"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I would love to get another newer, bigger ship back in California instead of the "tion" ships

I doubt they'll ever send us a newer ship; they don't care much for the west coast they just send us whatever they don't want in Florida. Fingers are crossed they might send back the Splendor or send us the Valor possibly

Well, the Valor currently calls at St.Maarten on Saturdays, the Liberty will, so it only makes sense that the Fascination is taking over the SJU route, and victory is going to replace it later on .... What about Jacksonville ? [emoji32]

My guess fantasy to jax then valor or triumph to charleston. I hope it is triumph. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
They need to move Elation elsewhere. She needs a big refurbishment, she looks tired, the cabins are very dated (especially the bathroom). I will not sail 4-5 days out of New Orleans until Elation is moved.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to move Triumph back to New Orleans again.

And now I think of it, Royal is leaving New Orleans next year, right?

It seems like perhaps there will be more demand for cabins out of New Orleans and perhaps there will be no trouble filling a bit bigger five day ship.

I don't know how many people are Royal Caribbean or nothing though.

I did really enjoy Triumph.

Breeze to Galveston

Magic to port canveral

Valor to charleston

And here is my curve ball.... Ive been saying this for a while now......

Fantasy to New Orleans to relpace the retiring elation.

I know she is newer but it here has to be a reason the elation and paradise has yet to be upgraded like the other fantasy class ships.

probably because Paradise and Elation are the only 2 fantasy class with azapods.

probably because Paradise and Elation are the only 2 fantasy class with azapods.

Do not wish for bathroom upgrades! The bathroom vanity in the Inspiration and Imagination are horrible.

Long Beach has three ships-- Inspiration and Imagination doing 3 & 4 day cruises and the Miracle doing MR and HI cruises. The port is busy Th-M.

Can the newer ships sail thru the Canal or do they have to wait until the newer, wider Canal is operational? That was the issue with the Splendor.

Edited by SadieN

Breeze to Galveston

Magic to port canveral

Valor to charleston

And here is my curve ball.... Ive been saying this for a while now......

Fantasy to New Orleans to relpace the retiring elation.

I know she is newer but it here has to be a reason the elation and paradise has yet to be upgraded like the other fantasy class ships.

I really hope you are wrong about New Orleans.

An upgrade would be good, but Fantasy is not an upgrade over Elation to me.

So does anyone have a list of the ships and their new homeports?

Breeze, Liberty and Freedom to Galveston to replace the Magic (and Triumph, I forget) after the Vista comes to Miami. Hopefully I can sail on the Breeze before it relocates.

Sent from my LG G3, typos might occur.

Where did you hear this? I would love the Magic to go to PC!! 2nd closest port to me, and with all the people that like the Breeze, the Magic should be almost the same!

jim berra, carnival's chief marketing officer, said it in an interview with cruise radio during the media event for the carnival freedom in galveston (actually, apparently on the bus), about 2 weeks ago.

So does anyone have a list of the ships and their new homeports?

so far, all that's been confirmed is:

freedom just relocated to and is sailing from galveston.

vista to miami.

breeze to galveston to replace magic.

liberty to galveston to replace triumph.

magic and triumph new home ports to be announced in coming weeks.

magic said to be going to port canaveral by jim berra in an interview with cruise radio, but it was not specifically announced in the press release:

PortMiami will be the year-round homeport for Carnival Cruise Line’s largest ship to date, the 133,500-ton Carnival Vista, when it launches six- to eight-day Caribbean cruises beginning in December 2016.

Carnival will further bolster its leadership position in Galveston, repositioning Carnival Breeze and Carnival Liberty to Texas in 2016, joining Carnival Freedom which arrives in Galveston this Saturday. Carnival Breeze and Carnival Liberty will replace Carnival Magic and Carnival Triumph, respectively, in Galveston. Details on new homeports for Carnival Magic and Carnival Triumph, as well as year-round departures from San Juan, will be provided over the coming weeks.

See more at: http://carnival-news.com/2015/02/12/carnivals-most-innovative-ship-yet-carnival-vista-to-operate-year-round-six-and-eight-day-caribbean-cruises-from-miami-carnival-breeze-and-carnival-liberty-reposition-to-galveston/#sthash.dTKdlmT4.dpuf

but he definitely said it. check out podcast 203, 'Carnival Freedom in Galveston: LIVE | Carnival Cruise Line'. it's at about the 10 minute mark i recall. he said something like 'our newest ship, the carnival breeze, will relocate to galveston, and the magic will head to port canaveral...':

http://cruiseradio.net/podcasts/

so right now, just related to those moves, we're waiting on 1) announcement of magic going to PC, 2) triumph's new home port, 3) ship to continue the year-round departures from san juan. so my money's on triumph to san juan, UNLESS they move other ships too (which is entirely possible / likely).

Edited by falkcor

Just found out on the ST.Maarten cruise ship schedule that Fascination will call on Saturdays from April 23 2016 until Oct. 29 2016 and after that Victory will take over until at least May 6 2017. So looks like Magic will either go to PC or PE. I bet on PC.

Especially since there are no more cruises available after April 15, 2016 on the Fascination.

John Heald posted the following on his FB page this morning:

"...on Monday the dance of the ships continues with some very good news for three home ports in particular."

FWIW, I was on the Miracle in January and the word onboard was that the Miracle was going to Australia permanently to join the Spirit and that the Splendor was coming back to Los Angeles. Will just have to wait and see if there's any truth to this or not.

"...on Monday the dance of the ships continues with some very good news for three home ports in particular."

FWIW, I was on the Miracle in January and the word onboard was that the Miracle was going to Australia permanently to join the Spirit and that the Splendor was coming back to Los Angeles. Will just have to wait and see if there's any truth to this or not.

Not much shocks me these days but this splendor going back to the west coast would absoutley shock me.

What three ports is everyone thinking it will be? PC, SJ, and ?... Do you think this will be it and they will release schedule for all ships or do you think there will be more to come after Monday?

I'm surprised they keep putting ships in TX with all the alcohol laws/duties in that state. Not to mention the infamous fog delays that seem to plague that area.

I wish Norfolk would get a ship year round. You don't spend a full day traversing the Chesapeake Bay, and there aren't any bridges to go under.

What three ports is everyone thinking it will be? PC, SJ, and ?... Do you think this will be it and they will release schedule for all ships or do you think there will be more to come after Monday?

Would love to see a switch up in NYC...with some sailings to Bermuda.

We will find out on Monday! Hopefully this is true, I would love to have the Splendor back here in Long Beach. Carnival has already disappointed me enough, guess we will have to find out on Monday hopefully. Fingers crossed we get her back