New York Times Crosswords ??

jjb415

It has been some time since I've sailed with Holland America. I'm wondering if the daily New York Times Crossword is still available aboard HAL ships. Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by jjb415

You can pick up a Times Digest at the Front Desk, Library, dining room if you go there for breakfast, and Lido (until they run out), daily (it's no longer delivered to every cabin automatically).

The crossword puzzle is near the back of the newspaper (p.6, I think).

DH and I enjoy "dueling crosswords" so we prefer two copies of the Times Digest. It is a traditional part of our sea day routine.

On the Amsterdam in the fall, and again on the Amsterdam holiday cruise we requested that two copies of the Times Digest be delivered to our cabin. They arrived by 8 am every morning.

I do not know if the delivery is just a Grand Voyage perk (though the holiday cruise was not a Grand Voyage) or just something they do on the Amsterdam.

You can always ask.

DH and I enjoy "dueling crosswords" so we prefer two copies of the Times Digest. It is a traditional part of our sea day routine.

On the Amsterdam in the fall, and again on the Amsterdam holiday cruise we requested that two copies of the Times Digest be delivered to our cabin. They arrived by 8 am every morning.

I do not know if the delivery is just a Grand Voyage perk (though the holiday cruise was not a Grand Voyage) or just something they do on the Amsterdam.

You can always ask.

Someone always put one in mailbox for DH each morning. I never did know if it was concierge or who but he appreciated it.

We often see 2 puzzles available: 1 in the daily program (NY Times) and 1 as a separate entity found in the library along with suduko puzzles each day. Do love the puzzles with my morning coffee so bring some from a book of Sunday NY Times puzzles as often get up earlier than the paper is available in the Lido.

Edited by take us away

We also bring both a Crossword puzzle book & a suduko puzzle book with us..

I enjoy reading while DH enjoys doing the puzzles.. When we were on our 68day cruise on the Prinsendam, I checked so many books out of the library, that the Librarian got to know my name & cabin No. automatically without my telling her..:eek:

I will have to make sure my DH and I check for the Times when we are in the Westerdam in 4 weeks. I know he will enjoy that. I remember getting a daily trivia quiz each day of our Veendam cruise...does anyone know if that is also always available? I am looking forward to doing that again...

remember getting a daily trivia quiz each day of our Veendam cruise...does anyone know if that is also always available? I am looking forward to doing that again...

That is available in the library only, but every day, too.

Good luck! Some of those questions are hard!

That is available in the library only, but every day, too.

Good luck! Some of those questions are hard!

I know!! I was determined to try and get mine 'posted' as the best of the day, and managed once! Of course, I have no idea how many were actually playing, but it was neat to see it posted.

Crazy how such a simple activity could add such fun to my vacation. Its something my husband and I actually talked about looking forward to though once we settled on HAL for our upcoming trip.