"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

We will find out on Monday! Hopefully this is true, I would love to have the Splendor back here in Long Beach. Carnival has already disappointed me enough, guess we will have to find out on Monday hopefully. Fingers crossed we get her back

Won't see it happen anytime soon. It costs a bit of money to send her back to the west coast-via South America- and the million dollar question is if it's going to make sense to do so.

Won't see it happen anytime soon. It costs a bit of money to send her back to the west coast-via South America- and the million dollar question is if it's going to make sense to do so.

Never say never, but you are correct. Carnival took a bath with sending (and recalling) the Splendor to the west coast. Sending her around the cape half full and losing 70+ days of revenue after a couple of years of severe discounting in Long Beach.

Edited by jimbo5544

so far, all that's been confirmed is:

freedom just relocated to and is sailing from galveston.

vista to miami.

breeze to galveston to replace magic.

liberty to galveston to replace triumph.

magic and triumph new home ports to be announced in coming weeks.

magic said to be going to port canaveral by jim berra in an interview with cruise radio, but it was not specifically announced in the press release:

you can add Conquest to the list, staying in FLL... You can do bookings for it thru April 2017. Has a variety of 4-8 day cruises with couple different itineraries that the ship hasn't done recently from FLL. Sorry for those of you who had wanted the Conquest to go to Charleston.

vista to miami.

magic said to be going to port canaveral by jim berra in an interview with cruise radio, but it was not specifically announced in the press release:

you can add Conquest to the list, staying in FLL... You can do bookings for it thru April 2017. Has a variety of 4-8 day cruises with couple different itineraries that the ship hasn't done recently from FLL. Sorry for those of you who had wanted the Conquest to go to Charleston.

And add the Glory staying in Miami as you can book through April 2017. Same itineraries as she has been doing.

Nearly as exciting as booking a cruise, is speculating about next year's itineraries and homeports! I'm glad to hear the Magic's going to PC. Would love to see a different ship in NOLA to do the 4/5 day sailings. The Elation is showing her age..

But I'm not holding my breath for Monday. JH never delivers on the promised date. (as I sit waiting for an update CD list..)

-Kelly

Am I the only one who's wondering what are the "3 cities receiving good news" are and what they're getting?

Since San Diego is out, I'm betting Tampa and Long Beach, and either a city up north like Boston or NY, or Barcelona.

There's a lingering voice in the back of my head saying "they are waiting to see how these Europe cruises do".....

Am I the only one who's wondering what are the "3 cities receiving good news" are and what they're getting?

Since San Diego is out, I'm betting Tampa and Long Beach, and either a city up north like Boston or NY, or Barcelona.

There's a lingering voice in the back of my head saying "they are waiting to see how these Europe cruises do".....

I'm hoping Tampa and Port Canaveral are getting good news. Hopefully Miracle to Tampa OR new Fantasy class to Tampa (extremely doubtful) and Magic to PC, as I've been saying.

But isn't the Panama expansions set to be done early next year? That'll make it easier to send bigger ships through. I don't think they would send another ship down and around again.

But isn't the Panama expansions set to be done early next year? That'll make it easier to send bigger ships through. I don't think they would send another ship down and around again.

If the new canal opens then they probably will consider sending another ship to Long Beach (hopefully) that way they don't have to send it around South America. If they send a new ship, it probably wouldn't be till like 2017 or late 2016. Fingers crossed they send us a different ship to the West Coast.

vista to miami.

And add the Glory staying in Miami as you can book through April 2017. Same itineraries as she has been doing.

I'm fairly confident that the Pride will be staying in Baltimore for at least the next two years. They left when their last contract was up and they had to re-negotiate a new one when they decided to return to Baltimore. The state is spending $4 million to renovate the current facility (carpet, new counters, billboards, and a heated passenger waiting area), so they had to have some kind of commitment from Carnival before they moved forward.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2014-01-31/news/bs-ed-cruise-20140203_1_carnival-pride-carnival-cruise-lines-cruise-ship

Edited by Carnival_Brides