Suite, UDP, and Concierge

FireEater

For all that have been staying in Suites, has it been difficult to get the Concierge to book you a Specialty Dining Room table at times requested with all these promo UDP's ?

I can imagine it only getting worse now after today.

Recently sailed on the Gem and never had a problem booking with the concierge

There was an issue when we booked carneys with carlos the concierge and we found out by accident they didnt have our reservation

That was even after getting a written confirmation from carlos

We did end up getting a new reservation but it was 15 minutes later

No biggie

Recently sailed on the Gem and never had a problem booking with the concierge

There was an issue when we booked carneys with carlos the concierge and we found out by accident they didnt have our reservation

That was even after getting a written confirmation from carlos

We did end up getting a new reservation but it was 15 minutes later

No biggie

Thanks.

Were you able to book the day you were going there to eat or asked to book at least 1 or 2 days before?

We just got off the SUN. No issue at all getting where we wanted & the time we wanted. It may also depend on your concierge. We had Patrick and he made sure we were able to get where we wanted. He did mention on the first day about Teppyanki so we did book that one ahead of time because on the SUN there are only 12 people per sitting. You didn't mention what ship you are going on but I can not imagine you wouldn't be able to get what you want within a few minutes.

On our recent 11 day Pearl cruise the only specialty restaurant we prebooked wasTeppanyaki. Our concierge Elvina handled the rest of the reservations for us with no problem. We were always able to eat when/where we chose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would assume the majority of people who get to choose one promo choose the beverage, if you drink it's the best deal. The others like the suites and haven who get all 3 are not the majority on the ship.

Just my thoughts

No trouble at all on the Dawn last week. We had a suite and, apart from Teppenyaki and a 7pm dinner in Cagney's on the last night, we really didn't need to book, but when we did, we had no problems in getting the times we wanted.

Whereas you would think there are a lot of people with the UDP, it made no noticeable difference to bookings or how busy the restaurants are compared to the last time we cruised without the offer being available.

Thanks all.

Sounds like my April forward facing suite cruise on the Sun will be even more pleasant without having to be told No its full, oh there? No its full too, while I sip on a UBP Scotch while thinking of how I will be spending my OBC.... :D

On our recent 11 day Pearl cruise the only specialty restaurant we prebooked wasTeppanyaki. Our concierge Elvina handled the rest of the reservations for us with no problem. We were always able to eat when/where we chose.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree, Elvina was terrific.

She gave us a list of all reservations (dates and times), and if we changed one, she gave us an updated list.

If there was trouble getting the specific time we requested, she called back to ask about other choices. Since we weren't locked in to a specific time, there wasn't ever any problem.

(However, on the Dawn, a different concierge was "less than helpful", so we just stopped asking for anything.)

GeezerCouple

If you are in a suite and have UDP, can dinner from a specialty restaurant be delivered? I want to have 1 or 2 dinners on my aft balcony!

If you have a butler just about anything can be delivered to your room, including meals from the specialty restaurants. Don't hesitate to ask your butler. They can and will do just about anything you ask of them.

In this context... since we are platinium members and can use the Concierge service ...

... can/will he/she reserve for us with the same "priority" as suite guest?

In my experience, no. Suite guests are VIP with concierge service. Platinum cruisers are just passengers with concierge service. Usually the concierge will put forth some effort but not the same if the request was for a suite VIP. The difference being if you know the concierge personally.

If you are in a suite and have UDP, can dinner from a specialty restaurant be delivered? I want to have 1 or 2 dinners on my aft balcony!

If you have a butler just about anything can be delivered to your room, including meals from the specialty restaurants. Don't hesitate to ask your butler. They can and will do just about anything you ask of them.

I was wondering the same.

Yes, they can be delivered to your room but would they still be covered under the UDP and have no charge?

If so, that is going to be awesome :D

Thanks

WE had Adrian on the Breakaway last June. He was OUTSTANDING. There wasn't a hoop he wasn't willing to jump through to get us the reservations we wanted (at least withinn 30 minutes of our target). I had heard he was going on the Getaway, though

Just be reasonable with your requests and you should have no problems.

If you are in a suite, does the concierge contact you prior?? Meaning-if I already know where I want to dine night one do I wait until on board??

Also-being this is my first NCL cruise and it is quite a ways out, my NCL on line account will open up dinner reservations closer to sailing?? Thinking maybe the cirque show/dinner night one as it says it is no extra charge on day one.

If you are in a suite, does the concierge contact you prior?? Meaning-if I already know where I want to dine night one do I wait until on board??

Also-being this is my first NCL cruise and it is quite a ways out, my NCL on line account will open up dinner reservations closer to sailing?? Thinking maybe the cirque show/dinner night one as it says it is no extra charge on day one.

Yes, you will probably meet your concierge in the lounge before you actually board.

I would think you would be fine at cirque on the first night. The reason it's free that night is because it's not well attended. I would try to book it online or, failing that, ask your concierge as soon as you meet him/her in the lounge.

100 days out from your sailing, dinner reservations open up on your MyNCL account. Non-suite passengers have access to reservations at 90 days out, so it offers you a little slight advantage. I'd book it as soon as it becomes available online. It is my understanding, based on many threads here, that pre-concierge ( the shore side concierge, not who you will deal with on the ship ) is unreliable.