Celebrity Robes

butterbread

Are these anything to write home about? Sometimes when we travel we have fabulous, plush robes and DH and I always wish we had bought one. I thought I might surprise him with one on the ship if they are any good.

Or....are they just typical terry robes?

Actually, if you are in a suite, you get nicer robes then you get in a regular cabin. So it depends. You may be able to order them in advance of your cruise and ship to your house, freeing up space in your luggage. Check the website.

Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Got off the Equinox last week. We had a "Standard" verandah cabin and the robes were in the closet when we arrived. I wouldn't buy one, but they were fine to use for 11 days, and one less thing to have to pack to bring from home. And as an aside.....LOVED the cruise...particularly the fit and finish and appointments of the ship.

Edited by marco

We had a nice Terry Robe, but the same type can be purchased at Bloomingdales. If you want the Celebrity logo- purchase the Terry Robe. THey are nice- but not spectacular. Terry inside and out. The non-suites have a waffle type cotton material not great at all. Funny, I saw some old people walking around in them all over the ship!

I think they have nice plush robes for sale thru their gift shop. They are brand new.

look on Celebrity's website under the tab already booked, there will be a drop down menu for gifts on Board, hit that and there will be a picture showing apparel. They show a robe for $55

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

We had a nice Terry Robe, but the same type can be purchased at Bloomingdales. If you want the Celebrity logo- purchase the Terry Robe. THey are nice- but not spectacular. Terry inside and out. The non-suites have a waffle type cotton material not great at all. Funny, I saw some old people walking around in them all over the ship!

They probalby learned that from their grand kids that wear pjs to school, or it could be why their grand kids wear pjs to school as their grand parents set the standard of proper dress.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

[/color]

They probalby learned that from their grand kids that wear pjs to school, or it could be why their grand kids wear pjs to school as their grand parents set the standard of proper dress.

happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Or it may be that they have been to spas where wearing the robe to the facilities is the norm.

In Aqua Class cabins at least, they have "Frette" brand robes that are very nice (but heavy). You are able to buy new robes to bring home if desired and we did. It was just a couple months ago and I believe the price was $65. According to my wife (I have no idea) that was a great price for that quality of robe. I think anyone on board can buy them because I found how to order one on the in-cabin TV.

I'm 6'3 so the waffle ones in regular cabins are like mini skirts for me lol I tried to use it like sexy robe lingerie for my fiancé but she just laughed at me...:( lol. Can't wait to have the plush ones in concierge in 37 days! Hope there longer!

Or it may be that they have been to spas where wearing the robe to the facilities is the norm.

Not when they are sitting in the buffet, or in the coffee shop. One night there was a female in Celebrity Central wearing a robe. The CD even asked her if her luggage got lost.

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Edited by miched

Just make sure they are clean. Both of the robes we had in our room initially had stains on them.

We were AQ and went to put on my robe to sit on the balcony the first night. Took the robe out of the closet, untied the belt and as I put my cell phone in the pocket I felt a facial tissue. This was the first time my wife or I used the robes. I called and complained and naturally didn't get another robe until the next morning. I took the robe and untied the belt to check it out and there were yellow stains under the arm pits.

The last night of the cruise the attendants try to set the cabins up for the new passengers and sometimes put the new supplies in the cabin, lock the refrigerator and etc. We noticed fresh robes hanging in the closet. I pointed it out to my wife that the privious passengers probalby used the robes and then retied the belts and hung them back.

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

The Celebrity plush terry robes are supplied in Aqua, Concierge and Suites. Those are very heavy Terry Robes of excellent quality (DW thinks they are too warm when in hot weather regions). Other cabins get a flimsy "waffle" robe which we would never consider purchasing.

Hank

Not when they are sitting in the buffet, or in the coffee shop. One night there was a female in Celebrity Central wearing a robe. The CD even asked her if her luggage got lost.

happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Okay, you're right. Just tacky people