Anyway, no amount of emoticons will serve this any good at this point...ROFL....

I for one enjoyed your post & as a Floridian agree with you. As a elite passenger & all the other benefits naturally I prefer Princess. Unfortunately Princess chose the year when NCL & MSC decided the same adding completion.