Dancing with the Stars Spring 2015 Gowns and more chatting

KandCsailing

The My Most Memorable Year episode is always one of my favorites. Such great stories and so many of them are really moving. I think the younger dancers have a bit of a disadvantage since they usually haven't had many life experiences. But Willow and Riker were both pretty interesting. And Willow's dance was great. Mark is doing a good job this season and isn't letting Willow's age get in the way.

I was kind of surprised about who got sent home. I think there are several weaker dancers.

They need to start putting Suzanne Somers in more flattering costumes. She would have looked a lot better in just that long skirt last night than with those short shorts. She's in amazing shape but they keep making her look plump.

I liked the top of Carrie Ann's dress a lot. The color suited her and the beading was pretty. I wish I could have seen the whole thing. I couldn't tell if Erin was wearing a silver necklace or if that was part of her dress but she looked nice.

I liked the top of Carrie Ann's dress a lot. The color suited her and the beading was pretty. I wish I could have seen the whole thing.

best I can do

11052430_10153268665934887_2080487935855761590_n_zpsskrwbdzn.jpg

Carrie Ann's blog - no photos :(

http://parade.com/388607/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inabas-dwts-blog-a-perfect-10/

Julianne's blog.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/04/07/julianne-hough-on-dwts-photo-diary-style-pictures/

Thanks for the links, KandC! I like the skirt on Carrie Ann's dress too. It looks kind of like a blush color.

Carrie Ann's blog reminded me of something I thought of last night when I was watching the show. I agreed with Len that Rumer's waltz didn't have enough "waltz". But isn't it kind of unfair to penalize the dancer when the pro is the one who comes up with the routine? I guess the score goes to the team, not just the star. I still loved Rumer's dancing - she's so good.

You're welcome. I guess she put a filter on the photo so we can't tell the right colour.

It always bothers me when the pros don't put in enough content. Guess I'm grumpy like Len, but I think they should know by now what the judges are looking for.

Yeah, thanks for the photos! Julianne's dress looked even better when we can see that beautiful full skirt! Loved her hair also! And loved Carrie Ann's dress too - very elegant. I also liked Erin's look.

I fell asleep again 45 minutes into the show !!! so will have to finish watching tonight. But I did peak to see who was booted - I'm ok with who went home, he wasn't going to win anyway.

I know the teams only have a very small amount of time to show their dance steps, but I am noticing a ridiculous amount of setup and filler, rather than the bulk being actual ballroom dancing I have come to expect. Call me old fashioned.

It always bothers me when the pros don't put in enough content. Guess I'm grumpy like Len, but I think they should know by now what the judges are looking for.

Same here. Like when they do lifts when they're not supposed to. They know the judges are going to lower their score for that. Why do it?

I didn't watch until tonight, for various reasons. I really liked Erin's and Carrie Ann's dresses, especially Carrie Ann's. I couldn't see enough of Julieanne's to judge, though it looked old for her from the part I could see. (I can't get the link to open to her blog.) I did like her hair, though.

Some great dancing, some very over-rated, I'm fine with who went home, although not the worst dancer. I really liked Willow and Rumer, especially.

I couldn't tell if Erin was wearing a silver necklace or if that was part of her dress but she looked nice.
I saw that it was a necklace when she turned to interview someone and she posted a photo of her jewelry choices from Martin Katz for last night.

Guess she decided against the long pendent.

2c93d5e677ab024e91bab07083c86c4f_zps1kcjtvfm.jpg

I couldn't see enough of Julieanne's to judge, though it looked old for her from the part I could see. (I can't get the link to open to her blog.) I did like her hair, though.
I love her gown, but I couldn't stand the neckline that close to my throat. I'd also be the one catching that tulle skirt on everything I walked past.

julianne-hough-600x800_zpsh5yjrkug.jpg

Edited by KandCsailing

I saw that it was a necklace when she turned to interview someone and she posted a photo of her jewelry choices from Martin Katz for last night.

Guess she decided against the long pendent.

2c93d5e677ab024e91bab07083c86c4f_zps1kcjtvfm.jpg

I love her gown, but I couldn't stand the neckline that close to my throat. I'd also be the one catching that tulle skirt on everything I walked past.

julianne-hough-600x800_zpsh5yjrkug.jpg

I can't stand things close to my throat either! It's a beautiful dress; thanks for the photo. I still think it's a little mature looking.

