cove balcony yay or nah

My search tool wont work on my tablet so i cant find search for what i want to know. We are looking at the dream and can upgrade to a cove balcony from an ocean view for less than $100. Any thoughts on the cove balcony. Weve never stayed in one so any info would be great. Thanks for any thoughts.

I have never been on a cove balcony but I did a TON of research and went with a cove balcony on the Dream in April. Most things I read said they preferred a cove to a regular balcony. You are closer to the water and it is apparently quite the experience. For only $100, I would take that upgrade! It is worth it to try once!

For me way to low on the ship, too close to the water if in bad weather they will close the balcony off on you and if not, you get wet....Sometimes I say people say the "love" cove balconies because they are definitely cheaper, there is a reason why they cost less than regular balconies, my advice, you get what you pay for. I also don't want to be enclosed in the balcony and feel like I am sitting in a metal shield, I like having the glass all the way down to the floor, sit and have nothing in my way to my view.

We had a cove on the dream. I was a little worried about the enclosed feeling and being so close to the water. We loved it. If you have the dock side balcony, you can almost here conversations on the dock and find out about runners. It did not feel enclosed at all. I wouldnd not hesitate to book another cove.

Loved, Loved, loved ours! We had no issues with it getting closed off or wet. We had 2288. Very quiet room. It was like having an ocean front room. We saw Dolphins from ours. Planning on a Breeze b2b next year and still trying to decide on an aft extended or cove. Probably gonna be the cove.

My very first Balcony was a cove on the dream...I loved it. To me, it is so much better than a regular balcony. More private, closer to the water. The only downside is when there is bad weather (which I didn't experience, but saw videos) or when they are painting it $ you can go outside (that happened). I would say go for it!

We have had a regular balcony (actually Spa) and a cove balcony on the Dream. We actually preferred the regular balcony higher on the ship. The cove was very enclosed and didn't seem as large. We had guest in the next cabin and it wasn't easy to talk to them between balconies like it would be with a regular balcony.

We absolutely LOVE the cove balcony. We like it more than the regular. I like that when you are out there it blocks the wind. You can even sit glasses or cans around the edge and they never move or fall over. :p

It's also great if it rains. I also feel like they are more secluded. :D

I wonder, if the cove balcony was more money than regular balconies, the people that love the cove would they spend more money for it?

It would depend on the cost of course, but assuming it wasn't ridiculous we would pay more for the cove balcony! I specifically try to cruise on the ships that have them if at all possible!

We love being close to the water and having a bit of spray from the ocean in rough water is a blast!!

We've never had them close off the balcony but since the OP is currently booked in an OV it would still be better to have the cove balcony even if you lose it for a day!

ldarcy

Coves are amazing. I won't cruise in a reg balcony. I've always done the aft extended as the reg ones are quite shallow, but I visited a cove on our last cruise and we are sold. Next cruise on the Dream class will be in a cove.

Does it matter which deck? I've been wondering what they look like. I am hoping there is one on our Cabin Crawl next cruise.

That's a great deal, I'd go for it!! Our first cruise was an inside and the following a balcony. Before the balcony when I read comments from cruisers like, "I'm never going back from a balcony." etc, etc. I just thought they were just exaggerating. But NO, after that second cruise, the balcony really is an amazing feature to enjoy. Your own private view to easily step out on whenever you want. Just make sure it's located in a good area (not under the galley, for example) and you will not regret the decision to switch!

For me way to low on the ship, too close to the water if in bad weather they will close the balcony off on you and if not, you get wet....Sometimes I say people say the "love" cove balconies because they are definitely cheaper, there is a reason why they cost less than regular balconies, my advice, you get what you pay for. I also don't want to be enclosed in the balcony and feel like I am sitting in a metal shield, I like having the glass all the way down to the floor, sit and have nothing in my way to my view.

I am with you. Too low on the ship. They also seem to be too closed in, 'like being in a metal shed'. I want that open feeling with a regular balcony.

I know most people to really like them, but I am not sold on them yet. Most also appear to under the life boats, yuck!

That's a great deal, I'd go for it!! Our first cruise was an inside and the following a balcony. Before the balcony when I read comments from cruisers like, "I'm never going back from a balcony." etc, etc. I just thought they were just exaggerating. But NO, after that second cruise, the balcony really is an amazing feature to enjoy. Your own private view to easily step out on whenever you want. Just make sure it's located in a good area (not under the galley, for example) and you will not regret the decision to switch!

Our first cruise was in an OV room, though our second was a balcony and we have pretty much been in balconies ever since. Our next three cruises will be in inside cabins. We will have to see how that goes. Two of them are porthole, so we will at least have a little sliver of light to know what time of day it is. Kinda seems like a downgrade, but since we have never sailed in an inside, we don't know until we try it.

Our first cruise was in an OV room, though our second was a balcony and we have pretty much been in balconies ever since. Our next three cruises will be in inside cabins. We will have to see how that goes. Two of them are porthole, so we will at least have a little sliver of light to know what time of day it is. Kinda seems like a downgrade, but since we have never sailed in an inside, we don't know until we try it.

The port hole cabins are those what is considered upper/lower I'm confused.

Nissach, that is exactly what I wanted to say but held back to be nice but your correct, its like being in a metal shed.

They are cheaper than a regular balcony that says it all, its like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.

For me, I rather just have an ocean view room rather than the cove balcony, you get less light also in the room having the cove balcony, but mostly, its way too low for me to want a room, neverless a balcony room.