$25.00 Rooms at International Palms Hotel Cocoa Beach

Mscruisin

Just saw a special on their website for Deluxe Rooms at $25.00. Regular price is $175.00. Is this a glitch and if I book it do you think they would honor the price? Has anyone had experience with this hotel? Thanks in advance!

Looking at the reviews on TA, MANY of them are bad....and some of course, give it a great rating..

The reviews are all over the place...I'd suggest sticking with one of the major chains...

Edited by megr1125

Also, check the Bed Bug Registry (google it). Of the hotels we were researching, this was the only one that was on the registry with a bad review! Scary!

We got the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront for $104/nt for 2 nts., 3 rooms for April 3rd thru the 5th on Priceline. International Palms is rated a 2.5 star on PL, so if you're looking for a 3 star, this one won't pull into the mix.

If you do stay there, please come back and post an update, assuming you are not eaten by bed bugs in your sleep.

I would have to imagine there is a very good reason the rooms are that cheap, and the reason is probably not good.

If you do stay there, please come back and post an update, assuming you are not eaten by bed bugs in your sleep.

I would have to imagine there is a very good reason the rooms are that cheap, and the reason is probably not good.

I figured that. Just looked at the reports of bed bugs and definitely will not stay here. Not even if the room was free.

is there a date on those reports?

this is an older property, the former Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach, bought by Internationa Palms several years ago. It has been under constant renovation since; and I mean buildings GUTTED and redone ... this is a LARGE property ... also one of the few hotels in the Cocoa area that is RIGHT ON the beach .... most of that land is condos'

I've never stayed in a room (I live here) but I attend a BIG car show that uses this place as their home base. They get a BUNCH of car folks staying here with NO complaints (other wise they'd find a new venue.)

So if this place is OK, why the low price? It is much farther from the port than many folks want to stay . . . and it IS an older property.

But here's some pictures I took of the pool area last year during the car show

102_0060_zpsb2778888.jpg

102_0063_zps5303e637.jpg

102_0061_zpsffd903b2.jpg

there are several on site eating and drinking places as well as direct beach access, and other eating choices with walking distance. I'm sure the 'cheap' rooms are older style basic hotel rooms but don't discount this place. They also have loft suites .... IMO one of the hidden gems in Cocoa Beach.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Also, check the Bed Bug Registry (google it). Of the hotels we were researching, this was the only one that was on the registry with a bad review! Scary!

We got the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront for $104/nt for 2 nts., 3 rooms for April 3rd thru the 5th on Priceline. International Palms is rated a 2.5 star on PL, so if you're looking for a 3 star, this one won't pull into the mix.

You got an ocean FRONT room for 104 at the Hilton? I just checked and the rate was $160??

Just checked your dates on PL - Express Deals, and a 3 star for Cocoa Beach, it's $134. I'm pretty sure this is the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, since the description is the same as when we booked. However, even if it isn't, there are only 3- 3* hotels for this area on PL - Hilton, Doubletree, and Sheraton Four Points. When we booked, we really wanted the Sheraton Four Points, but we're perfectly happy with the Hilton! If you use HW, the International Palms is rated a 3*, so you run the risk of getting that hotel . . . that's a risk we weren't willing to take!

Good Luck with your search!

• 6 months later...

If you look at the bed bug registry there are also reports of bed bugs at Hilton Cocoa Beach 9/9/2015 and 2/3/2015. There are also reports of bed bugs at Double Tree, LaQuinta, Holiday Inn, Courtyard and Comfort Inn in Cocoa Beach. Just because a place has low rates doesn`t mean it has bed bugs.

Our 18U Baseball team stayed at the international Palms Cocoa beach for 8 days in March 2015.

The location is fantastic. We would return from ball and be on the beach right after changing. The pool is big, there is a big nice hot tub, plus a kiddie pool. There is a basketball court, volleyball court , tennis court, and various other outside games (equipment can be signed out for no charge).

The motel rooms themselves are mostly outside walkways and stairways, and, for the most part, "Motel 6" type equivalent interiors. If you are looking for a great location for a good value, and don't need plush surroundings, this is a good spot for you. I would return in a heartbeat. In fact, our team is looking to return for spring break 2016.

Don

Just saw a special on their website for Deluxe Rooms at $25.00. Regular price is $175.00. Is this a glitch and if I book it do you think they would honor the price? Has anyone had experience with this hotel? Thanks in advance!

Yes it is a glitch and no they do not have to honor it.

In the small print on their website (all hotels do this to CYA), you will find if they have an obvious price discrepancy on their website, they do not have to honor it. They will either rebook you at the going rate or refund your money and they do not have to contact you to do either.