Dancing with the Stars Spring 2015 Gowns and more chatting

KandCsailing

This past season was the first I watched but aren't there usually a couple of "stars" that have some dance experience?

Oh yes, but I like the newbies better since I can't dance. I can't remember choreography well. I backed out of a Boxercise class once because I was so lost trying to follow along. When my friends noticed I was gone I waved at them from a stair climbing machine. :D

I think Charlie White, the Olympic gold medal ice dancer, would be my choice for the ultimate male star ringer. Dance experience and he knew how to do lifts, but he didn't win.

Here's a few other ringers I found with different levels of dance experience, but still able to follow a choreographed routine.

- Meryl Davis won an Olympic gold medal in ice dancing with her partner Charlie.

- Melissa Rycroft was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.

- Alfonso Ribeiro as a child performed in the title role of the Broadway musical The Tap Dance Kid and also appeared as a dancer in a 1984 Pepsi commercial featuring Michael Jackson.

- Zendaya as a child performed with the dance group Future Shock Oakland was a back-up dancer in a Sears commercial featuring Selena Gomez.

- Former Spice Girls member Mel B started as a dancer at a resort in England.

- all the gynamasts have had some dance training.

- Corbin Bleu

- Bethany Mota had taken dance classes.

- Amber Riley from Glee

- Kristi Yamaguchi

- Elizabeth Berkley

and many more.

So the final one is Chris from The Bachelor.......I didn't even know

till just now.....I was reading the news on line....not that it is "news"

but more like entertainment news.

Hi Lois! Thanks for the update - hadn't seen that yet. I'm just glad it's not Malcolm Butler, 'nuff said.

Lois, will you be tuning in this season when there aren't any sports on at the same time? I'm a sports lover too but only watch my local teams (Seattle).

Hi Sandy:) honestly, I don't know if I am going to watch or not.

Right now I am just 2 days away from a cruise:D.....so DWTS is not

really high on my list;)

I read a rumor today that Chris never went back to his farm and is in California. They think he has gotten back together with his ex.

I never knew that he had an ex. They haven't mentioned that fact on the show. I am sorry that he would rather dance than go back to his farm. Supposedly it is a huge operation. I am afraid he has gone Hollywood and changed completely.

I never knew that he had an ex. They haven't mentioned that fact on the show. I am sorry that he would rather dance than go back to his farm. Supposedly it is a huge operation. I am afraid he has gone Hollywood and changed completely.

I read somewhere that it was an ex - girlfriend that he was dumped by when he didn't want to get married. Who knows. Can't trust the internet or magazines sometimes but they seem right about him staying in California after the Bachelor ended.

I saw a tabloid today that said Kate is feuding with the queen and has moved out of the place. I don't remember Will and Kate ever living in the palace to start with. I think they've always had their own home or a London apartment in another Royal residence.

Chris only owns 400 acres. He farms with his family the rest of the acres. My husbands family does the same and if one brother is gone the other brother is able to take care of the farming. If there are no animals involved then there is really not that much farming right now. The land is frozen or too wet to work and will be for awhile longer. Other then working on equipment not much farming is going on up north. With animals you will need someone to take care of them but you can hire that done if you have to.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight's the night!

I expect Willow to be pretty good first out of the gate. I just read that her 'hobby' is taking different kinds of dance classes.

Hopefully we get some more wide shots of Carrie Ann and Julianne's gowns this season.

Tonight's the night!

I expect Willow to be pretty good first out of the gate. I just read that her 'hobby' is taking different kinds of dance classes.

Hopefully we get some more wide shots of Carrie Ann and Julianne's gowns this season.

Looking forward to it. I normally tape (yes, I am the last person in the world with a VCR) and play it back so I can skip the boring bits but for this first one I will actually watch it live.

I liked Erin's dress more than anything she wore last season. I also liked the dresses Carrie Ann and Julianne wore.

I was not vastly impressed by the dancing skills of any of them. Although most of the scores were fairly low I think some were higher than the dancing warranted.

Loved the yellow of Julianne's gown. I could never wear the deep cleavage like her and Carrie Ann. I have too much up top for it to not look tacky.

Erin's dress was okay. I wasn't crazy about the silver top and white bottom combination. Maybe if it had something else added to join them together.

I was underwhelmed by most the dancers. Nastia Liukin was one of them for me with Derek.

