CAPE LIBERTY 411 (and NYC too) Version 4!!

megr1125

Hi Carol. How was Robert treat ? I book ed a room for more cruise in February. Also how far from hotel to port ? There are four in my group I was thinking uber would be best way to get there. Do you know ballpark pricing on any transportation ? Thank you.

How are you and your group getting to and from upstate NY to Newark? Are you sharing a room?

How are you and your group getting to and from upstate NY to Newark? Are you sharing a room?

Hi Carol,

We are driving a rental car. I'm thinking now of doing Trinity reservations. you can't beat the room, and transfers and then parking at the ramada for a little over $200. I've heard good reviews on their shuttle service.

but then again we will want to get on the road as soon as possible, we all have school and work the day after cruise. however, I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money to park at the port. I have a reservation at Hampton inn that can be cancelled. Trinity I'm waiting on because you have to pay in advance.. We are having a snow day today so i'm on the computer doing my research.

What do you think?

Hi Carol,

We are driving a rental car. I'm thinking now of doing Trinity reservations. you can't beat the room, and transfers and then parking at the ramada for a little over $200. I've heard good reviews on their shuttle service.

but then again we will want to get on the road as soon as possible, we all have school and work the day after cruise. however, I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money to park at the port. I have a reservation at Hampton inn that can be cancelled. Trinity I'm waiting on because you have to pay in advance.. We are having a snow day today so i'm on the computer doing my research.

What do you think?

You're on a 7 day cruise. Parking at the port would be $140. I'm seeing the Hampton Inn on Last Minute Travel for $98 + tax. They charge $15 parking but you get free breakfast for everyone.

You have a long drive home. It may be worth the extra money to self disembark early, hop in the car, and head home. If you arrive early at the port, your car will be in the covered garage, so no potential ice or snow removal will be required.

Are you renting the car for the week? Trinity has blocked out a certain number of rooms at the Ramada and once they are gone, they are gone. Yes, you have to prepay, but there is a very reasonable cancellation policy.

Hi Carol,

First, Thank you for being so responsive, you seem to be very knowledgeable :) I think I will stick with Hampton Inn and park at the port. You're absolutely correct, we will want to get off ship as soon as we can and head home, it's worth it for the convenience.

I forget, have you sailed on Anthem before?

Thanks again ... Karen

Hi Carol,

First, Thank you for being so responsive, you seem to be very knowledgeable :) I think I will stick with Hampton Inn and park at the port. You're absolutely correct, we will want to get off ship as soon as we can and head home, it's worth it for the convenience.

I forget, have you sailed on Anthem before?

Thanks again ... Karen

I have sailed Quantum and Anthem. I'm going again in Feb the week before your cruise.

I'm on a 12 day cruise and am doing the Trinity Package because the port parking plus a hotel would be way more.

We will be debarking in Cape Liberty from a TA on Vision on Thursday, 9/7/17. We are currently looking at booking our return flight back to Tampa from EWR. The flight we would like to book departs EWR at 2:20 PM. I am thinking that this should give us enough time to clear customs following the TA and get to the airport a bit early. We're now looking into the transportation options that are available at the port to get us to the airport. Any help with transportation options would be greatly appreciated as this will be our first time debarking from Cape Liberty.

We will be debarking in Cape Liberty from a TA on Vision on Thursday, 9/7/17. We are currently looking at booking our return flight back to Tampa from EWR. The flight we would like to book departs EWR at 2:20 PM. I am thinking that this should give us enough time to clear customs following the TA and get to the airport a bit early. We're now looking into the transportation options that are available at the port to get us to the airport. Any help with transportation options would be greatly appreciated as this will be our first time debarking from Cape Liberty.

A 2:20 flight should be fine.

Your transportation options are cruise transfer ($28.50/pp), shuttle transfer from the taxi dispatcher for $28.50/pp, or car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo for $55-65 (look for online coupons).

You have a couple of options. You can get a transfer onboard, or you can get a shared van right at the port for about $27 per. I believe the transfer form RCCL may be a few dollars more. I do not know if they handle the luggage for you. A 2:20 flight is plenty of time.

