"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

While on the Miracle in Jan. they said that the splendor was going back to the west coast. I am also thinking that maybe the Miracle might be heading to Australia. I am thinking that is why it is not going to get a guys burger just like the spirit and the legend do not have a guys but the pride does.

I hope this is true!! I would love for the Splendor to come back!

They only announced that Breeze and Liberty will reposition to Galveston to join the Freedom. Magic and Triumph will be leaving Galveston and on to other home ports which are yet to be announced. Hoping Magic will go to Port Canaveral and maybe that will cause the Valor to get sent to Long Beach, CA or it would be even nicer to get the Magic here (we can all dream LOL) kinda disappointed they're sending 2 ships to Galveston, but Texans are probably very happy and celebrating so I'm happy for them. Let's see where the rest of the other ships move to, fingers crossed Long Beach gets something good!!

I think I'm the only one here that wants a new Fantasy class ship here in Tampa.

It would be nice to have one that does 6 or 7 day cruises from there. I have not been on a fantasy class ship since 2000, but would have no problem booking one, since I usually do inside or port hole rooms. I have considered the 5 day on Paradise, but it is just too short for me who likes 7 or 8 day cruises. I would even be happy with a 6 or 7 day cruise on fantasy class ship that went from Tampa to Key West and then Bahamas or Grand Turk.

I would like to see Magic do her Spring-Fall itineraries in New York.:D:D

NCL needs some decent competition.

Port Canaveral already has Sunshine, and she's not going anywhere.

I am SO upset that Breeze is going to Texas. She is our favorite ship:(

Agree about the Magic, spring to fall itineraries from NYC, that would be a nice option.

I too am upset, that both Freedom and Liberty, two of my favorite ships are both gone to Texas, now they are getting the Breeze too. After my Splendor cruise this year, my hope was to go on the Liberty from San Juan in May 2016 on the Liberty, one of my favorites if not my all time favorite ship, now it too will be out of reach for me. I am just so peeved right now. I dont call this ship "dancing" at all. More like frenetic yanking around.

Edited by SMSACE6

Agree about the Magic, spring to fall itineraries from NYC, that would be a nice option.

I too am upset, that both Freedom and Liberty, two of my favorite ships are both gone to Texas, now they are getting the Breeze too. After my Splendor cruise this year, my hope was to go on the Liberty from San Juan in May 2016 on the Liberty, one of my favorites if not my all time favorite ship, now it too will be out of reach for me. I am just so peeved right now. I dont call this ship "dancing" at all. More like frenetic yanking around.

I'm very upset as well. I don't understand why Galveston is getting all the good ships now? Can't believe they're making Liberty do short cruises from Galveston. She's way too big of a ship to be doing such short trips. And then the Freedom and Breeze will be doing the same itineraries? Why have two ships doing the same Western Carib itineraries? Just keep one and send the other elsewhere, somewhere that needs a new ship such as Long Beach, or even New York. Long Beach and New York hardly get any love from Carnival

I agree about Liberty. She is way too nice of a ship to be doing 5 day itineraries.

I will not cruise out of TX, as the itineraries, are, well, less than stellar.

Same old, same old.

At least Miami and get further down to the better islands.

But, hey, if TX is filling the ships, they are going to put the ships there to make their money.

Corporate America. Sigh......:mad::mad:

I agree about Liberty. She is way too nice of a ship to be doing 5 day itineraries.

I will not cruise out of TX, as the itineraries, are, well, less than stellar.

Same old, same old.

At least Miami and get further down to the better islands.

But, hey, if TX is filling the ships, they are going to put the ships there to make their money.

Corporate America. Sigh......:mad::mad:

Right. I guess this is part of Carnival's new catch to get a lot of first-time cruisers, thus having more ships in Galveston, so more people can drive to the ship. But what bothers me is that all of us loyal cruiers are told to either repeat the same ship for a new itinerary, or repeat the same itinerary for a new ship, OR try one of their 10-14 day one way/roundtrip special cruises. but then Carnival forgets about the practical people who have work or need flights or have children who have school schedules and ugh. Exactly why I want to try NCL. Loyal cruisers want to see Europe, but the first-time cruisers want to see Cozumel, thus keeping the ship to do cruises to Cozumel.

I love Carnival but they need a better balance between first-time and loyal cruisers.

This too makes me upset. I love he Freedom and I've already fallen in love with the Liberty. I could've done the San Juan route this January, but then I found out about the Liberty switching, and I booke dher first cruise from SJU.

I booked my Freedom cruise the day they shorted it's drydock. I was on the last cruise before 2.0.

