drink package limit?

Even when I went to a new bartender, they were not light handed with the pours by any means. A tall cocktail was basically a really tall double without asking. And the few margaritas I had would make your eyes water!

It pleases me to hear this! My wife and I aren't huge drinkers due to the fact we both are pretty busy, and usually too tired to even tip a glass to our faces. This is our first legit vacation as a couple (we met in 2003, married in '09), and we've never been away from actual responsibilities longer than two days.

Needless to say, we're definitely getting our drink on for those seven days.:cool::D

The only limit I am aware of is 15 minutes between drinks

If that is a rule it wasn't enforced for me on Allure last year. Drink as much as you want. I think I impressed the staff in Olive or Twist last year because after the first couple nights they saw me coming and knew what I wanted to drink.

Definitely no limit on RC. I have been on multiple "guys cruises" with my friends and I'm certain of that.

On those cruises I have seen the following, however:

• Cut off by a specific bartender due to giving drinks to someone without an alcohol pass
  • Cut off by a specific bartender due to safety concerns
  • Cut off by a specific bartender and security (or Guest Services?) was asked to deny alcohol against their card the rest of the night

In all 3 incidents the staff handled themselves professionally and our group had no complaint regarding their action. I truly believe that they want everyone to have a good time, right up until the point where you might hurt yourself or someone else. :)

We saw someone who was extremely drunk or high on Navigator last year who should have been cut off, could barely walk and she was making passes at all the women ( I am not kidding) rarely have seen someone that drunk on any cruise

We had someone on our cruise last year who had 36 stubbies (375ml) of VB on one of the days!

There is no limit; like other lines! Although if you look in really bad shape, start a fight, or are really rude to guest or crew; then those are causes for them to shut you off, and maybe even boot you at the next port! Pretty lucky a girl pulled the crap she did on the last night up at CVL. It was refreshing to see the security at CVL as we exited the elevators during the extended white party on my next cruise. A friendly reminder w/o words to have fun, but keep yourself in check!

Just remember you are on vacation with x# of now your closest friends, so keep it reasonable!

2yrs ago , on another cruise line , we had an unlimited package . I have never drank so much in 7 nights in my life .. they gave us receipts for every drink , although i lost a few .. at the end of the cruise we added up the amount if we were paying .. i fell over at the thought of $2500 of alcohol in 7 nights for 2 persons .. not bad when the package was $25 a day ..we treated the bar staff with respect and never had any trouble ordering drinks .. fellow cruisers were forever complaing and guess what , they were the ones waiting for drinks ... . look out Voyager in 7 weeks ...

so are gratuities in RCL included or added on, I'm now confused. I'll have to find my dang password and sign in to my booking.

While i may get a bit more friendly and talkative with a few drinks, I agree that there are few that will push this package to being cut off. I like the price control of knowing how much my bill will be. Whether I break even or not isn't my issue. I'm curious to know, if I have to plan for additional gratuities. Plus not having the phone book of charges stuffed under my door at the end of the cruise will be a bonus:D

Question as we have never had a drink package before I typically share a beer with my husband. I'm petite and by the time I finish a full beer it's warm and not worthy of drinking. Sharing from his works better. I might drink 2 beers/day at most so a drink package is not worth it for me. If we purchased the drink package for him and I sipped from his drink are we going to get in trouble? I'm not trying to work the system I promise.

Question as we have never had a drink package before I typically share a beer with my husband. I'm petite and by the time I finish a full beer it's warm and not worthy of drinking. Sharing from his works better. I might drink 2 beers/day at most so a drink package is not worth it for me. If we purchased the drink package for him and I sipped from his drink are we going to get in trouble? I'm not trying to work the system I promise.

The drink package is not supposed to be shared with anyone.

I drank nearly half the ultimate package cost in Moët this past NYE on Explorer just in one day, well worth it then. Saved the free (not Moët) bottle they gave me for my wife who didn't have the package.

For the record, I only really drink on vacation and never to the point where I am out of control.

Really hoping they bring back the Moet promo this coming NYE.

Tips are included, but an extra 50 cents a drink will help bartenders and waiters find you more quickly when it is time for a refill, especially if you are a frequent customer.

Edited by JasonV1

sharing is sharing whether it is one sip or half the glass. so technically no he is NOT allowed to let you sip from his drink. whether or not the bartenders all watch both of you like hawks and throw down the wrath of god is anyone's guess. you'd be better off buying one for yourself and letting him finish it if you want to abide by all the rules in place.

Definitely no limit on RC. I have been on multiple "guys cruises" with my friends and I'm certain of that.

On those cruises I have seen the following, however:

• Cut off by a specific bartender due to giving drinks to someone without an alcohol pass
  • Cut off by a specific bartender due to safety concerns
  • Cut off by a specific bartender and security (or Guest Services?) was asked to deny alcohol against their card the rest of the night

In all 3 incidents the staff handled themselves professionally and our group had no complaint regarding their action. I truly believe that they want everyone to have a good time, right up until the point where you might hurt yourself or someone else. :)

On my 5 day cruise it seemed like a LOT of people had the UP and I can honestly say I never saw anyone who was a mess. If they were, they were in bed well before they made a fool of themselves. Cheers!

so are gratuities in RCL included or added on, I'm now confused. I'll have to find my dang password and sign in to my booking.

They will show $x per day, then they will add 18% to it. You will pay that full amount when you book the package.

When you're onboard, you have the option to add more, but always remember that you've already paid 18% tip on the package.

A sip from the drink is sharing the package which we aren't supposed to do.

While i may get a bit more friendly and talkative with a few drinks, I agree that there are few that will push this package to being cut off. I like the price control of knowing how much my bill will be. Whether I break even or not isn't my issue. I'm curious to know, if I have to plan for additional gratuities. Plus not having the phone book of charges stuffed under my door at the end of the cruise will be a bonus:D

The gratuities are included in the drink package! If you find a great bartender and want to give more you can do that! If you sign the slip with a tip on it they will charge your card on file.

How do they patrol sharers?

Watching, monitoring time between drinks js, etc. It's not rocket science. Most people drink their drink in the bar they bought it in, so if someone else is drinking the beverage, obviously it's shared. Or if a package person is ordering different beverages within minutes of each other, probably sharing. Your card is swiped for each beverage(usually), there is monitoring happening.....bartenders are sharp observers, and it'still in their interest to be on the lookout for sharing..

If that is a rule it wasn't enforced for me on Allure last year. Drink as much as you want. I think I impressed the staff in Olive or Twist last year because after the first couple nights they saw me coming and knew what I wanted to drink.

I've had the 15 minute rule used on me, but that was because it was spring break and there were lots of overly-drunk college kids.