Can I carry on Diet Pepsi?

Pia1913

I believe they are currently charging 2.20 per pepsi. You could buy an adult soda package and they will serve you pepsi products at any bar or at meals. They give you an insulated beverage container to refill but I never had a problem getting one from a bartender in a regular glass. Or if you have the UBP under one of the current promotions it includes pepsi drinks in addition to the covered wine, cocktails, beer, etc.

[quote name='ColinIllinois']FYI: NCL is a Pepsi customer. They don't serve coke.[/QUOTE]

Amazing! This shows how much NCL experience I have. Every other cruise line is attached to the hip by Coke products.

I don't drink enough to warrant any kind of package, so I'll just bring my own because I prefer the 20 oz. bottles. Two of those are enough for me for a week. In between it's black coffee and wine. :D

[quote name='Pia1913']Amazing! This shows how much NCL experience I have. Every other cruise line is attached to the hip by Coke products.

I don't drink enough to warrant any kind of package, so I'll just bring my own because I prefer the 20 oz. bottles. Two of those are enough for me for a week. In between it's black coffee and wine. :D[/QUOTE]

Make sure they are in your carry on, otherwise you find you luggage going to the "naughty room" and then you making the delivery of you luggage to your room.:eek:

[quote name='Sand and Seas']I believe they are currently charging 2.20 per pepsi. You could buy an adult soda package and they will serve you pepsi products at any bar or at meals. They give you an[B][COLOR="Red"] insulated beverage container to refill[/COLOR][/B] but I never had a problem getting one from a bartender in a regular glass. Or if you have the UBP under one of the current promotions it includes pepsi drinks in addition to the covered wine, cocktails, beer, etc.[/QUOTE]

Can you tell me more about the insulated beverage container, we have the UDP and were planning on bringing our own insulated container on board, nothing worse than having your ice melted and drink diluted before you can finish it.

RedRover96

[quote name='rvsullivan']Make sure they are in your carry on, otherwise you find you luggage going to the "naughty room" and then you making the delivery of you luggage to your room.:eek:[/QUOTE]

Assuming you are at a port that allows beverages to be "checked" (there are two, I think, that do not). just put the bottles or cans in a duffle bag, and slap a luggage tag on it, or a porter will do it for you.

We drink only Diet Coke (figures that we end up on NCL, huh? ;) ) so we must "bring our own".

As long as they can easily ID it as non-alcoholic/etc., they'll just deliver it with your other luggage.
(If it's packed inside regular luggage, they don't want to go rummaging around in your belongings looking for "whatever turned up on the screening", and that makes sense.)

We also much prefer bottles, as one can screw the top back on, and have less risk of spilling.

GeezerCouple

FYI--
I read on some post here on CC that ship security opened every [B][COLOR="Red"]bottle[/COLOR][/B] of soft drink to make sure there was no alcohol. They said that cans were no problem because you can tell they had not been opened and refilled.

[quote name='pizzalady1']FYI--
I read on some post here on CC that ship security opened every [B][COLOR="Red"]bottle[/COLOR][/B] of soft drink to make sure there was no alcohol. They said that cans were no problem because you can tell they had not been opened and refilled.[/QUOTE]

All I know is that both times, none of our bottles had been tampered with, and were nice and fizzy when we opened them throughout our cruise.

IF they had taken one as a "sample" to test, well... we didn't actually count that the same number were there. (Most of the stores in Miami were sold out of Diet Coke when we were there, and we finally found one place that had only singles, so we just piled them in the bag, and cleaned out the remaining supply, much to the amazement of the little shop keeper (not little shopkeeper :) ).

I suppose we should have counted them all.
(But if someone needs a Diet Coke that badly, we'll share!)

GeezerCouple

We recently sailed on the Jewel and I took 12 oz. bottles of Diet Coke aboard and it was not tampered with as far as I could tell.

While standing in line at the gift shop to pick up the liquor we bought on board, I overheard the guy behind me tell someone that he puts vodka in an empty mouthwash bottle and adds blue coloring. I wonder how many people go to such lengths to smuggle booze on board.

[quote name='hawk1972']
While standing in line at the gift shop to pick up the liquor we bought on board, I overheard the guy behind me tell someone that he puts vodka in an empty mouthwash bottle and adds blue coloring. I wonder how many people go to such lengths to smuggle booze on board.[/QUOTE]

If you read the Carnival board on here---pretty many!!!

Here is the thread I saw:
[url]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2031671&highlight=opened+bottles[/url]

See posts 13 and 29 which relate to club soda and water, not coke or pepsi. That might make a difference. I would rather take cans and be "safe". Edited by pizzalady1

[quote name='rvsullivan']Make sure they are in your carry on, otherwise you find you luggage going to the "naughty room" and then you making the delivery of you luggage to your room.:eek:[/quote]

I pack soft drinks in my luggage virtually every cruise, and I cruise a lot, and have never been to the naughty room. Either very lucky or the naughty room nonsense is overblown.