2016 Brochure?

Mudhen

I just came from the Regent web site and signed up for a catalog. Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of a catalog I'm going to get. I've got a 2015, but would really like a 2016 one.

There was no place to make any kind of a request for what I want. Any ideas short of a phone call? Or isn't there one published yet?

I just came from the Regent web site and signed up for a catalog. Unfortunately I have no idea what kind of a catalog I'm going to get. I've got a 2015, but would really like a 2016 one.

There was no place to make any kind of a request for what I want. Any ideas short of a phone call? Or isn't there one published yet?

No problem, you soon will be inundated with mailings several times a week that are near impossible to stop. Don't think they have a by year borchure as so far some of 2016 is yet to be announced. They tend to send out often specialty brochures trying to fill the ships.

Have gotten mailings for at least 5 years and don't remember any annual big brochures with full year sailings for all 4 ships.

Hi Linda -- it seems that everyone is wondering about the rest of 2016. While I don't have a date for Regent, Oceania's itineraries tend to debut before Regent and I believe they are releasing in March, 2015.

If I learn anything about the dates, I'll email you :)

I would love to get any kind of brochure. Have signed up on the website, more than once actually, we are Gold, almost Platinum never received one thing on Explorer, nor any brochure. I do get email notices (sometimes), I have updated my profile with our new address and phone.......but still nothing. According to many on this board, I should be grateful:D:D, but I do like a brochure now and then, not every week or even every month but a couple of times a year would work.

They do have the Winter 2016 sailings out and there is a brochure, but I haven't received it.

I would love to get any kind of brochure. Have signed up on the website, more than once actually, we are Gold, almost Platinum never received one thing on Explorer, nor any brochure. I do get email notices (sometimes), I have updated my profile with our new address and phone.......but still nothing.
That describes us, too (although we're just silver). We'd like to get the occasional glossy brochure, but nothing arrives. Meanwhile, I'm absolutely flooded by Oceania brochures, even though I've never sailed with them, and periodically a Seabourn one too.

Same with us. We're Silver, but we never receive anything from Regent. All of the info in my profile is current and correct, but I too have to request a brochure from their website and take my chances as to what will arrive. Haven't cruised with Oceania, but get tons of mailings from them.:confused:

I was in the same boat. No matter how many times I requested emails and brochures, I received nothing. Finally, I created a new email sub account and made up a name. Then I requested Regent emails and brochures again, using my correct home address, my made-up name, and my new email address. Tthat opened the floodgates and I now receive loads of stuff from Regent. Be careful what you wish for. :D

Same here, as all of the above posts. Lots of "little" flyers in the mail, only what they want to sell immediately, but no "bible" of the years worth of cruises. By the same token, I requested a 2016 "bible" from Crystal and I had one within 4 days......same for Silversea (omg, what a book!) and Seabourn too. I do understand the deal about waste and the cost of mailing these behemouth catalogs, but I'd rather have "the book" than to always be turning on the computer to looks at stuff. The track is fast out there, Regent! Send us something useful for a change!

I will share some of mine!

Because we have three addresses, each one of these gets each and every mailing and it is overwhelming. While we were away on our last cruise, we came back to 9 catalogs (just for Regent) in the mail for each location, and this was over for a four week period.y

Do they really believe that people are looking at all these catalogs or are they constantly mailing in the hope of getting someone as they begin to plan a future vacation? I know some other high end travel companies that mail out one beautiful catalog a year with a notice to save it for reference, which we do.

Between Oceania and Regent, the amount of wasted paper is mind boggling. On the bright side - they keep the postal service in business.

gnomie :)

Same here, as all of the above posts. Lots of "little" flyers in the mail, only what they want to sell immediately, but no "bible" of the years worth of cruises. By the same token, I requested a 2016 "bible" from Crystal and I had one within 4 days......same for Silversea (omg, what a book!) and Seabourn too. I do understand the deal about waste and the cost of mailing these behemouth catalogs, but I'd rather have "the book" than to always be turning on the computer to looks at stuff. The track is fast out there, Regent! Send us something useful for a change!

Agree with you -- love the annual "bible" from all of the luxury lines. It actually saves us paper. We can make comparisons easier than on the computer and can refer back it throughout the year.

I'm Gold and never receive any printed matter. My daughters travelled with me several times as my guests and they now receive EVERYTHING including birthday cards and invitations to book the Explorer. I received an email about the Explorer telling me I was special and had an opportunity to book before others but the inaugural was all wait list at that point. I know that I can find the same info on the website but I like to look at a brochure occasionally.

I'm Gold and never receive any printed matter. My daughters travelled with me several times as my guests and they now receive EVERYTHING including birthday cards and invitations to book the Explorer. I received an email about the Explorer telling me I was special and had an opportunity to book before others but the inaugural was all wait list at that point. I know that I can find the same info on the website but I like to look at a brochure occasionally.

