"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I know that. My question to the OP is where he found out that the Victory will replace Fascination later on.

if you look at the St.Maarten Cruise Schedules, on November 11th, 2016 it switches from Fascination to Victory.

I wonder where Fascination will go if it's not leaving from San Juan. Maybe they'll give it 2.0 and send it to Tampa? Start a new 4/5 night service from Everglades? Do cruises from Norfolk in the winter?

Really wish Carnival would release them all at once.

I wonder where Fascination will go if it's not leaving from San Juan. Maybe they'll give it 2.0 and send it to Tampa?

Yes! I would love a new Spirit AND Fantasy class ship in Tampa! No Spirit year round anymore (Silly Aussies...) and the Paradise is bland, but still nice. It would be lovely to have a 2.0 AND EoF ship in Tampa!!

Yes! I would love a new Spirit AND Fantasy class ship in Tampa! No Spirit year round anymore (Silly Aussies...) and the Paradise is bland, but still nice. It would be lovely to have a 2.0 AND EoF ship in Tampa!!

While I can't really talk, I'm going to speak from experience. Just because it's convenient for you, doesn't give Carnival any more money, which is all they're after. For example, many want the Miracle in Tampa, and to be honest, I do too. But you have to remember that if Carnival was going to pick up a bigger demographic and sail a 3000 pax ship weekly year-round, you better bet your bottom dollar that it would already be over there. Carnival can't (or thinks they can't) fill the ship in the a Conquest Class. So while Tampa may be nice for you, you have to remember that Carnival is a corporation, and will do whatever they can to make more money. Hence the Liberty replacing Triumph and Triumph taking over Elation.

While I can't really talk, I'm going to speak from experience. Just because it's convenient for you, doesn't give Carnival any more money, which is all they're after. For example, many want the Miracle in Tampa, and to be honest, I do too. But you have to remember that if Carnival was going to pick up a bigger demographic and sail a 3000 pax ship weekly year-round, you better bet your bottom dollar that it would already be over there. Carnival can't (or thinks they can't) fill the ship in the a Conquest Class. So while Tampa may be nice for you, you have to remember that Carnival is a corporation, and will do whatever they can to make more money. Hence the Liberty replacing Triumph and Triumph taking over Elation.

Tampa probably could fill the ships, but it's an issue of the price with which it's able to do. And the average onboard spend, which is where Carnival really makes it's money.

Tampa probably could fill the ships, but it's an issue of the price with which it's able to do. And the average onboard spend, which is where Carnival really makes it's money.

True, but there are 2 Available Spirit class ships. One sails from Baltimore, which makes more money than Tampa does, so Carnival is keeping it there. Also, Long Beach has Miracle, which they can fill, and they get a lot of onboard spending on the west coast cruises too.

I wouldn't want the Miracle to leave Long Beach anytime soon. At first I wanted a new ship here to replace the Miracle, but after seeing that other ports don't even have a ship as big as miracle, im thankful we even have the Miracle here on the west coast. I have yet to sail on her, which will most likely be next March. I've seen lots of pictures and videos of her and she's a beautiful ship. Sure she isn't like the Breeze or a Conquest class, but it could be worse. Tampa doesn't even have a ship for 7 days, so it's nice Carnival sent us the Miracle back in 2013, I do miss the Splendor, but it could've been worse and Carnival Could've just sent us an old ship for the 7 day Sailings, like they just did for San Juan

Edited by Alexv500

I wouldn't want the Miracle to leave Long Beach anytime soon. At first I wanted a new ship here to replace the Miracle, but after seeing that other ports don't even have a ship as big as miracle, im thankful we even have the Miracle here on the west coast. I have yet to sail on her, which will most likely be next March. I've seen lots of pictures and videos of her and she's a beautiful ship. Sure she isn't like the Breeze or a Conquest class, but it could be worse. Tampa doesn't even have a ship for 7 days, so it's nice Carnival sent us the Miracle back in 2013, I do miss the Splendor, but it could've been worse and Carnival Could've just sent us and old ship for the 7 days like they just did for San Juan

We did have a year round 7 day ship until the silly Aussies took my Legend :( .

For example, many want the Miracle in Tampa, and to be honest, I do too. But you have to remember that if Carnival was going to pick up a bigger demographic and sail a 3000 pax ship weekly year-round, you better bet your bottom dollar that it would already be over there. Carnival can't (or thinks they can't) fill the ship in the a Conquest Class. So while Tampa may be nice for you, you have to remember that Carnival is a corporation, and will do whatever they can to make more money. Hence the Liberty replacing Triumph and Triumph taking over Elation.
The problem with Tampa is that only two classes of ships can sail there: Fantasy-class and Spirit-class. The other classes won't fit under the Sunshine Skyway Bridge. I suspect part of the equation is that there are other ports in Florida that are relatively close (i.e., driving distance) and can dock larger ships.

nothing finite yet, but john heald's reply to a post on facebook seems to insinuate that we could see some changes in NY for 2016:

Q: Any idea what dip will be in New York in the coming years?? I feel like no one at Carnival cares about NY...

John Heald: we cerratinly do which is why we are showcasing our newest ship there next year and lets see what else will happen in 2016 - cheers

Edited by falkcor