A 2:20 flight should be fine.

Your transportation options are cruise transfer ($28.50/pp), shuttle transfer from the taxi dispatcher for $28.50/pp, or car service like Dial7 or Carmellimo for $55-65 (look for online coupons).

Thank you for the help. We've used Carmel several times for our visits to Manhattan . I didn't even think about booking them for our transportation to EWR. I think we'll book with them since we've found them to be reliable.

Do you see any issues with making a 2:20 PM flight following a TA?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the help. We've used Carmel several times for our visits to Manhattan . I didn't even think about booking them for our transportation to EWR. I think we'll book with them since we've found them to be reliable.

Do you see any issues with making a 2:20 PM flight following a TA?

If the ship is on time, it should not be an issue. However, this is a unique cruise coming in from Newfoundland, so it doesn't have a track record.

If the ship is on time, it should not be an issue. However, this is a unique cruise coming in from Newfoundland, so it doesn't have a track record.

My thought too. I think that's why I'm still a bit hesitant to book the flight. There's been a few returning TA's that have had problems over the past few years.

My thought too. I think that's why I'm still a bit hesitant to book the flight. There's been a few returning TA's that have had problems over the past few years.

Cover yourself with cruise insurance that covers the possibility of missing the flight. The ship is scheduled in at 6 am.

Cover yourself with cruise insurance that covers the possibility of missing the flight. The ship is scheduled in at 6 am.

We always have insurance when we travel. Worth the cost for peace of mind.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We are planning to take Amtrak from Atlanta, and I am not sure what our destination should be, to end up at a hotel near the port. I started searching this thread, and I think I am reading that New Your Penn Station is a completely different place than Penn Station near the port, that people are referring to.

Also, we are going on the Anthem, and I want to be sure that a balcony on the Port side is what I want, to see the Statue of Liberty, and New York sky line, is that correct?

Thank you for any help with these questions!

Kathy

We are planning to take Amtrak from Atlanta, and I am not sure what our destination should be, to end up at a hotel near the port. I started searching this thread, and I think I am reading that New Your Penn Station is a completely different place than Penn Station near the port, that people are referring to.

Also, we are going on the Anthem, and I want to be sure that a balcony on the Port side is what I want, to see the Statue of Liberty, and New York sky line, is that correct?

Thank you for any help with these questions!

Kathy

What exact date are you doing this? Two people? Hotel budget?

It appears that the Amtrak Crescent stops at Newark Penn Station and not at Newark International Airport. Therefore, it makes sense to stay at a hotel in downtown Newark like the Newark Penn Station Hilton. Cab or car service to Cape Liberty the next morning should run $55-65.

When the boat is docked at Cape Liberty, the port side has a distant view of the SOL and the skyline. It's doubtful that the ship will get any closer on sailaway.

Edited by 138east

Thank you! If not for this thread, we would have ended up in NY Penn station!

We are arriving March 25th, for the cruise on the 26th. Hotel budget under $150.00.

If you register for Hilton Honors, you can get the Hilton Penn Station for $143 plus tax. It is connected to Newark Penn Station by a skywalk. A more budget hotel would be the Robert Treat Hotel, which has a shuttle that will pick up at Penn Station. However, you might have to wait for the shuttle to come. A cab to the Robert Treat would be under $10. I have stayed at this hotel and it offers free wifi and free breakfast.

Can you manage your luggage? Newark Penn Station should have red cap service.

Hi Carol

We could use your advice. We (4 adults) are staying in early Feb. at the Ramada Plaza Newark which we booked thru Trinity. We are coming by car from NE Ohio an extra day early to allow for weather and to would like to visit the SOL and go into NYC.

How would be the best way to go from Ramada Plaza to Liberty State Park to catch the ferry to Ellis Island? We plan on taking the ferry after touring Ellis Island/SOL to Battery Park and going to the 9/11 Memorial and touring the City. We would like to return by taking the subway/PATH from New York Penn Station to the Ramada Plaza. The hotel has a free shuttle from EWR to the hotel. Should we take PATH from NY Penn Station to EWR? Your advice we would be most welcome. Thanks.