It sounds like you need a really good TA!

I have only been in one cruise with Regent - 4 years ago! However I get lots of stuff from them and once I signed up online the Explorer booklet appeared also. They know I'm in my 50s and they have lots of time to bait the hook! Data mining could be at work.

FYI, I recently spoke to a Regent rep requesting info for 2016 Explorer cruises and was told that they expect to publish the remainder of their 2016 itineraries on or about 15 Feb 2015. Hopefully, Regent does not make a liar out of me! :)

Z and TB

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FYI, I recently spoke to a Regent rep requesting info for 2016 Explorer cruises and was told that they expect to publish the remainder of their 2016 itineraries on or about 15 Feb 2015. Hopefully, Regent does not make a liar out of me! :)

Z and TB

We will hold you to this -- if the itineraries are not out 15 Feb 2015, you may be hung upside down by your toes :D

Thanks for the information -- something to look forward to in a couple of weeks.

It sounds like you need a really good TA!

I have an excellent TA (I believe we use the same one) but that doesn't mean I get paper mailings from Regent. They seem to come in waves; I'll be ignored for months on end, then I'll get several close together.

I have an excellent TA (I believe we use the same one) but that doesn't mean I get paper mailings from Regent. They seem to come in waves; I'll be ignored for months on end, then I'll get several close together.

We rarely get paper mailings from Regent and wonder if that is because we always have something booked with them. I'm not even sure how to request one of their large books (think I need to contact our TA).

We will hold you to this -- if the itineraries are not out 15 Feb 2015, you may be hung upside down by your toes :D

Thanks for the information -- something to look forward to in a couple of weeks.

Whoa. Sound like a Saturday nite with The Boss. Hopefully, Regent won't make me look like a schmuck.

Personally, we hope the the Explorer schedules a transatlantic immediately after its current schedule and that I won't have to take out a second mortgage.

Z and TB

A couple of months ago, I went to the Regent website and requested (I thought) a brochure on Explorer. I did get a brochure, but it had nothing to do with Explorer, so maybe requesting will get you something. What was interesting, because I was in the mood to be amused, was that within 30 minutes of my requesting a brochure, a travel agent called me on the phone, "ready to help me with my planned cruise". Now, this wasn't the first time I had navigated the Regent website, and I know not to indicate I have a cruise planned. She was disappointed.

A couple of months ago, I went to the Regent website and requested (I thought) a brochure on Explorer. I did get a brochure, but it had nothing to do with Explorer, so maybe requesting will get you something. What was interesting, because I was in the mood to be amused, was that within 30 minutes of my requesting a brochure, a travel agent called me on the phone, "ready to help me with my planned cruise". Now, this wasn't the first time I had navigated the Regent website, and I know not to indicate I have a cruise planned. She was disappointed.

Thanks for the tip -- I definitely do not want Regent calling me about anything:)

Just got home from work and in the mailbox was yet another Regent catalog/brochure, they seem to come almost daily. Bit wait, this is a good one, it is the Preview of the 2016 summer and fall collection for May through December.

Just briefly looked at it and one thing that I did see - a notice that all Explorer fares will guarantee to increase by $300 on July 1, 2015.

Time for dinner - more later

First of all, I must correct myself - in my previous post I had indicated that the 2016 brochure mentioned a guaranteed $300 price increase on July 1, 2015 on all Explorer bookings - I had misread, it states a $300 price increase on all bookings. Throughout the brochure it states "Book Early to Receive the Best Savings - Guaranteed". Not sure what that really means - if you read between the lines it does not say the best price, but the best savings. How many of us have been told to book early for the best prices only to see significant discounts later on. Some of the voyages are $1000 per night per person for the most inexpensive cabin.

However, we will see what happens - the prices have increased, as one would expect. Maybe the powers that be at NCL believe that they will be able to attract a new segment of passengers from the NCL ranks and they will fill the ships. At least for us, there becomes a price point where we say, "let's see what else is out there".

At least for us we didn't find any "Wow - that is a great cruise - let's go" itineraries - mostly the same stuff that has been done before. Both the Navigator and the Explorer will be in the Med for the summer of '16. We did find one cruise that we thought would be nice for the kids, but it is on the Navigator and suites with 1 1/2 baths are in short supply and quite pricey.

After Alaska, the Mariner is crossing the Panama canal, back and forth to Montreal and then down to the Caribbean. The Voyager is repeating the Dubai to Sydney trip, which they did in 2013. No indication where the Navigator or the Explorer are going after the Med.

Voyages open for bookings on February 11, 2015 at 8:30 EST