"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

It sounds like Carnival needs a new person in charge of itineraries. It makes no sense to put 2 ships in the same port doing the same itineraries. It is the same problem in Galveston. When the Freedom comes she will be doing the same itineraries as the Magic. I love sailing out of Galvesto but I will be sailing out of Port Canaveral in April just to go to new places!

It make perfect sense., the routes are less than 400 miles round trip and the sea day the ship just floats, killing time. This has to be the most profitable route for Carnival, very little fuel used and huge bar revenue.yhey could give the cabins away and still make good money,

That being said, I do miss the old Elation 5 day Cabo/ Ensenada runs. The 3/4 day cruises are too short to get in the cruise mood. Your barely on board and it seems like it's time to disembark

I have sailed on the Elation and will be sailing twice on Dream within the next few months. I wouldn't mind at all if New Orleans got a new ship. I would love for it to be one with the 2.0 upgrades but won't hold my breath. I can always drive to Galveston if they get the Breeze.

It make perfect sense., the routes are less than 400 miles round trip and the sea day the ship just floats, killing time. This has to be the most profitable route for Carnival, very little fuel used and huge bar revenue.yhey could give the cabins away and still make good money,

That being said, I do miss the old Elation 5 day Cabo/ Ensenada runs. The 3/4 day cruises are too short to get in the cruise mood. Your barely on board and it seems like it's time to disembark

If it was making sense, then why aren't the cruises selling out? It isn't just about what you make onboard. I cruise for the destinations.

Would love to see the dream in long beach. I would love to see a California Costal to Vancouver.

This. THIS! I started looking at other lines, as I'd rather sail out of San Francisco (Northern California problems) and would SO rather see Vancouver than Ensenada again. Couldn't find many Round trips! Please, Pacific Northwest cruises!

Breeze to Galveston

Magic to port canveral

Valor to charleston

And here is my curve ball.... Ive been saying this for a while now......

Fantasy to New Orleans to relpace the retiring elation.

I know she is newer but it here has to be a reason the elation and paradise has yet to be upgraded like the other fantasy class ships.

According to Carnival.com...

For Galveston

7 Day Saturday Freedom

7 Day Sunday Breeze

4/5 Day Liberty

I wonder where that leaves San Juan?

I guess it all depends where the Magic ends up. Would they send the Magic to PC to send the valor back to San Juan? That makes no sense. Perhaps they are going to send the Magic to Fort Lauderdale and Conquest to San Juan.

It's gonna be an interesting day, that's for sure!

I wonder where that leaves San Juan?

I guess it all depends where the Magic ends up. Would they send the Magic to PC to send the valor back to San Juan? That makes no sense. Perhaps they are going to send the Magic to Fort Lauderdale and Conquest to San Juan.

It's gonna be an interesting day, that's for sure!

That would leave triumph avaliable too.

Wow, Galveston is definitely getting spoiled after all the realignments take place - 3 newer 2.0'd ships cruising from the same port. It was already nice having a non-Fantasy class ship doing the 4/5 days, so I wasn't really expecting a replacement for Triumph. I wonder if anything is in store to replace Elation in New Orleans. I'm 2.5 hours from Galveston and 3 hours from New Orleans so it's nice to have these type of options now.

Cue the Galveston hate... [emoji38]

I'd much rather see New Orleans become the "preferred" port for expansion over Galveston. The distance from the airports to the cruise ports in Galveston is a burden IMO, and there is so much to do around the port in New Orleans with lots of great hotel choices right there.

This is sort of upsetting. Conquest should've moved to 4/5 day cruises before Liberty did, it has no Serenity and it's older!

Magic better have some nice cruises from Florida....

Who will cover the San Juan Route ?

Edited by cruisexlife

I'd much rather see New Orleans become the "preferred" port for expansion over Galveston. The distance from the airports to the cruise ports in Galveston is a burden IMO, and there is so much to do around the port in New Orleans with lots of great hotel choices right there.

I agree, Galveston is a long way from IAH. We did it once but never again, NOLA was much easier and such a fun city.

I would like Triumph to come back to New Orleans and do 5 days again.

And they can stick whatever big ship in there for the 7 days.

And then if they could stick Elation back in Mobile...

They need to move Elation elsewhere. She needs a big refurbishment, she looks tired, the cabins are very dated (especially the bathroom). I will not sail 4-5 days out of New Orleans until Elation is moved.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to move Triumph back to New Orleans again.

While on the Miracle in Jan. they said that the splendor was going back to the west coast. I am also thinking that maybe the Miracle might be heading to Australia. I am thinking that is why it is not going to get a guys burger just like the spirit and the legend do not have a guys but the pride does.