Hotel on CoCo Beach?

Brandywine_101

Another noob question: I booked a night at three seperate hotels for the night before our cruise because I'm having trouble choosing one! Ugh, I'm not usually this indecisive, but I hate not being familiar with where I'm going.

Here's the dilemma: Ideally I'd like to see a bit of Florida and relax at the beach the day before our cruise. I need to know what hotel is close to the beach - within walking distance for someone who has trouble walking long-distances and also close to restaurants and perhaps a grocery store if I need to grab something. We won't have a car as we're flying in and won't rent a car for just one day, so we'll need to be able to walk to places. Thanks!

Your post will probably get moved.

I'm guessing that to be close to restaurants and perhaps a grocery store as well as beach access, you need to be near Cocoa Beach Pier.

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront

Best Western Ocean Beach Hotel & Suites

Those are probably the best with beach access but there may be other hotels nearby.

Try google maps if the link works

Edited by icsys

We have stayed at the La Quinta, Best Western Ocean Beach and the Days Inn. They all worked for us and were clean and safe! The staff at all the locations are helpful and friendly.

On our November 2014 cruise on Freedom we stayed at the Days Inn. The Days Inn is about 1 block from the Beach.

We have stayed at the La Quinta, Best Western Ocean Beach and the Days Inn. They all worked for us and were clean and safe! The staff at all the locations are helpful and friendly.

On our November 2014 cruise on Freedom we stayed at the Days Inn. The Days Inn is about 1 block from the Beach.

Thanks everyone. I will post this in the "departing from Florida" area. But to answer your specific question, I have booked at Country Inn & Suites, Best Western and Hampton Inn. But I'm going to cancel the Hampton now because I found it's not actually close to the beach.

Thanks everyone. I will post this in the "departing from Florida" area. But to answer your specific question, I have booked at Country Inn & Suites, Best Western and Hampton Inn. But I'm going to cancel the Hampton now because I found it's not actually close to the beach.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and the Residence Inn. Hampton Inn is within walking distance of the beach and there is a walkway from the hotel to the beach. We didn't actually like the hotel as we thought it was very tired. The lobby and the breakfast area had been updated but the rooms hadn't and were old and musty. The hotel has outdoor corridors, which we do not like for safety reasons, and the elevators were very old and creaky.

Residence Inn is in the same area as Country Inn and Suites. Neither are close to the beach at all. They are within walking distance of Kelseys and Burger King and not much else. Residence Inn is very clean and newer. Definitely out hotel of choice with inside corridors and a great breakfast area.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and we liked it. We did not have the same experience as the other poster who stayed there. You have everything you mentioned within walking distance - restarants, super market, convience store, fast food and you can walk to the beach. The hotel has a good full breakfast buffet in the mornings. Our room did not smell old and musty and we did not see a problem with the outdoor corridors as opposed to inside corridors! They have trasportation to the ship! :cool:

Country Inn and Suites isnt near the beach either.

I would go with one of the two icsys listed.

I stay at Laquinta Inn on North Atlantic Drive. Its across the street from the beach. I like the staff there, the rooms are just fine and the Asian restaurant on the property is incredible.

I fell in love with Cocoa Beach, after returning from our last cruise. and I LOVE the Resort on Cocoa Beach. So much so, that I want to buy a time share. It is RIGHT on the beach and has restraunts and grocery store near by.

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn and the Residence Inn. Hampton Inn is within walking distance of the beach and there is a walkway from the hotel to the beach. We didn't actually like the hotel as we thought it was very tired. The lobby and the breakfast area had been updated but the rooms hadn't and were old and musty. The hotel has outdoor corridors, which we do not like for safety reasons, and the elevators were very old and creaky.

Residence Inn is in the same area as Country Inn and Suites. Neither are close to the beach at all. They are within walking distance of Kelseys and Burger King and not much else. Residence Inn is very clean and newer. Definitely out hotel of choice with inside corridors and a great breakfast area.

Thank you, that helps!

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and we liked it. We did not have the same experience as the other poster who stayed there. You have everything you mentioned within walking distance - restarants, super market, convience store, fast food and you can walk to the beach. The hotel has a good full breakfast buffet in the mornings. Our room did not smell old and musty and we did not see a problem with the outdoor corridors as opposed to inside corridors! They have trasportation to the ship! :cool:

Transport to the ship a HUGE plus. I just have to decide whats most important. A non musty room is 1st on the list though.

Country Inn and Suites isnt near the beach either.

I would go with one of the two icsys listed.

I stay at Laquinta Inn on North Atlantic Drive. Its across the street from the beach. I like the staff there, the rooms are just fine and the Asian restaurant on the property is incredible.

I looked at that, a little pricey for a budget hotel.

Thanks, Ill check them out!

Thanks all. Decided to go with BW. Found a nice promo code online and got a rate of $139 for a balcony oceanview room in the tower. They dont have shuttles but have an arrangement with a local company for $12 bucks. Im excited to see the sun set and rise!