Dancing with the Stars Spring 2015 Gowns and more chatting

KandCsailing

I found the dance Julianne and Derek (and the two young ones) rather strange.

I liked the young and old concept but didn't care for the siblings still fighting when older. Maybe it's because I grew up an only child.

I thought the idea was too similar to Derek and Sasha's dance with Nastia last week too with the two rooms joined with a door.

DWST judges shot from FB. I cropped it to enlarge the dresses.

11046258_10153297183006740_7282386136787548948_n_zpsirjshiys.jpg

17898806375_04a4937a7a.jpg11046258_10153297183006740_7282386136787548948_n by Kerri Menna, on Flickr

As a flat footed person, I find this article interesting for fashion rules. Cannes film festival only likes women to wear heels. I think Sadie danced her whole season in flats and Rumer's heels were quite low.

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/shoegate-2015-women-kicked-off-cannes-red-carpet-for-daring-to-wear-flats-instead-of-heels

I haven't posted much but then again I haven't watched too much over the last couple of seasons. I did watch the finale and part of Monday night

too. Who in the he$$ picked that yellow dress for Erin?:eek: Seriously?

Not only does it look like a prom dress, but I think that color does nothing

for her:eek:.....

I was pretty impressed with the winners though:)

I was glad they showed the judges at the beginning of the finale so we could see their dresses full length. Carrie Ann's dress was gorgeous!

I thought Erin's white and silver dress was odd too. The metallic silver material reminded me of something from the 80's. She looked really pretty though. Her hair and makeup was perfect. I do believe she's getting the hang of being girly. And I bet she loved that beefcake dance. :)

I agree that Derek and Julianne's dance was kind of creepy.

The final results were right.

I'm going to miss Len next season. I wonder if they'll go back to three judges or if they'll have guest judges. I didn't think the past guest judges added much to the commentary or the show.

Watched the finale last night but peeked at the results on Tuesday night, tee hee.

I actually didn't mind Erin's dress - better than the prom dresses. Loved CarryAnn's and Julianne's.

So do you think next season there will just be the three judges? My DH doesn't like Julianne as a judge - I think she's fine. More fashion for us to discuss!

Thrilled with "Rue" winning! She so deserved it and I agree with Len - she may just be the best "star" dancer they've ever had.

Julianne posted on her webpage about the concept of the dance with Derek.

I'm still not crazy about it.

Was fun having everyone along for the season. See you in the fall!

A little insider info: It was Sia who contacted Derek and said she wanted him to perform to her song. Meanwhile, Derek and I have been prepping for MOVE Live on Tour, and we already planned on putting this song in our show. Derek always envisioned it as a romantic love story but I saw it in a way that expressed the difficulties that come with a family’s love. In our lives, we’ve had experiences where we want so badly to keep the peace in our family. The lyrics say, “I’m like an elastic band. If you pull too hard, I’m going to snap.” We came up with a concept based around family dynamics and how a family’s love can be difficult, too.

Just because we’re family and we’re expected to always love each other, that doesn’t mean it isn’t hard at times. So for us, this was a chance to show how we dealt with this when we were kids versus how we deal today as adults. As children, we can tease each other one minute then quickly move forward to playing together. Whereas today we build up so many walls that in the end we’re really just fighting against ourselves.

The dance was a representation of going back to our childhood and identifying those moments. The younger dancers Emma and Joey represented the younger versions of us. Every time we would interact with them, it symbolized Derek and I trying to reconnect with our childhood selves.

The destruction we created in the room wasn’t out of anger or frustration, it was out of carefree fun. A reminder that as adults we can still have fun!

What did you guys think? I hope you had as much fun watching as we did dancing!

xo Jules

I look like a goof posting two photos the same, but photobucket used in the top photo had a mind of it's own and would not keep that crop when I posted.

CC gremlins fixed it later.

Carrie Ann finally posted again on Parade after 2 weeks of not. I want her contracts.

http://parade.com/398790/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inabas-dwts-blog-the-right-couple-won/

Julianne posted on her webpage about the concept of the dance with Derek.

