RCCL Pre buying OBC.

You need to get through to "Cruise Administration".

thanks , on hold at the moment with amend cruise and i will ask to be transfered over to ADMIN, another quick question, do I just ask about the pre purchase of money for my sea pass, or is there something else they are calling it,

first time for me with all this , sorry :o

thanks , on hold at the moment with amend cruise and i will ask to be transfered over to ADMIN, another quick question, do I just ask about the pre purchase of money for my sea pass, or is there something else they are calling it,

first time for me with all this , sorry :o

Just ask for purchasing some 'On Board Credit'.:D

Good on you Mic, and the other CC'ers who've taken advantage of this deal.

I rang through to X on Friday last, (I think) and it was showing on my credit card yesterday to be $ for $. A$300 for US$300! Fabulous :D

I'm just about to get some more........

ratacake

Good on you Mic, and the other CC'ers who've taken advantage of this deal.

I rang through to X on Friday last, (I think) and it was showing on my credit card yesterday to be $ for $. A$300 for US$300! Fabulous :D

I'm just about to get some more........

ratacake

Excellent,:D

Just like gambling you must remember to 'buy OBC responsibly' :p

woo hoo all done

one thing i did find out that is has to be done no later than 5 business days including the day u sail,

so for us by end of today as we sail Tuesday,

:) thanks all for your help:)

Enjoy your cruise

Excellent,:D

Just like gambling you must remember to 'buy OBC responsibly' :p

Except this isn't much of a gamble.

If you spend it all you're about 20% in front.

If you don't spend it all and the refund I'd $ for $ you're still 20% up on what you do spend:D sweet deal really.

Except this isn't much of a gamble.

If you spend it all you're about 20% in front.

If you don't spend it all and the refund I'd $ for $ you're still 20% up on what you do spend:D sweet deal really.

Yes, but you should only spend what you can afford.:D

OK - I just purchased a small amount of OBC for our Radiance Alaskan cruise in June. Had to wait a while until I got to speak to an operator but when I did get through - operator was not in Australia, but before I processed the deal I queried if it would be charged to my card in AU$ or US$ and was advised that it would be in AU$ - $ for $. Operator advised I would receive an email in approx. 5 mins confirming the transaction, but it took less than 5 seconds to confirm that I had the same amount OBC in US$! I then checked my credit card and there was exactly that amount "pending" on my card. Now that experiment has worked I will load on some more. This is great - at the moment AU Banks are offering 74 cents US per AU$:eek:, but I'm happy:D:D

OK - I just purchased a small amount of OBC for our Radiance Alaskan cruise in June. Had to wait a while until I got to speak to an operator but when I did get through - operator was not in Australia, but before I processed the deal I queried if it would be charged to my card in AU$ or US$ and was advised that it would be in AU$ - $ for $. Operator advised I would receive an email in approx. 5 mins confirming the transaction, but it took less than 5 seconds to confirm that I had the same amount OBC in US$! I then checked my credit card and there was exactly that amount "pending" on my card. Now that experiment has worked I will load on some more. This is great - at the moment AU Banks are offering 74 cents US per AU$:eek:, but I'm happy:D:D

Yes, there are a lot of happy people at the moment taking advantage of the current conversion rate of Parity.;):cool:

Hi all

I just purchased $500USD for our upcoming 7-night cruise on QM2.

This cost me $539AUD so about 90cents AUD to the $1USD so I'm pretty happy with that.

This cruise is all about the ship - there's only one port of call at Airlie Beach so we won't even bother getting off having been there a couple of times before. We figure it will give us a better opportunity to really check out the ship whilst most people are ashore.

Gae

How (where) do you check what OBC you have?

Glad everyone is taking advantage of this. Even my TA (who is a friend and got me a fantastic deal) hadn't heard of it.

OP - thank you very, very much. You have saved me literally hundreds of dollars on my holiday

Edited by aussiebrad79

I just placed a heap of on board credit using the current dollar for dollar promotion by using my visa card.... I rang 0299375400. I initially booked through Flight Centre and have not yet fully paid off the cruise. I was able to place $1100 on my card (which also has the $400 included obc and $1500 on another card...

The bloke on the phone didn't say when it would it expire but at the moment it COULD finish up on the 28th of February but may be extended.

Hope this helps

The bloke on the phone didn't say when it would it expire but at the moment it COULD finish up on the 28th of February but may be extended.

Hope this helps

Sorry mate, but that isn't helping the discussion. I appreciate you trying to assist, but people are putting money into their vacations right now. So a *could* isn't extremely helpful advice as people are looking for definites here. Where did you get that date from?

Edited by aussiebrad79

Sorry mate, but that isn't helping the discussion. I appreciate you trying to assist, but people are putting money into their vacations right now. So a *could* isn't extremely helpful advice as people are looking for definites here. Where did you get that date from?

Are you serious ?? Isn't helping ??? I think it helps a lot if people are worried about it ending at least there is now a date they can get the OBC fixed up by..... There is no definite ending date hence why I posted the information I received straight from RCI whilst I bought my dollar for dollar OBC. See my previous post RE: Phone number for you to call to try and get a definite answer !

Sounds as definite as it can be.

Sometimes in life things are only possibilities.

Or would you rather they do like a Royal Caribbean sale saying it "WILL" finish on x date... and then on the day it gets extended?!?! :p

Edited by The_Big_M

Gee, lighten up. This here is a site that is all opinons. It's not a life or death decision. Either ring up and buy some (I have bought several thousand on the assumption that it will work) or let it ride and buy through a bank and get the usual 73/74 cents. I contacted my TA and she even purchased some and was told by the RCL Rep that this COULD still be on offer in March but RCL MAY cancel the offer at any time.

I am sure that most of us who have purchased read the opinions here then made the decision to call RCL and then after discussion decided then whether to purchase OBC or not.

I know that this is not helping the discussion but it is my opinion.

Hi all

I just purchased $500USD for our upcoming 7-night cruise on QM2.

This cost me $539AUD so about 90cents AUD to the $1USD so I'm pretty happy with that.

This cruise is all about the ship - there's only one port of call at Airlie Beach so we won't even bother getting off having been there a couple of times before. We figure it will give us a better opportunity to really check out the ship whilst most people are ashore.

Gae

Good work, I am looking forward to your review of the ship Gae.:D

How (where) do you check what OBC you have?

Your paper work from the TA or in the email when dealing direct should show your OBC, the personalizers rarely show it unless it comes as a perk.

Off topic, just wanted to alert/invite you to a meet up for Canberra Cruisers. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2146863:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Do you think it's worth selling my US currency back and using the money to buy OBC??? Not sure if it's worth it.

No I don't, take the cash with you and you can load it onto your account.

P.S. - off topic but just wanted to alert/invite you to a meet up for Canberra Cruisers. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...hp?t=2146863:D

I was told it was finishing up at the end of next week but they will repeat the offer later in the year.

the fact is that you could ask ten RCI agents the same question about when it will finish and you will have ten differing answers.

If you want some OBC at this rate why wait, buy it now, otherwise the date it ends has no significance at all.

Edited by MicCanberra