I know the teams only have a very small amount of time to show their dance steps, but I am noticing a ridiculous amount of setup and filler, rather than the bulk being actual ballroom dancing I have come to expect. Call me old fashioned.

I've noticed that more when the dancer isn't very good. I guess the pros can't add any more dance steps so they add other "stuff" to fill the time.

I think Erin dress is lovely but the colour isn't quite right on her.

Same with Julianne's pink hair. I know it's a popular shade right now but I think it's too cool toned for her skin. Her gown is pretty. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Love the different tones of highlights in CarrieAnn's hair. Top is very plain, wonder what the bottom of her dress looks like?

I really liked Erin's dress, although the color was a bit off for her. Still very pretty. Not sure about Julianne's pink hair but the top of her dress was beautiful. Can't wait to see the rest of it. CarrieAnn's dress top looked kind of like last week's. Being Disney week, everybody was dressed a little over the top anyway.

Ironic that Suzanne went home, after wanting to anyway. Poor Tony - he really needs to get a good partner.

Will watch the second half of the show tonight :D.

Edited by Sandy Sails

Suzanne was threatening to quit because she has trouble learning the new steps - it takes her all week to finally get it. And Tony was being a little abrupt with her while trying to teach her. He talked her out of quitting and she learned the steps ok. But during the dance on the show, she stepped on her dress and had trouble getting back into the steps of the dance, poor thing.

I liked Julianne's dress (what I could see of it). It seemed appropriate for Disney week with a kind of fairy tail look. I did not like her pink hair though. I agree with KandC, the color was too cool for her. Plus...pink hair.

I didn't mind the color of Erin's dress but I didn't think the flow-y Greek skirt was very flattering on her. I'm still happy that she's more dressed up this season.

Finally, they put Suzann in something elegant. And she was doing pretty well too until she stepped on her skirt. What a bummer.

Loved, loved, loved Ryker's Pirates of the Caribbean dance! Somehow he did a Paso and played Captain Jack Sparrow at the same time. I had to rewind it and watch it again. :)

From what I could see of it, I liked Julianne's dress, and also Carrie Ann's. The pink hair I wasn't fond of, but she's young. One of my uber blonde granddaughters keeps dying parts of her lovely hair pink or aqua, etc. It's a fad, though she is only 14.

I thought Erin's dress was lovely, though the color was a little blah. I do like that she is dressing up more this year.

I loved the Pirate's dance also, also Willow, Nasia and Rumer. The right person went home--she was doing ok, for her age, but that's about it. Looks like we have three or four really good dancers and a few just average left.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

Julianne's blog post and a full length for those who can't get the link.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/04/14/julianne-hough-dwts-photo-diary-pink-hair-jenny-packham-dress/

julianne-hough-600x800_zpspuklxe0j.jpg

Carrie Ann's weekly post. Her dress was Adrianna Pappell. Haven't found a full length of her yet, but I think this shutter dress may be the one she wore.

http://parade.com/390413/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inabas-dwts-blog-what-happens-when-someone-stops-dancing/

adrianna-papell-strapless-shutter-peplum-gown_zps1pnuaqat.jpg

Edited by KandCsailing

I'm not a huge fan, but thought she did a wonderful job. Considering Patti Labelle is only two years older, the execution and complexity of their routines are night and day. I would have been discouraged if I was Susanne listening to the judges gush over the minimal dancing of Patti and judging Susanne to much more difficult standards. Susanne was never a professional dancer unless I'm uninformed.

I agree with the poster about Susanne's ugly costuming. That person should get fired!

Now I really like the two judge's dresses! Beautiful. Thanks for the pictures.

I do agree that Patti seems way over-scored and not held to the same standard as others. Her routines seem very simplified, and yet they gush over her.

Hi all!

I really enjoyed Monday's show even though I'm not the biggest Disney fan. It was a lot of fun & the dancing was really great in some cases.

Loved Ryker & Rumer especially. Glad to see Suzanne go home since she said she hated it! Googled her & wow she's had an interesting life!

Did anybody notice at the start of the show with the colourful dancers there was only one in green then later on there were 2!:confused:

Kerri ~ thanks so much for the links, it really adds something to the thread!:D

When you said that about the judges entering I looked again but don't seem to have a zoom on that tv so couldn't see the dresses.

I wasn't that keen on Erin's dress, looked sort of nightgowny to me but loved Julianne's now I see the whole thing, not loving her pink hair but now understand why.

See you next week!

~ Jo ~ :)