GSC and photo id

Gershep

As stated just your cabin key (which you will use on island for purchases except for in the straw market). Also if you have a cabana and buy a bottle of liquor with your food and beverage credit you may bring the unused portion back onboard with you:).

Do you need to show photo ID (driver's license) when you leave the ship to tender back and forth at GSC?

You NEVER have to show photo ID to get off or back on the ship. The photo ID is required in some ports by port security to reenter the port itself.

No, your ship card has your photo imbedded and is all you need for GSC. You swipe on and off the ship every time so they can account for everyone. No picture ID required.

I know this is splitting hairs but the photo is not embedded in the card, it is in the database that is stored in the computers on the ship. You do swipe your card and the photo is displayed at security but it is not from the card itself, which just has an account number embedded.

Edited by zqvol

You NEVER have to show photo ID to get off or back on the ship. The photo ID is required in some ports by port security to reenter the port itself.

I know this is splitting hairs but the photo is not embedded in the card, it is in the database that is stored in the computers on the ship. You do swipe your card and the photo is displayed at security but it is not from the card itself, which just has an account number embedded.

AGREE - and only some ports do this. We of course always take something anyways.

Thank you all. I remember having to show it in port on one of our cruises but can't remember where. Does anyone know if you need it in Nassau?

Yes, the local officials check IDs in Nassau before letting anybody from the terminal building to the dock area.

Although I've never been asked to show one when reboarding, I recall always being advised to carry a separate ID when going ashore.

Saying you "Never" need one is not wise advice.

Please listen to your Cruise Director and review your daily newsletter.

David