WowToVow sale getting old!

We booked a 10 day cruise in november 2014 for sailing in July 2015 and been following prices since. I was hoping to get a cheaper deal or a free soda package, meal package etc. And all i've been seeing is this WOW TO VOW deal! I look at NCL's website and see they have so much more to offer. Not sure if i should just cancel and go with NCL? Don't get me wrong, I love RCCL but they need to offer some better deals. Oh and I also heard this deal's been going on since last march! I don't get it? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree, about their sale....I booked 2 cruises, back in May....got a great price. Since then prices have gone way up...so don't expect them to drop any, so I'm content.

Since your cruise is in the summer months, I wouldn't expect them to drop any ( although, that had happen to me once).

Even if they offer some incentives, pretty sure they would up the cruise fare, to compensate. Just keep checking;)

We booked a 10 day cruise in november 2014 for sailing in July 2015 and been following prices since. I was hoping to get a cheaper deal or a free soda package, meal package etc. And all i've been seeing is this WOW TO VOW deal! I look at NCL's website and see they have so much more to offer. Not sure if i should just cancel and go with NCL? Don't get me wrong, I love RCCL but they need to offer some better deals. Oh and I also heard this deal's been going on since last march! I don't get it? Lol

I agree that the sales over the past several months haven't offered much in the way of discounts, but since you mentioned other perks besides price, you might try this...

I booked a couple of cruises online through RCI last May. Once I had the exact cabin I wanted at a price I was happy with, I called my TA and had them transfer the booking from RCI to the TA. The price and cabin stayed the same, but the promotion the TA was running allowed me to add a dinner for two at a specialty restaurant, a bottle of champagne in the cabin, and an extra $25 per person OBC. We will probably give the champagne to a neighboring cruiser because we get a drink package, but the other added perks are nice.

One caveat to watch for is whether the TA can transfer the booking at the original price or better. You don't want a surprise increase in price.

I know that not all TA's can offer this at all times, and the perks vary with time, but it's worth checking out. Good luck!

Edited by TheInnocentAge

NCL is looking better and better all the time with these constant fake sales that RCL has been running. We still like Royal, but until they get back to more transparent pricing we've been looking at other lines. We've already booked one vacation with another line, and it looks like we're getting ready to book another with NCL. Looks like they have some interesting ships with more outdoor dining and some good entertainment.

If all you care about is getting a better deal then go for it. Unless there's a problem with your booking, I'm not sure why people start a thread to complain about a cruise that they haven't even taken yet. Wasn't there anything that attracted you to the cruise you already booked?

I agree that the sales over the past several months haven't offered much in the way of discounts, but since you mentioned other perks besides price, you might try this...

I booked a couple of cruises online through RCI last May. Once I had the exact cabin I wanted at a price I was happy with, I called my TA and had them transfer the booking from RCI to the TA. The price and cabin stayed the same, but the promotion the TA was running allowed me to add a dinner for two at a specialty restaurant, a bottle of champagne in the cabin, and an extra $25 per person OBC. We will probably give the champagne to a neighboring cruiser because we get a drink package, but the other added perks are nice.

One caveat to watch for is whether the TA can transfer the booking at the original price or better. You don't want a surprise increase in price.

I know that not all TA's can offer this at all times, and the perks vary with time, but it's worth checking out. Good luck!

Cool. Something to think about. Will keep on looking.

Edited by Folk Singer

If all you care about is getting a better deal then go for it. Unless there's a problem with your booking, I'm not sure why people start a thread to complain about a cruise that they haven't even taken yet. Wasn't there anything that attracted you to the cruise you already booked?

Yes, there were many things I loved about the cruise I booked. For example, it's a 10 day cruise, it's leaving from the city I live in, it's a Freedom class and there's so much to do on the ship.. I can name so much more. However, what I'm clearly saying is, "their deals are getting old". And I'm sure the people who are frequent cruisers always know to look for better promotions the cruise has to offer in which they can take advantage of before the final payment. I'm not complaining about the cruise I booked, I'm complaining about RCCL offering THE SAME EXACT promotions for the past year. NCL is offering a choice of 4 free deals. I don't understand why Royal can't top that?

I've been monitoring NCL deals. They are very attractive considering I can get a 2 bedroom family suite for 6 for under $700pp. Something Royal can't even touch even when their prices were reasonable. I still love Royal though. :D

I agree, about their sale....I booked 2 cruises, back in May....got a great price. Since then prices have gone way up...so don't expect them to drop any, so I'm content.

Since your cruise is in the summer months, I wouldn't expect them to drop any ( although, that had happen to me once).

Even if they offer some incentives, pretty sure they would up the cruise fare, to compensate. Just keep checking;)

It is getting a little stale.

