Ships photographer?

Gabby1162

Does anyone know if the ships photographer can take photos of you in a port? We will be on our honeymoon and would love professional photos done in one of the ports.

TIA

Denise

Are you saying that you want one to accompany you off the ship and with you while you tour the port?

Ship's photographers are often on ship's tours so I don't see why you couldn't make arrangements for them to take photos of you. You may have to do a ship's tour, though.

I have to laugh... a couple of weeks ago, I was on a Crown 4-day cruise which included Santa Barbara. I took the ship's trolley tour and the ship's photographer was on my trolley. First, she was late getting back to the trolley and held everyone up after we'd had a brief stop but then, she dropped her (huge and probably very expensive) camera off the side and onto the road. We had to stop while it was retrieved. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged but I'm guessing that from now on, she'll use a neck strap.

Yes not necessarily a group tour but more of walking around town or on a beach. I know sounds stupid huh

Denise

Not stupid. I think due to the fact that they are employed by Princess they would not be permitted to do a private shoot out in a port somewhere.

Liability would be the first thing that pops into my mind. Plus they have their regular duties as well. If they were to get hurt etc. Just my opinion though.

I would see the photo gallery manager while onboard and run it by him/her. ;)

I remember Ace doing that quite often.

Sent from my D2-927G using Forums mobile app

This is correct but in those days the ship's photographer had greater powers and also their own personal valet to launder and iron all their stuff. It was a much more important job back then. Can anyone remember the cruise where all the tables were removed from the main dining so that the Harlem Globetrotters could play an exhibition match against the crew. I think the ships photographer was in the team and sadly did not take any photographs. So they used to occasionally miss opportunities.

Lol John

Edited by john watson

Call Princess...it can't hurt, but I really don't think the folks who answer the phone at Princess are going to have a credible answer for this scenario.

I think it is very possible.

Point is, if you don't ask onboard, the answer will always be 'no'.

The photographers are usually at the end of the gangway when you get off in port. They are there until the bulk of the passengers are off. Then they normally accompany one of the ship tours and take photos there. I would go to see the photographer the day you board. Just before the muster drill could be a good time.

Or the manager might be able to let you know which excursions the photographer would be going on. This way you mightbe able to take the same one and work something out. Or he may know a crew member that would be willing to do take the pictures for you that is pretty good but not in the photo section. Never hurts to ask once onboard

On our last Eastern Med Cruise we had two of the Ship's photographers and one Video guy with our tour group to a very old Olive Oil Facility that had lots of very old trees. There were several side shots done by the photographers and portions of the video made it to the ship's CD of the cruise. It never hurts to ask. Of course lucking up on an excursion that is part of the Cruise Video is also neat.