Upgrade/GTY!

Host CJSKIDS

Well after 15 cruises we booked our first GTY mini, the MF category. Figured I would roll the dice since it was only a 3 day. Got my cabin assignment today and they not only assigned us a MA midship mini, but one of the angled balconies!

This is actually the cruise that will make me Elite, my husband turned Elite after our last sailing. I'm one happy cruiser today! Amazing the little things that can make your day! LOL

That is great. I always book GTY, in several categories, and have never been disappointed, and almost always am upgraded.

Awaiting assignment for Island, 21 March..

Susan

My best upgrade, from lowest inside to a balcony on a Royal TA, resulted from booking a specific cabin. On my next cruise, there wasn't any particular cabin I cared for left, so I booked a guarantee and got precisely the category I'd booked. All this is anecdotal evidence, of course, and will have zero bearing on anyone else's experience in the future.

As is always said here, never make a booking you won't be satisfied with.

Edited by shepp

Well after 15 cruises we booked our first GTY mini, the MF category. Figured I would roll the dice since it was only a 3 day. Got my cabin assignment today and they not only assigned us a MA midship mini, but one of the angled balconies!

This is actually the cruise that will make me Elite, my husband turned Elite after our last sailing. I'm one happy cruiser today! Amazing the little things that can make your day! LOL

Good news about your upgrade, but don't enthuse too much about the angled balconies (I assume you are on Island or Coral).

The angled balconies on the middle bump out section are smaller than the normal balconies and badly overlooked. I booked one, when wait listed for a suite, on the basis that by booking the highest grade of mini-suite, I would stand a better chance of getting off the wait list.

Then I saw the photos on "Tom's" site and quickly moved myself to another MA just in case I did not get off the wait list.

Certainly nice to be upgraded, and given you were on a GTY basis, no problem but personally I have those cabins marked as one's to avoid when paying for MA grade.

Good news about your upgrade, but don't enthuse too much about the angled balconies (I assume you are on Island or Coral).

The angled balconies on the middle bump out section are smaller than the normal balconies and badly overlooked. I booked one, when wait listed for a suite, on the basis that by booking the highest grade of mini-suite, I would stand a better chance of getting off the wait list.

Then I saw the photos on "Tom's" site and quickly moved myself to another MA just in case I did not get off the wait list.

Certainly nice to be upgraded, and given you were on a GTY basis, no problem but personally I have those cabins marked as one's to avoid when paying for MA grade.

I'm actually on the Regal and am thrilled about the angled balcony because they are bigger than the other mini balconies. They really made the balconies on this is ship small!

I was actually able to change us to the exact same cabin that we had on the Regal in Nov. so know exactly what I'm in for.

I'm on the 3 nite Regal in April too. Got my cabin today (Aloha Mid ship) cat. IB, booked gty. IF. Does anyone know if cat IB is larger than IF? I may call and ask for something on a higher deck if possible. Location is more inportant to me than cabin type.

I'm also coming close to elite. Back2back on Emerald this Oct. after 1st seg. puts me at elite.

Got my cabin today (Aloha Mid ship) cat. IB, booked gty. IF.

I may call and ask for something on a higher deck if possible. Location is more important to me than cabin type.

You can call and ask to change to any other available IB cabin. If booked with a TA, must go through the TA.

Edited by caribill

I'm on the 3 nite Regal in April too. Got my cabin today (Aloha Mid ship) cat. IB, booked gty. IF. Does anyone know if cat IB is larger than IF? I may call and ask for something on a higher deck if possible. Location is more inportant to me than cabin type.

I'm also coming close to elite. Back2back on Emerald this Oct. after 1st seg. puts me at elite.

I believe its a bit bigger and has a nicer layout. I loved our Riviera deck IA we had in the Regal last year. Thought it was laid out much better than the DZ we had two weeks ago.