Maasdam 2016 Alaska 14 Day RT Seattle?

zelker

I see Maasdam is doing a transcanal in May 2016 that's ending in Seattle. Does anyone know whether she'll be doing the 14 day rt itinerary out of Seattle? We have friends who are finally going to book Alaska for 2016 and I'm trying to talk them into trying HAL for the first time and the 14 night itinerary in particular if it's going to be offered again. If it IS Maasdam, at least they can do some research about the ship (I've already shared this year's itinerary with them).

Thanks,

Barb

On the HAL website, before it was recently redone, there was a link to the Cruise Calendar (I can't find it now) that showed the Maasdam was doing the 14 day Alaska cruise in May/16, after the Panama Canal. The cruise calendar did not go beyond May/16. One could hope that, if Maasdam was doing one 14 day cruise, she would be doing more of them for that season. But we won't know for sure until the 2016 itineraries are released.

Thanks KK! I've passed all this info to our friends. Now up to them to decide which line and which itinerary.

In the mean time, we enjoyed this itinerary on Amsterdam in 2010 SO much that we're booked to do it again this July on Statendam ... and will get to finally see Tracy Arm. Can't wait. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks info. Never been on HAL but I've been watching the 14day Alaska itinerary since it started, maybe change plans for 2016. I'll have to go check reviews but I have seen many comments about uneven heating/cooling, plumbing etc so I wonder if they've all been fixed ? I notice she was built in 1993 so she's getting on a bit :)

Thanks

Edited by pspercy