Michael Sam I was impressed by.

Rumer Willis, I liked. Will be interesting to see her do a Latin dance.

I thought Chris Soules was one of the best male "bachelors" to dance on the show.

Noah Galloway was touching to watch. That missing left knee explained a lot when compared to Amy Purdy who kept her knees.

Robert Herjavec looked younger than when he started on the Canadian Dragons' Den in 2006. Wonder if he's had work done now that he and his wife are separated. He was a better dancer than I expected, but Kim made it too busy for me with the other dancers.

Agree with everything already said. I liked Erin's, Julianne's and Carrie Ann's dresses. Some of the dancers were pretty good, considering it's week 1. The second cousin to Derrik and Julianne was good because of his past experience. So due to fairness, I like Rumer the best because she has absolutely no experience and did amazing.

Not a clue who would/should be voted out next week. It'll be interesting.

The dresses were just ok to me--I don't like the deep plunging necklines, like Julianne had, on anyone though. Just because you can wear something doesn't mean it looks good.

I thought the dancing was generally pretty good for a first night. The gymnast and Rumer Willis impressed, and several others did well also.

Although I think Willow did fine, really, to me, 14 is just too young for this competition. I wish they'd set an age limit of at least 16--18 would be better. Some dance moves and/or costumes just aren't very appropriate for the young teens, even though they do try to keep it toned down.

HI all!

I almost posted last night as I found the 1st few dances to be so exciting!

Erin's dress was pretty nice & I too loved the colour of Julianne's dress but not the plunge of it.

I think poor Keo might be headed home early again this season. Wasn't impressed with boobalicious Charlotte's dancing!:rolleyes:

Was surprised at how wooden Suzanne Somers was but she sure has a great body for her age.

Looking forward to this season as I am aware of a couple of the "Stars".

~ Jo ~ :)

I really liked Erin's dress. I was happy she finally wore a little bling and the silver/white combination was flattering on her.

Not a fan of yellow so I didn't like Julianne's dress but her hair looked prettier than it did last season. I couldn't tell because of the updo, but I think she may have grown it out a little.

It was interesting seeing Rumer as a grown woman. I think the last time I saw her, she was kind of an awkward teenager. Now she's very elegant and graceful. Her eyes look a lot like her mom's. I thought she was the best dancer of the night.

Never heard of Charlotte before but she reminded me too much of Anna Nicole Smith. Poor Keo. He's not going to stay long this season either.

Sharna has her work cut out for her. It's going to be really tough doing the choreography for Noah but they did beautifully together.

I wish I had Suzanne's thighs. :)

Not a fan of yellow so I didn't like Julianne's dress but her hair looked prettier than it did last season. I couldn't tell because of the updo, but I think she may have grown it out a little.

Looks like her hair is still pretty short in this article. I think I may try growing mine out to a bit longer than hers this summer, for a change.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/03/17/julianne-hough-dancing-with-the-stars-style-photo-diary-week-1/

I loved Julianne's dress, once I saw the entire thing. Yellow is the color this Spring - love it or hate it. I try to love it, almost bought a yellow Kia Soul last Sept but ended up with a white one. I can never fully commit to yellow so I guess that means I'm not a fan, lol.

Looks like her hair is still pretty short in this article. I think I may try growing mine out to a bit longer than hers this summer, for a change.

http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.com/2015/03/17/julianne-hough-dancing-with-the-stars-style-photo-diary-week-1/

Oh yeah, it is still pretty short. I really liked the loose braided look and the few long strands falling down. Very feminine.

Can't believe that I missed the first show.:o:( Will have to look for it online and it will be interesting to watch after the comments here. Now I know what to watch for and take note.:)

You can watch it "On Demand":)

I really liked Julianne's dress, if I were about 10-20 years younger, I'd wear that neckline!:D IMO, that's a very difficult color for most people to wear but I thought it looked good on her. Loved the back of the dress also!

Really surprised by Rumor's dancing, I thought she was amazing for the first night!

Sherri:)

Carrie Ann is blogging for Parade again this season.

At the end she has posted a small photo of Sadie Robertson visiting last week and I love what I can see of Sadie's dress. Wish I could find out what it was.

http://parade.com/384033/carrieanninaba/carrie-ann-inabas-dwts-blog-rumer-willis-rocks-premiere/