Great Stirrup Cay- Cabana's

Fishymom

It's good to hear you're able to take the alcohol back on board - I'd consider using the credit for a 12 pack of beer, but there's no way just dh and I can drink that much in a day. I'll be glad to bring it back to the ship.

When do cabanas become available to book online? I just booked a July '16 cruise that stops in GSC and definitely want to book a small cabana. Do they tend to sell out quickly?

Thank you very much!

Hi, I am sailing in April 2016 on the Gem to Florida/Bahamas and I was able to book a small cabana on-line yesterday. The cost was $299. There is a very "small print" disclaimer that states prices vary by sail date.

• 1 year later...
There is plenty of shade but I have to admit having a bit of real estate all your own was nice (and we all managed to get sunburned in spite of having the cabana). The small cabanas are a little less than the large and I thought they were in a better spot. They have a refrigerator, storage cabinet, and a shower in the back to rinse off with (along with the table, chairs and loungers). It is my understanding that they don't sell them all online so you might want to check at the shore excursion desk as soon as you board.

The small cabanas are available on the shore excursions. I am still trying to find the menu, you need to order the food before you arrive

The small cabanas are available on the shore excursions. I am still trying to find the menu, you need to order the food before you arrive

As Fishymom said the menu will be in your cabin when you arrive. You make your choices and turn it in to ShorEx 24 hours before you get to GSC.

I'm confused. We're calling at GSC while on the Epic sailing 03 Dec, 2016. While the 2 of us have the UBP, does this apply to GSC drinks???? Also, I can't seem to justify $299 - $399 for a cabana! I can see paying $15-$20 for a clamshell and hopefully using the waiters (if there are any) for beer and drinks. Can anyone explain to me? Never been to GSC, (Disney castaway cay once) & want to do the full day at the beach. Please advise with ANY tips, rules, or suggestions. Thanks so much, fflashh :confused:

I'm confused. We're calling at GSC while on the Epic sailing 03 Dec, 2016. While the 2 of us have the UBP, does this apply to GSC drinks???? Also, I can't seem to justify $299 - $399 for a cabana! I can see paying $15-$20 for a clamshell and hopefully using the waiters (if there are any) for beer and drinks. Can anyone explain to me? Never been to GSC, (Disney castaway cay once) & want to do the full day at the beach. Please advise with ANY tips, rules, or suggestions. Thanks so much, fflashh :confused:

UBP works on GSC. Get a clamshell - if on Epic the lagoon side bar & buffet should be open. Much more relaxed & quieter over there.

• 2 weeks later...
When do cabanas become available to book online? I just booked a July '16 cruise that stops in GSC and definitely want to book a small cabana. Do they tend to sell out quickly?

Thank you very much!

There're available now, I booked two small cabanas for our group. Because we had 11, we couldn't get one large. It looks good, $50 good or drink voucher, 4 rafts, chaise lounge and tables and chairs, water and fruit platter with salsa and chips. Going on July 9, enjoy

There will be a menu in your room when you board. Then once completed you take it down to the shore excursion desk.

There was everything from chips and dip to shrimp cocktails & sushi

Is there anything suitable for vegetarians? Looking at a menu someone had posted earlier in this thread it was all meat or seafood :eek:

Is there anything suitable for vegetarians? Looking at a menu someone had posted earlier in this thread it was all meat or seafood :eek:

The fresh fruit platter is dairy-eating-vegetarian friendly (not for vegans as it has cottage cheese - on a separate plate, but still).

Also the charcuterie plate can probably be prepared for vegetarians just by leaving out prosciutto and capicola (and hopefully they will add more of other items to replace those).

• 2 months later...

We were on the 6/20 Sky sailing and were able to make it to GSC. Our group rented THREE LARGE cabanas. Totally worth it and the cost split amongst the cabins--doable. Worth every penny. It was everyone's first time to GSC and it was such an amazing day (can't say that about RCL's island, since we could see them get soaked with a torrential downpour from where we were sitting :eek: ). GSC and the cabanas was a definite highlight for this cruise. If and when we sail again--I wouldn't hesitate renting a cabana again--even the small ones just for my family. It was perfect. Service was outstanding!

We were on the 6/20 Sky sailing and were able to make it to GSC. Our group rented THREE LARGE cabanas. Totally worth it and the cost split amongst the cabins--doable. Worth every penny. It was everyone's first time to GSC and it was such an amazing day (can't say that about RCL's island, since we could see them get soaked with a torrential downpour from where we were sitting :eek: ). GSC and the cabanas was a definite highlight for this cruise. If and when we sail again--I wouldn't hesitate renting a cabana again--even the small ones just for my family. It was perfect. Service was outstanding!

Hi, what was the cost for the large cabana?

Hi, what was the cost for the large cabana?

Historically the cost has depended on the ship - higher for bigger ships and lower for smaller ships. So it's basically based on supply and demand.

Edited by Demonyte

UBP works on GSC. Get a clamshell - if on Epic the lagoon side bar & buffet should be open. Much more relaxed & quieter over there.

some other info:

- the clam shell is an "excursion" so you do get priority tender.

- get a clam shell that has a mesh panel. many of the clam shells are completely cloth so there is no air circulation and can get a little stuffy. getting one with a mesh panel allows air circulation. just ask the attendant and they will set it up for you

- check on board because the Lagoon may be under construction for the new accomodations

Historically the cost has depended on the ship - higher for bigger ships and lower for smaller ships. So it's basically based on supply and demand.

Hi, we will be on the Epic and it is not yet posted as an excursion. Do you know the normal cost of the Epic?

Thank you.

We were also on the Sky 6/20 sailing. Did not rent a cabana, but seriously considered it as we had a large group. The price was $299 for the large one. I can't recall what the small cabanas cost.