I'm still not crazy about it.

Was fun having everyone along for the season. See you in the fall!

A little insider info: It was Sia who contacted Derek and said she wanted him to perform to her song. Meanwhile, Derek and I have been prepping for MOVE Live on Tour, and we already planned on putting this song in our show. Derek always envisioned it as a romantic love story but I saw it in a way that expressed the difficulties that come with a family’s love. In our lives, we’ve had experiences where we want so badly to keep the peace in our family. The lyrics say, “I’m like an elastic band. If you pull too hard, I’m going to snap.” We came up with a concept based around family dynamics and how a family’s love can be difficult, too.

Just because we’re family and we’re expected to always love each other, that doesn’t mean it isn’t hard at times. So for us, this was a chance to show how we dealt with this when we were kids versus how we deal today as adults. As children, we can tease each other one minute then quickly move forward to playing together. Whereas today we build up so many walls that in the end we’re really just fighting against ourselves.

The dance was a representation of going back to our childhood and identifying those moments. The younger dancers Emma and Joey represented the younger versions of us. Every time we would interact with them, it symbolized Derek and I trying to reconnect with our childhood selves.

The destruction we created in the room wasn’t out of anger or frustration, it was out of carefree fun. A reminder that as adults we can still have fun!

What did you guys think? I hope you had as much fun watching as we did dancing!

xo Jules

Interesting! I did not pick up on any "carefree fun" in the dance or song. The whole performance was rather disturbing, IMO.

Sherri:)

I look like a goof posting two photos the same, but photobucket used in the top photo had a mind of it's own and would not keep that crop when I posted.

CC gremlins fixed it later.

Carrie Ann finally posted again on Parade after 2 weeks of not. I want her contracts.

http://parade.com/398790/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inabas-dwts-blog-the-right-couple-won/

Thank you, as always, for posting the pictures and links! I love getting the background information.

• 1 month later...
HI all!

Hope you're having a nice summer!

I see that tonight "Celebrity Family Feud" has DWTS teamed against the Bachelor(ette). Wonder what the players will look like dressed in non dance clothes.;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi Jo,:) I have been seeing the commericals for the show over the past

few weeks:eek:.....at least tonight is the first show.

I actually watched some of the Batchelorette this year....omg....is she

for real?:rolleyes:.......

I hope DWTS wins:D

HI all!

Lois ~ I've given up on the Bachelor/Bachelorette so don't know about this one. They don't seem to have a good rate of lasting. It was nice to see Jason, the only one I recognized. Too bad team DWTS didn't fare better.:(

Nice to talk to you Lois. I know you're a solo cruiser & so am I a lot of the time. DH doesn't always want to go where I do so I go solo but usually on NCL as they have studio cabins on their new ships.

Kerri ~ I pvred it then watched it. Did you watch the 1st one? I don't know those people so didn't but if it was a good one let me know as I kept it.

I watched "Last Tango in Halifax" at 8, I love that show & most British ones.

Have a great week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Kerri ~ I pvred it then watched it. Did you watch the 1st one? I don't know those people so didn't but if it was a good one let me know as I kept it.

I watched "Last Tango in Halifax" at 8, I love that show & most British ones.

Do you mean the Family Feud before the DWTS one?

It was NFC vs. AFC National Football players. I only saw the end, but I love the one guy, Jets center Nick Mangold, who reminds me of Grizzly Adams.

I'll look up "Last Tango in Halifax". I hadn't heard of it. What station do you get it on?

Hi Kerri, I love football and knew all the players on each team;)

Great, that would make it more fun for you for sure.

I only knew a couple of the Bachelor people. I don't really watch more than one or two episodes a season at the most. I'm not a fan of most reality tv.

Great, that would make it more fun for you for sure.

I only knew a couple of the Bachelor people. I don't really watch more than one or two episodes a season at the most. I'm not a fan of most reality tv.

I don't watch a lot of it either....but REAL Reality TV is sports:D:):D

• 1 month later...