"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I just feel so bad for everyone who's cruises got cancelled, especially those who were booked on the Breeze. I'm sure those folks are furious. I just don't get what was the big rush to move the Breeze to Galveston so ahead of time! It's causing a big mess and frustration for those who were booked on that ship. The only good thing coming out of this is Magic will be going to PC a lot earlier and will be offering some cool itineraries from there, I might even consider having my birthday/Grad cruise on that ship [emoji41]

I agree with you. I booked an Oct. 2016 on the Breeze knowing that it was announced the move to Galveston was in November. Now for some reason the "beards" as JH calls them have decided it's extremely important to move the Breeze 6 months earlier than originally announced. So, "poof" there goes my 8 day sailing on the Breeze and it becomes an 8 day on the Splendor which is an ok ship but it in no way compares to the Breeze.

I agree with you. I booked an Oct. 2016 on the Breeze knowing that it was announced the move to Galveston was in November. Now for some reason the "beards" as JH calls them have decided it's extremely important to move the Breeze 6 months earlier than originally announced. So, "poof" there goes my 8 day sailing on the Breeze and it becomes an 8 day on the Splendor which is an ok ship but it in no way compares to the Breeze.

I totally understand you. A lot of people book the Breeze for the ship itself, I was even going to book the Breeze for June 2016 for an 8 Day Southern Carib to celebrate my graduation and birthday, BUT she'll be in Galveston now so that won't be happening. Many are outraged and furious about this. What's upsetting is that they had already previously announced it was going to Galveston in Nov 2016 so then everyone booked the Breeze for her final sailings on her last year in Miami. Now all that got cancelled for those who wanted to sail her from Miami. They should've sent the Magic to Miami to cover for Breeze and then once Vista arrived, Magic could've gone to PC

Not everyone knew. I certainly didn't and we are impacted by the changes he announced. Still, they must say something about Tampa and Long Beach. Doesn't sound like much to announce though. Obviously the Splendor isn't going West.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I think the Splendor is eventually going west as it is on the Hawaii Port Authority Schedule in October 2017 and December 2017. The Miracle will be in Tampa because Bare Necessities Tour and Travel (nude cruise) has it chartered in February of 2017 out of Tampa.

I think the Splendor is eventually going west as it is on the Hawaii Port Authority Schedule in October 2017 and December 2017. The Miracle will be in Tampa because Bare Necessities Tour and Travel (nude cruise) has it chartered in February of 2017 out of Tampa.

I think so too. I think they must be waiting on an update of the Panama Canal completion

I think so too. I think they must be waiting on an update of the Panama Canal completion

Or they are going to hit us with a once in a lifetime repo cruise to new ports CCL has never been to and they are trying to hammer out the details still :-)

Unless I missed something, has there been any news on the Miracle?

Just off Southern Caribbean route on Liberty. Our head waitress mentioned after next contract of four months she was putting in for the Miracle as will be on west coast Mexican Riviera closer for her to fly home to Phillipines. Does crew know ahead, or is she summizing based on what she has been told so far?

Just throwing out what she told us.

Just off Southern Caribbean route on Liberty. Our head waitress mentioned after next contract of four months she was putting in for the Miracle as will be on west coast Mexican Riviera closer for her to fly home to Phillipines. Does crew know ahead, or is she summizing based on what she has been told so far?

The Miracle will stay on the west coast till the end of 2016. This would allow her to spend at least one contract period on the west coast. The crew probably finds out where ships are going about the same time we do on this site. :)

Edited by welldone60

As the other poster mentions, they know (to the point that is reflects on their current or upcoming contract). Even if the Miracle would come east (if I were a betting man I would bet heavy on this), they won't pull the Miracle till they have a balcony heavy ship to put in her place. Also, they will not sail a Conquest class ship around South America, but will wait for the canal to be finished.

That charter is 2/5/2017 to 2/14/2017 and Miracle's last scheduled Mexico itin ends on 1/7/2017 (according to cruise time tables). So if you add in a 15 day to Hawaii starting on 1/7 and a 15-16 day Panama Canal transit starting on 1/21, that puts Miracle in Tampa on 2/5/2017.

Edited by joepeka

Correct - on time for completion in April, 2016.

I saw that as of yesterday, they began filling the Pacific lower locks. Atlantic already filled. Once filled they can beging testing. Things are looking up.

Edited by jimbo5544

The Sunshine will replace the Splendor out of NYC next year. Not at all happy with its schedule since the number of sailings is very limited and starts in July and ends in early October. Surely Carnival gets enough $$$$ from NYC to at least provide a ship starting in May!!!!!!!:(

MARAPRINCE

The Sunshine will replace the Splendor out of NYC next year. Not at all happy with its schedule since the number of sailings is very limited and starts in July and ends in early October. Surely Carnival gets enough $$$$ from NYC to at least provide a ship starting in May!!!!!!!:(

MARAPRINCE

We have the Sunshine sailing out of Norfolk in June and October of next year. NYC and Norfolk are also sharing her with Charleston and Port Canaveral.

We feel the same way in Norfolk. We aren't as big as NYC, but geographically we are the perfect mid Atlantic home port, with Amtrak and air service with easy transfers to the port, which is in the heart of downtown.

My hope is that down the road, they'll split a ship between NYC and Norfolk.

• 1 month later...
It's been quite a while since we've all heard of anything. Anyone know of anything yet with what's going on with Splendor and Miracle? They're the last two left in the dance

Nothing that I've seen or heard out of Carnival itself - neither ship has a published departure schedule beyond December 2016. I think we're all aware of the Miracle charter out of Tampa in early February 2017 and that Splendor has shown up on a few Hawaiian port schedules in 2017 but beyond that, nothing.

Edited by joepeka

I will be at a Carnival event today and will ask about these two ships and when the announcement will happen.

Thanks, I am a planner and would love to know. This waiting game is sure getting frustrating.

I did see a teaser post by John last week that said something like "if we offered a Panama Canal cruise soon would you be interested?"

I will be at a Carnival event today and will ask about these two ships and when the announcement will happen.

Thanks Jimbo. We're also waiting somewhat anxiously to see where those two ships will be in 2017 (although we think we kinda know). :)

Thanks, I am a planner and would love to know. This waiting game is sure getting frustrating.

I did see a teaser post by John last week that said something like "if we offered a Panama Canal cruise soon would you be interested?"

There will defiantly be something, really a matter of when. We have it on our bucket list to do a canal passage.

Edited by jimbo5544