Are all passenger names needed at time of booking?

We are considering a South Pacific cruise in January and would like our adult children to come with us, so would need to book 3 cabins.

However, is it possible to book cabins without all the names of the passengers because our son isnt sure who will be coming along with him in his cabin.

We are considering a South Pacific cruise in January and would like our adult children to come with us, so would need to book 3 cabins.

However, is it possible to book cabins without all the names of the passengers because our son isnt sure who will be coming along with him in his cabin.

you will have to put the names down at the time of booking but as long as one member of the booking remains you are allowed to do a name change but if you dont put the names down and the cruise books out they wont be allowed to cruise because they can only take a certain number of passengers

They'll want names with anyone I've ever booked with.

They will need names, however, contact a TA and see what they can do for you, they may have more sway with booking now and providing names later.:D

you will have to put the names down at the time of booking but as long as one member of the booking remains you are allowed to do a name change

Not necessarily correct.

In one major local line at least, you can only change one name, and only with a justification e.g. medical certificate....

So depends on what cruise line you are looking to book.

They will need names, however, contact a TA and see what they can do for you, they may have more sway with booking now and providing names later.:D

I wouldn't contact a TA just for this. It's very unlikely they'll be able to override company policy... the cruise line policy is the main thing.

Not necessarily correct.

In one major local line at least, you can only change one name, and only with a justification e.g. medical certificate....

So depends on what cruise line you are looking to book.

we'll talk about princess and maybe the other lines might be similar

if you check out princess t&c's it states

one original passenger from the booking must always remain in the stateroom,if all original passengers cancel/are replaced the booking will be subjet to cancellation charges etc

it does not mention about a medical certificate

What about booking your son as a solo passenger and adding a travelling companion later? He would pay more per person initially but the fare would be adjusted if a second passenger joined him in his cabin.

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

What about booking your son as a solo passenger and adding a travelling companion later? He would pay more per person initially but the fare would be adjusted if a second passenger joined him in his cabin.

Anne

Ballarat, Australia

if there's space on the ship as it depends on the number of passengers onboard as the life boats can only hold so many people and once they reach the target no more is allowed so if they have someone in miind book it now

one original passenger from the booking must always remain in the stateroom,if all original passengers cancel/are replaced the booking will be subjet to cancellation charges etc

That's fine for Princess. As said, they're not all like that.

What cruise line are you on? Ring the cruiseline direct - and get your answer from them - they make the rules. Saves stress. :D

When I booked a P and O cruise I wasn't sure if son was able to get time off work so booked for myself, hubby and 2 granddaughters. I asked and was told as long as one name remained the same I could change up until 7 days prior to sailing. Son got time off so he came instead of hubby. No problems at all changing the names.

However - sister booked a celebrity as a solo, later a friend decided to join her and they were not able to change the solo to a twin. The friend ended up taking her own solo cabin as celebrity said they would have to cancel sisters booking and rebook and as prices had gone up, they would have ended up saving $60 each by sharing a cabin. crazy I know but its a fact.

As others have said it depends on the cruiseline. I would not advise doing as rkmw suggested unless you have confirmed in writing that another passenger can be added without having to cancel and make a new booking.

When I booked a P and O cruise I wasn't sure if son was able to get time off work so booked for myself, hubby and 2 granddaughters. I asked and was told as long as one name remained the same I could change up until 7 days prior to sailing. Son got time off so he came instead of hubby. No problems at all changing the names.

However - sister booked a celebrity as a solo, later a friend decided to join her and they were not able to change the solo to a twin. The friend ended up taking her own solo cabin as celebrity said they would have to cancel sisters booking and rebook and as prices had gone up, they would have ended up saving $60 each by sharing a cabin. crazy I know but its a fact.

As others have said it depends on the cruiseline. I would not advise doing as rkmw suggested unless you have confirmed in writing that another passenger can be added without having to cancel and make a new booking.

in post#7 that was from the princess book about the t&c but if in doubt just ring up the cruise line

These sorts of policies are enforced consistently. :D

Yes but differing lines have differing policies.:D