Verizon Carnival EGift Cards

CruizinMama1026

I bought a $100 one a couple of weeks ago just to try it out. I was thinking it was a gift card that I could enter as payment on my account. It wasn't. It was a certificate that I had to send certified mail to have put towards my payment. (certified mail took most of my savings on the $100 test) So far it has not been applied, certified mail tracking says there was a delay in delivery and it should be at destination today. As of now I'm happy I didn't buy $1000!! Anybody else get actual gift card number?

I too hope they are available again. Our cruise is not till Nov. so when I first looked they were available, but thought I'd buy them closer to cruise. I want a 500.00 one just to add to our account for tips, etc. Hope they are back soon!:)

Yes, I was able to buy actual gift certificates which I used to pay for excursions and pay off my cruise. I still have $300 or so left on one so I will take it on and apply it to my account when we board.

You just have to be careful that you buy the gift cards and not the cruise certificate.

I bought a $100 one a couple of weeks ago just to try it out. I was thinking it was a gift card that I could enter as payment on my account. It wasn't. It was a certificate that I had to send certified mail to have put towards my payment. (certified mail took most of my savings on the $100 test) So far it has not been applied, certified mail tracking says there was a delay in delivery and it should be at destination today. As of now I'm happy I didn't buy $1000!! Anybody else get actual gift card number?

The certificates work totally different. Alot of people must have brought them once the gift cards ran out, because it only took a day or two before they were sold out too. But they are much more of a hassle to use. The egift cards work great and can be used towards anything. I've purchased a boatload of them. I've called Verizon twice and they have said both times the e-cards will be back. Hope they are right.

Verizon has been out of them all week so I called and the rep told me they were waiting to here from Carnival on whether they will still carry them or not, she did say the last time they sold out they were back on a few days later but this time it's been a week so I got my fingers crossed. I paid my entire cruise off already and a excursion I did want to snag a 500.00 one for OBC before my cruise in April though.

what a shame! Hope they come back. I picked up $1000 for our upcoming cruise. Hope they are easy to apply to OBC. :mad:

You can go to Guest Services to have them applied to do it yourself on the kiosk under manage my funds. Both very easy, although I thought it was quicker to apply them myself at the kiosk.

The certificates and the gift cards are two very different items. The certificates can only be used to pay on the cruise and you have to send them in; pain in the butt. The cards you can apply to everything. I too hope they become available again. I'm going to have to start watching closely as we plan to book a b2b on the breeze next year.

Reference #

150126-001208

Subject

VZW Smart Rewards

Dear Member,

Thank you for your email regarding The Carnival eGift Cards. Currently they are unavailable for purchase. There is no available estimated restocking date for these items. We apologize for this inconvenience and encourage you to check the site periodically for any updates. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you for being a Verizon Smart Rewards member.

Customer Service This is the response I recieved.

Sounds like its on Carnivals end. :(

I had used enough to save $150 so I can't really complain...but I'm gonna anyway.

I can't imagine they lost more than maybe $5 on each transaction per hundred because I imagine Verizon absorbed a portion as well.

I cruise in 2 weeks and you can bet I'll be checking frequently in hopes or a bit more cash. :rolleyes:

Edited by divinmule

I called customer service the day they disappeared off the Verizon site. She only said they were temporarily out. The odd thing is, Royal Caribbean is still up, but with the words 'sold out'. Curious as to why Carnival doesn't even show up any longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is tax refund season so I'm sure they are expecting a spike in sales for the next month or so. That and lots of people book just before spring break. There isn't really any reason to offer any discounts when you can sell something at higher than normal prices.

They are giving away $75 gift cards for applying for the Mastercard, having $50 deposit sales (which I thought were done forever after last year), and the price of my cruise has stayed the same while my brother's has dropped. So I personally don't think it has anything to do with tax season specifically. But whether it does or not, I hope they come back as the only reason I went to Verizon after my last contract ran out was to take advantage of these gift cards. I don't care for them much and will be back to my old provider if the gift cards are done.

Response I received from Verizon:

Dear Member,

Thank you for your email regarding the Carnival gift cards. We apologize for the inconvenience, but e-gift cards and Carnival gift cards are temporarily unavailable while we work to enhance security features. This is temporary but we do not have an estimate yet on when they will return.

Thank you for being a Verizon Smart Rewards member.

Customer Service

I guess a "security" issue may be at fault.