RCCL Pre buying OBC.

No I don't, take the cash with you and you can load it onto your account.

P.S. - off topic but just wanted to alert/invite you to a meet up for Canberra Cruisers. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hp?t=2146863:D

That's my thinking as well. I have always used cash plus we have OBC, just wish I knew about this deal before I exchanged my currency - lost $150.

Got the message re the meet up on FB but I have a prior commitment that I cant get out of. Raina will hopefully organise another meet up in the future.

Suzie

That's my thinking as well. I have always used cash plus we have OBC, just wish I knew about this deal before I exchanged my currency - lost $150.

Got the message re the meet up on FB but I have a prior commitment that I cant get out of. Raina will hopefully organise another meet up in the future.

Suzie

I am sure she will.:D

Ok bought 1:1 dollars this afternoon(OBC)

Asked if I dont spend it all and they say you can request balance of dollars (either AU or US) from Customer Service desk before you dis-embark.

Not on website at all, but should still be available until end of week.

Have got my confirmation for the deal already sent to email address.

So ready to sail ....

I bought some more OBC today (I got some last week when I first heard about it on CC). Last week got straight thru, today I was on hold for around 15-20 minutes. I asked again what happens to any left over money and was told it would be credited back onto card. I asked if I could take cash and was told no.

Asked how long the deal would be available and was told they DO NOT have a promotion, it is always 1:1, but lately it has become very popular....... Whether true or not, I guess we will find out in due course:)

I bought some more OBC today (I got some last week when I first heard about it on CC). Last week got straight thru, today I was on hold for around 15-20 minutes. I asked again what happens to any left over money and was told it would be credited back onto card. I asked if I could take cash and was told no.

Asked how long the deal would be available and was told they DO NOT have a promotion, it is always 1:1, but lately it has become very popular....... Whether true or not, I guess we will find out in due course:)

Yes, it seems they have processed some OBC I bought online. I thought it hadn't processed properly as I didn't get any confirmation or receipt number. Which is why I rang from then on, now it seems I have doubled my OBC (at my cost of course). The decision I now need to make is do I keep it or cancel it.:D

Yes, it seems they have processed some OBC I bought online. I thought it hadn't processed properly as I didn't get any confirmation or receipt number. Which is why I rang from then on, now it seems I have doubled my OBC (at my cost of course). The decision I now need to make is do I keep it or cancel it.:D

At least I'm not the only one not to receive a confirmation email.

Keep it. Just in case. What you don't use will go back on your card anyway, and it's not like we earn interest in the bank anymore!

At least I'm not the only one not to receive a confirmation email.

Keep it. Just in case. What you don't use will go back on your card anyway, and it's not like we earn interest in the bank anymore!

Apparently the email went to the TA and that is why there was a delay, It is all sorted now.:D

We rang Up the RCI number. They said that this offer has always been there but with all the hype and people talking about it now they could not guarantee how long it will continue for.

Welcome to Cruise critic, :D

That is always an issue with any offer, they can pull it or extend it depending on how much profit it will generate.

With the Aussie $ heading south, they can't be making too much profit.

No maybe not so much profit but with this incentive, they are collecting a lot of money well in advance of what would normally occur so they can use all that capital. In addition, people are likely to spend more on the ship as A) they have pre-purchased and B) they bought at $ for $.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

With the markups for some shore excursions, wine and items in the shops I think they would still be making a profit even with the 1 for 1 offer!

The added bonus for RCI is that this offer may address the fact some Australians may baulk at their $US priced ships at the moment and head for $A priced ones instead. Which is why I am confused they do not seem to advertise it and we only found out through CC. My travel agent was amazed and said they had never heard of it nor seen it mentioned in any of their literature.

With the markups for some shore excursions, wine and items in the shops I think they would still be making a profit even with the 1 for 1 offer!
Agreed.

The added bonus for RCI is that this offer may address the fact some Australians may baulk at their $US priced ships at the moment and head for $A priced ones instead. Which is why I am confused they do not seem to advertise it and we only found out through CC. My travel agent was amazed and said they had never heard of it nor seen it mentioned in any of their literature.

Agreed and it appears the email that first notified some only went to some Canadians, but word spreads quickly and we found it applied to Australia as well.:D

No maybe not so much profit but with this incentive, they are collecting a lot of money well in advance of what would normally occur so they can use all that capital. In addition, people are likely to spend more on the ship as A) they have pre-purchased and B) they bought at $ for $.:D

We have crashed the system!!!! :eek:

I was told it is not a promotion. I got it once before nad thought it was an rror or something. So they can pull/change it at any time.

Great that most of us got some!!:D

Raina

We have crashed the system!!!! :eek:

I was told it is not a promotion. I got it once before nad thought it was an rror or something. So they can pull/change it at any time.

Great that most of us got some!!:D

Raina

Goodness, too many people buying OBC has caused a run on their bank balance.:eek:

Definitely crashed the system. Just got off the phone to RCI to try and purchase some and was advised their system is down and to try again on Sunday or Monday. Will call back tomorrow morning instead :p

Definitely crashed the system. Just got off the phone to RCI to try and purchase some and was advised their system is down and to try again on Sunday or Monday. Will call back tomorrow morning instead :p

I spoke to them this morning and had them sort out a few issues for me. Guess I was lucky to get it done before it crashed.:D

Hi all!

I was just advised by the RCI rep that it was a mistake that they were offering $AUD $1 = $USD $1 and that they are now fixing the system that allowed this.

In a couple of days time they will have it fixed then will be offering the conversion rate!

Sorry those that missed out (me) :mad: after all we've known about it for 10 days! and happy for those that got in early! :D

Gae

Edited by gaechann

WOW I am glad I got mine yesterday.. $3000

If going by the XE conversion I just saved myself $900+

3,000.00 USD = 3,919.39 AUD

US Dollar ↔ Australian Dollar

1 USD = 1.30646 AUD 1 AUD = 0.765424 USD

Good on you! Yes, they were swamped with requests apparently!