We Have Sailed Our Final Cruise

kakalina

My Condolences to you.

Maybe a last «physical» cruise but probably not the latest «spiritual» one.

That's some of the beauty of Life. > To be able to keep contact with our love ones just by the power of thought.

Holacanada

Edited by holacanada

I can not begin to tell you how much your love, prayers and support mean to me. Virgil and I pretty much just had each other, but our cruising friends far flung as they may be meant so much to him. He always left most of the posting up to me but he loved hearing the comments.

Thank you, each and every one of you, most sincerely.

I can not begin to tell you how much your love, prayers and support mean to me. Virgil and I pretty much just had each other, but our cruising friends far flung as they may be meant so much to him. He always left most of the posting up to me but he loved hearing the comments.

Thank you, each and every one of you, most sincerely.

You have been on my mind so much today, and in my prayers. We lost our 60 year old son last month to pancreatic cancer and even though we had six months to prepare for him leaving us, his death was still a shock. I cannot imagine how much of a shock Virgil's death was for you since you had so little time to absorb how sick he was.

I see how much at a loss our daughter-in-law is and I cannot but help think of you and I wonder how you are doing. I am glad you have your HAL friends to support you. I hope some friends live close enough to you to be physically with you during these first rough days.

My prayers are with you. May The Lord hold you close.

Mary Kay in NM

Trisha,

I have been hanging around here for years, reading, posting a little, mostly enjoying reading about the great trips so many have planned and enjoyed. I always got a kick of your photos (when you had posted them) because of the huge, engaging smile always on Virgil's face. I thought you 2 would be so much fun to travel with....

I'm so very sorry for your profound loss. God Bless.

Dear Trisha -

My most sincere and heartfelt condolences. May you feel his warm embrace in every evening wind, hear his laughter in every roaring ocean wave, and see his smile in every passing cloud to give you comfort.

J

(If I can ever do anything at all - please never hesitate to reach out.)

If any of you would care to leave a memorial message for Virgil, here is the hyperlink to a place set up by the funeral home. It will be something I can keep forever.

Thank you all once again.

http://affordablecremationaz.com/obituaries/virgil-carter/#comment-1081

Thank you for giving us a chance to express our thoughts. I wish we could be there for Virgil's services in person to honor him. We will be there in spirit and thought.

Yes Colleen it does. We have always felt so comfortable here with our cruising friends. CC had become a "cruise away from a cruise ship" for us. Here we met and discussed and sometimes argued with those who shared the love we had for adventure and cruising.

You have all been so supportive and so comforting that I just can't find the words to express it. ( And most of you know I am rarely at a loss for words)

It may be a long while before I feel like cruising again but I will always follow along here and offer what knowledge I have and share my love for cruising with others.

Thank you all.

I am so very sorry for your loss. When the time is right, I hope you will visit us here on the boards again and offer your wise advice and share your knowledge of cruising for those of us who always need help!

When the days seem long and lonely, and there is no one around to comfort you, remember that all of us are only a "post" away. Cyber hugs are better than no hugs.

You are in my prayers.

Barb

Dear Trisha,

I have followed your posts for years and have appreciated your advise. I know how you and Virgil enjoyed cruising to Hawaii. I used to love your avatar photo of the two of you.

I am sorry for your loss and know your sadness. You are in my thoughts.

At 11:15 p.m. on Tues Feb. 10th my beloved Virgil passed away. He did not go quietly into that dark night, but he did indeed go.

He went on this last adventure without me, but never fear, I will catch up with him later.

Thanks to each and every one of you for all your warm wishes, prayers and support.

Trisha

My heart goes out to you Anne

• 1 month later...