PRINCESS PRATTLE - Buying and Using Future Cruise Letters/Deposits

We like to buy some FCD's onboard to use for cruise bookings when we return home.

My question: How many times can you change your mind about a cruise, cancel and book an alternative cruise. Do you lose OBC's when you do this?

I bought a FCC over 2 years ago with OBC. Had to cancel for health reasons but I rebooked last Easter, was allowed to use it again and did not lose my FCC with OBC for my cruise soon. I also did not lose my second FCC which I can use up until next May, but I may book another cruise when I am on board, or else get my money back when I return.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can cancel only once.

I'm interested to know also. I have cancelled one only once and rebooked without a problem.

I was under the impression we could do it as often as we want and also if we had not applied it to a cruise after 4 years it would just be credited back to our credit card.

I'm interested to know also. I have cancelled one only once and rebooked without a problem.

I was under the impression we could do it as often as we want and also if we had not applied it to a cruise after 4 years it would just be credited back to our credit card.

I think they changed the time limit to 2 years. My understanding is that you can make one change on the future cruise deposit while retaining the OBC. I doubt that you can repeat the process.

I think they changed the time limit to 2 years. My understanding is that you can make one change on the future cruise deposit while retaining the OBC. I doubt that you can repeat the process.

I think this is correct. I'll let you when the verdict is out, as it would be handy to know.

We are looking forward to getting more FCC when aboard later this year, we found they are great value and very easy to use compared to some other cruise lines.. I think the only issue is that they are now only 2 years instead of 4.

yes they are good for 2 years but they can be extended if you contact Captains Circle

In the past, an FCC that was used on a booking which was later cancelled was put back in your account to be used on another cruise. I believe you could do this twice and then the FCC cost was automatically refunded and you lost out on the OBC. But at no time did you lose the cost of the FCC.

I found this post on the main Princess board (dated 7.2.13)

Edited by Kinkacruiser

In the past, an FCC that was used on a booking which was later cancelled was put back in your account to be used on another cruise. I believe you could do this twice and then the FCC cost was automatically refunded and you lost out on the OBC. But at no time did you lose the cost of the FCC.

I found this post on the main Princess board (dated 7.2.13)

That is similar to what I was told in that the FCC cost was returned to your account if not used. They didn't elaborate on the cancelling bit though. Either way, I think they are better value than some other cruise lines where there is no refund when they expire.:(

We used our FCC after it had expired but Princess had no problems in renewing it although it was only 6 weeks expired

We do have trouble though getting the $100 deposit honoured by the travel agents. We have tried 3 TAs who will not take on $100 deposits and set their own amount usually about $400 each. The TAs claim they are being generous asking for $400 deposits as they usually charge more than that

There are so many variations out there with TAs not only on this issue but with other issues with cruising

John

We used our FCC after it had expired but Princess had no problems in renewing it although it was only 6 weeks expired

We do have trouble though getting the $100 deposit honoured by the travel agents. We have tried 3 TAs who will not take on $100 deposits and set their own amount usually about $400 each. The TAs claim they are being generous asking for $400 deposits as they usually charge more than that

There are so many variations out there with TAs not only on this issue but with other issues with cruising

John

There are TAs out there that will take them as we have used them, I cannot say who we used here but if interested email me (in my sig block).:D

John

I used the Captain and also their cruise arm and have had no problems using just the FCC for the deposit.

John

I've never had a TA that wouldn't take one. I think the reason why they want their hefty deposits is so they can get their commission cut earlier rather than final payment date (not 100% sure on that though). So even if you cancel, they take the deposit and they don't miss out on the commission.

Edited by icat2000

I've never had a TA that wouldn't take one. I think the reason why they want their hefty deposits is so they can get their commission cut earlier rather than final payment date (not 100% sure on that though). So even if you cancel, they take the deposit and they don't miss out on the commission.

You may be right, luckily it is not all of them.:D

I have 2 that l have not been able to use...because of RCI promotions...they are not combinable other than C&A discounts and Savings certificates...so we can't use them while there are any Promotions or Offers. Somewhat disappointing.:mad:

Better to cruise with Princess then ;)