Hilton Mid -Town

amcankid

Mid . . . of which town?

There are Hiltons in the middle of many towns (Boston, NYC, etc).

Both of those are very nice. B'fast is very expensive in NYC, so if you're paying a reasonable amount for included breakfast, go for it.

Hilton has a few properties in what is considered mid-town Manhattan. Hilton is a solid brand so I wouldn't worry.

No to mention the Hilton Garden inn's, Double Tree's and Hampton Inns all in the mid town area. I like the HGI on 8th ave and 50th st myself, close enough to everything but just far enough away to not be so crazy crowded.

Sorry Folks. I meant Hilton Garden Midtown in Manhattan. It's on Avenue of the Americas around 52nd street.

Based on the location, it sounds like the hotel you're talking about is the New York Hilton Midtown, not a Hilton Garden Inn.

It's a huge 2,000 room hotel in an excellent location and hosts a great number of conferences and conventions. You may be interested in reading about the hotel on oyster.com:

http://www.oyster.com/new-york-city/hotels/new-york-hilton-midtown/#food

1st time to NY. Arriving 2 days early for cruise out of Brooklyn. Have booked the Hampton Inn Manhattan/UN at 231 E. 43rd St. Price is quite a bit lower than other HI's in the city. Just wondering why? You know the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true......etc. Trip Adv gives good ratings tho.

What do you think?

Trip Advisor reviews are good. The lower price could be because of the its less central location two avenues east of Grand Central Station in a more residential area.

It is actually very central. Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, Central Park, 5th Ave all within walking distance. Price actually fluctuates a lot. It has lots of business and package tour travelers.

As for OP question for breakfast ... it is NYC .. lots of choice everywhere. I won't restrict myself to eat breakfast in the hotel unless you really like it.

I wrote a TripAdvisor report before. Just need to find it and will post the link here later.

1st time to NY. Arriving 2 days early for cruise out of Brooklyn. Have booked the Hampton Inn Manhattan/UN at 231 E. 43rd St. Price is quite a bit lower than other HI's in the city. Just wondering why? You know the old saying, if it sounds too good to be true......etc. Trip Adv gives good ratings tho.

What do you think?

Another good reason to stay here (along with the others already posted) is that getting over to Brooklyn will be easier because you won't have to deal with cross-town traffic, you are already close to the East River.