Diamond Princess - questions

Thinking of booking this ship for a cruise in Dec/Jan. As I have only cruised with RCI previously and know next to nothing about this ship, I have a couple of questions:

Does she have an indoor solarium like the Rhapsody?

Do they show movies at all during the day? (not referring to the cabin)

Is there an onboard library?

Is there much variety in the main night-time entertainment?

Any suggestions re a balcony cabin. Will be wanting to book a mid ship location hopefully on a quiet deck.

Its likely I will be doing this one solo - do they offer any meet ups for solo cruisers?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Yes, I know I could have posted on the Princess forum but I figured Princess is popular with the regular Aussies who post on this forum so you might be able to answer my questions.

Edited by aussielozzie18

Thinking of booking this ship for a cruise in Dec/Jan. As I have only cruised with RCI previously and know next to nothing about this ship, I have a couple of questions:

Any suggestions re a balcony cabin. Will be wanting to book a mid ship location hopefully on a quiet deck.

Its likely I will be doing this one solo - do they offer any meet ups for solo cruisers?

Thanks in advance for your replies. Yes, I know I could have posted on the Princess forum but I figured Princess is popular with the regular Aussies who post on this forum so you might be able to answer my questions.

I haven't been on Diamond yet, got one coming up and have been on numerous other Princess ships.

Solarium I don't know but a quick sqiz at the Deck plans should answer that.

There are usually some movies during sea days and of course MUTS

Yes to the library

Pretty sure on the one I've got a hold on is C500 or there abouts, midship between accommodation decks

Hi,

i was on the Diamond for Christmas.

- the middle pool was covered

- movies shown on muts sometimes during the day. This was out by one of the uncovered pools. Movies in your room are on demand so you can watch those whenever.

-there is an onboard library and they had quite a range of books

-entertainment we found very dull and "clublike". Totally zzzzzzzz

-there were meet ups for solo cruisers but I have no idea how many turned up.

Hope this helps :)

Yes she does have an indoor pool next to the horizon Court. There are some tables and chairs in this area set up with knives and forks. At lunch time they may set up tables with a themed buffet (for example Asian soups or Italian)

They do show movies during the day. They are at muts on the big outdoor screen and in the Princess theatre at around 2pm even on port days. The movies once screened in the theatre are then available from that night to watch anytime on the TV in your cabin.

There is a library on the bottom public deck area near the international cafe just go down the stairs in the atrium. They have sodoku and other puzzle sheets that you can take set out each day. There are lovely comfy arm chairs in the library.

Sorry I had not had the pleasure of a balcony cabin so can not help you there. You should be right though if there are cabins above you.

I'm sure someone else can help you out with the nightime entertainment as we tend to just stick to the shows in the Explorers and PT. There will be of course be some type of deck party which is well attended.

There will be a solo get together keep an eye on the Princess Patter for the time and venue.

Happy cruising

Karryl

Yes

sometimes

yes

worst aspect of Princess is their entertainment and nightlife in my opinion.

To avoid noise look at the deck plan. Perhaps avoid Aloha as the pools are above. also check to make sure you're not above a lounge where the band plays ect. The Caribe and Baja decks are quiet and out of the two Caribe has bigger balconies.

I have seen many notices in the patter for solo get togethers. :)

I love princess but I wish they would update and improve there entertainment.

Edited by silverwillow