I'm also annoyed with the new pricing strategy. Used to be that you could look at the price estimates in the search screens and have a good idea of your final price. Not anymore. I had to go in to each itinerary I was interested in and do a simulated booking. Prices always came out way higher. And they are much higher than last time I was shopping for cruises (even with these "deals"). Seems to me they are jacking up the base prices, then offering deals to discount them a bit. Then they are throwing in things like OBC to ease the sting.

This is the first cruise I've booked where I've seriously considered another cruise line. I've got the RCI Visa with enough credit for a free cruise, so that was the reason I didn't.

I've been monitoring NCL deals. They are very attractive considering I can get a 2 bedroom family suite for 6 for under $700pp. Something Royal can't even touch even when their prices were reasonable. I still love Royal though. :D

Exactly! That's what I too have been noticing. This will be my 3rd cruise with ROYAL. We took an NCL cruise last year and wanted to go back to RCCL because of their service. NCL is great too but, we felt Royal had better and more polite service from their employees. I wish Royal would realize this.

We have no problem sailing on NCL. Its sad the way RCCL is manipulating their pricing structure. How bout just tell me the bottom line without all their cruises, not some sale where you have to do a math formula to figure it out. NCL is a nice product and since they seam to be more similar than different. Go with the best bang for your buck

then go back there. You won't be missed

I don't understand, as long as RCL keeps booking cruises at these prices why stop?

When WE stop booking at these ridiculous prices, RCL will change their sales, ................empty ships comes lower prices.

If you've never had a suite on NCL before you will love it. The suite privileges are extensive, butler service, treats delivered every afternoon, breakfast and lunch in Cagney's Steakhouse, gorgeous cabins, espresso machine in stateroom. The list goes on. We had an aft suite on our last NCL cruise and it was to die for. Do it. You can always sail Royal next time.

And i know you will be back on the ship using local time. :rolleyes:

We have no problem sailing on NCL. Its sad the way RCCL is manipulating their pricing structure. How bout just tell me the bottom line without all their cruises, not some sale where you have to do a math formula to figure it out. NCL is a nice product and since they seem to be more similar than different. Go with the best bang for your buck

NCL is looking better and better all the time with these constant fake sales that RCL has been running. We still like Royal, but until they get back to more transparent pricing we've been looking at other lines. We've already booked one vacation with another line, and it looks like we're getting ready to book another with NCL. Looks like they have some interesting ships with more outdoor dining and some good entertainment.

I agree. There are currently some outstanding deals on Norwegian Escape, NCL's next new ship that comes out later this year that includes an Ultimate Beverage Package as an option.

Royal's new pricing structure is starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth. It's almost like they're trying to make it so complicated as to deceive and make it harder for consumers to evaluate pricing.

This isn't even to mention the strange re-pricing of already booked cruises that their IT systems have been doing lately... c'mon RCI, get with it.

We also booked an NCL and Celebrity cruise as the perks were great. Last year we booked a couple of future RCCL cruises and got by one second person 1/2 price and got an excellent rate. I watch the rates and if a better deal rebook at the new rate. This works except after the cruise is paid in full. Not sure how it works if you purchase your cruise from an on-line TA. We book directly so we always have control of the booking.

If you've never had a suite on NCL before you will love it. The suite privileges are extensive, butler service, treats delivered every afternoon, breakfast and lunch in Cagney's Steakhouse, gorgeous cabins, espresso machine in stateroom. The list goes on. We had an aft suite on our last NCL cruise and it was to die for. Do it. You can always sail Royal next time.

Okay, you twisted my arm. Just booked NCL Dawn in a Deluxe Owner Suite with wife and 2 other friends at a rate I couldn't pass up due to 2-8 passenger sails free. And not to mention OBC, free Ultimate Drinks Package, and Ultimate Dining Package oh my! :D

I agree that the sales over the past several months haven't offered much in the way of discounts, but since you mentioned other perks besides price, you might try this... I booked a couple of cruises online through RCI last May. Once I had the exact cabin I wanted at a price I was happy with, I called my TA and had them transfer the booking from RCI to the TA. The price and cabin stayed the same, but the promotion the TA was running allowed me to add a dinner for two at a specialty restaurant, a bottle of champagne in the cabin, and an extra $25 per person OBC.

We do this all the time ... RCI has already populated my account with my TA's information.

All of this WOW stuff is simply a marketing ploy, designed to attract new cruisers, families and those folks who vacation infrequently. Our D+ loyalty perks are outstanding, and we've yet to come across a deal that would significantly improve the value of a Royal Caribbean cruise ... we're only two, don't book suites, and a few bucks either way is insignificant to us. Our benefits are also transferable to Celebrity, so we enjoy similar enhancements when sailing with X. We generally disregard the "sales," book what we believe to be reasonable for what we get, and rely on our TA to notify us of any price adjustments ... he's done very well for us over the years, so we can be assured that we're cruising the line we prefer for the best deal available.

We've tried NCL twice ... not particularly impressed, although we can understand why folks like the concept. It's always nice to have options.

Al