Drinks in Theatre

Froggitt

I've just completed my post cruise survey (Jade). I asked if NCL could put up signs in the theatre saying "If you want drinks, only sit in an aisle seat".

Anyone else have problems getting served in the theatre? Are my expectations unreasonable or unrealistic?

I have sat in the middle of an aisle, and had no problem receiving a drink ... The real trick is to be there early enough that the bar server has room to negotiate to hand you your drink. If you get there late, then you should not expect to be served as easily or at all... kind of like getting a hot dog at a ball game in your seat at that point. Common sense.

Therefore, although I sense sarcasm, your signage idea seems to be a no go.

Getting drink service will always be more trouble if you're in the middle/inside of a row than if you're sitting near the aisle. More trouble for you, and more trouble for the server, but not exactly mission impossible. Once the show starts, I do feel it is inconsiderate to request further drink service unless you are very close to the aisle (and preferably near the rear of the theater).

If I want to have a drink I either bring it with me or just tell the server when entering the theatre. My memory might be fading but I think two or three years back they were not only in the theatre more "pushing" and actively asking you if you want to have a drink but this is getting less and less now which I prefer in general.

It is a matter of priorities for the individual involved. What is YOUR priority...the show, or drinks?

For me, it's drinks. I need drinks to get through the horrible show. I choose my seat accordingly... As indicated above, aisle and rear. Mazel tov!

It is a matter of priorities for the individual involved. What is YOUR priority...the show, or drinks?

For me, it's drinks. I need drinks to get through the horrible show. I choose my seat accordingly... As indicated above, aisle and rear. Mazel tov!

If the show is horrible why not just stay at the bar? Seems like a waste of time in that case!

So you agree that NCL should manage expectations by putting up a sign to that effect?
I suggest more general signage all around the ship saying "You are our top priority… along with the other 2500 passengers on board, who are also our top priority. Please manage your expectations accordingly."

Sorry, I meant my expectations of being served, rather than my expectations of a sign going up. Is it unreasonable to expect drinks in a seat other than an aisle seat?

Which ship? We have never had trouble getting drinks in middle seats.

Although my row was full, half of the row behind me was empty. Felt a bit like "can't be bothered going to the other side of the theatre and then halfway along the row behind......also cant be bothered alerting my co-worker on the other side".

Which brings me onto another point........the theatre seats in the Jade are the most uncomfortable seats in the world. Fact.

Although my row was full, half of the row behind me was empty. Felt a bit like "can't be bothered going to the other side of the theatre and then halfway along the row behind......also cant be bothered alerting my co-worker on the other side".

Which brings me onto another point........the theatre seats in the Jade are the most uncomfortable seats in the world. Fact.

Apparently they have since outdone themselves on the Getaway... those are even worse.