Galveston is so inconvienient for people who fly. If Carnival can fill the 3000 pax. Liberty, 3000 pax. Freedom, and 3500 pax Breeze every week, then go ahead. But Miami is the easiest port for almsot anyone to fly to, as you can fly into 2 airports, all of the major airlines go there, and so do the budget ones, the airports are no more than 40 minutes from the ship, and there are so many port stops and varied itineraries offered from Miami and FLL.

I hope Carnival doesn't think that we (I mean the majority of people) support this as the future Carnival.....

I was hoping she would go to Port Canaveral at least. And I agree with you, put the Magic in NY seasonally or something. I too am bummed about the Breeze moving to Galveston. I see why they did it. I just don't like it. Lol

I was hoping she would go to Port Canaveral at least. And I agree with you, put the Magic in NY seasonally or something. I too am bummed about the Breeze moving to Galveston. I see why they did it. I just don't like it. Lol

Don't see the problem, since Miami is getting Vista.

Galveston has the best ships now. Freedom is fabulous and Liberty always gets high marks. They need to put a Dream class in NY during the Summer!

I was anticipating the Breeze getting moved to Galveston but I didn't see the Liberty move coming. I'm definitely bummed about this news. Shocked that Carnival would have 2 Conquest class ships along with the Breeze all in Galveston. While I don't live near any port, Galveston is probably one of the least accessible for me flight wise.

Super stoked about this news! Although I have a terrible feeling that this will drive prices through the roof, Breeze is fabulous. I am unable to fly, so with Breeze being 4 hours away, I am definitely jumping for joy (I cruise for the ship, but I still like destinations). HOWEVER, the itineraries are horrid from Galveston. As much as I would like to go to Key West, Freeport and Nassau are of no interest. Carnival needs to mix things up and use this itinerary on some 7 day runs on Freedom and Breeze:

Day 1: Embark

Day 2: Sea Day

Day 3: Key West 8:00-5:30

Day 4: Half Moon Cay 8:00-4:00

Day 5: Sea Day

Day 6: San Juan 9:00-6:00 (not sure if this is too far away though, could be replaced with Grand Cayman, Amber Cove, Montego Bay, or flipped with day 5's sea day)

Day 7: Sea Day

Day 8: Debark

Other than the itinerary, I am definitely looking forward to the arrival of the Breeze! :D :D :D

Edited by talkorpi

Super stoked about this news! Although I have a terrible feeling that this will drive prices through the roof, Breeze is fabulous. I am unable to fly, so with Breeze being 4 hours away, I am definitely jumping for joy (I cruise for the ship, but I still like destinations). HOWEVER, the itineraries are horrid from Galveston. As much as I would like to go to Key West, Freeport and Nassau are of no interest. Carnival needs to mix things up and use this itinerary on some 7 day runs on Freedom and Breeze:

Day 1: Embark

Day 2: Sea Day

Day 3: Key West 8:00-5:30

Day 4: Half Moon Cay 8:00-4:00

Day 5: Sea Day

Day 6: San Juan 9:00-6:00 (not sure if this is too far away though, could be replaced with Grand Cayman or Montego Bay)

Day 7: Sea Day

Day 8: Debark

Other than the itinerary, I am definitely looking forward to the arrival of the Breeze! :D :D :D

This itinerary is impossible. Key West arrivals are later, around 10AM. Going from KW to HMC will take longer than the time you have allotted. The San Juan route is the also impossible, and the sea day back is too short. They would need at least 2.

Galveston is a great port for convienience, but not for itineraries. Norfolk, Charleston, Jacksonville and Tampa have the same issues

This itinerary is impossible. Key West arrivals are later, around 10AM. Going from KW to HMC will take longer than the time you have allotted. The San Juan route is the also impossible, and the sea day back is too short. They would need at least 2.

Galveston is a great port for convienience, but not for itineraries. Norfolk, Charleston, Jacksonville and Tampa have the same issues

My post then obviously shows that I know nothing about itineraries :o

Just found out on the ST.Maarten cruise ship schedule that Fascination will call on Saturdays from April 23 2016 until Oct. 29 2016 and after that Victory will take over until at least May 6 2017. So looks like Magic will either go to PC or PE. I bet on PC.

Edited by Topo Gigio

Just found out on the ST.Maarten cruise ship schedule that Fascination will call on Saturdays from April 23 2016 until Oct. 29 2016 and after that Victory will take over until at least May 6 2017. So looks like Magic will either go to PC or PE. I bet on PC.

Well, the Valor currently calls at St.Maarten on Saturdays, the Liberty will, so it only makes sense that the Fascination is taking over the SJU route, and victory is going to replace it later on .... What about Jacksonville ? [emoji32]