Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

if the drink of the day is less than $13 it is included in the premium package and I am sure even without the special pricing it is also included. May be a different story on the Classic package if the drink is over $9 at the regular price.

Exactly, funny normally people ask if the drink of the day is included on the CLASSIC Package as its more restrictive - but the question was relating to the premium. I like to think of the premium package as 'anything goes’ [emoji12]

Thanks, are the drinks of the day covered (or large bottle beer specials in cellar masters) or excluded in the premium package? Also is there a special drink at sail away (this was the case on Princess) and is it covered? (It was not on Princess if I recall correctly)

Thanks again!

Last I've heard, the PREMIUM Package covers Deal of the Day drinks under its typical rules (covered below $13 and prorated above that), but the CLASSIC Package only covers the Deal of the Day drink if it is noted in Celebrity Today. This very likely goes for drink specials at specific bars and such, too.

I haven't been on a cruise in over a year, though, so this is all based on past knowledge and the fact that I haven't heard differently.

Edit: I'm just going to upload the most recent copy of the FAQ here since it's been several pages and I always want to keep it somewhat readily-available.

Bev Package FAQ.pdf

Edited by ailetoile

Thanks, as you can see from the replies there are some folks who have experienced the drink of the day not being covered by the premium package.

I understand the over $13 bit and that's as clear as day.

One last question I have

- Is there a bar in Cellar Masters (Millennium) from the pictures it looks like there is not. Is serviced by staff who run and get what you want?

thanks for all the great info on this thread.

One last question I have

- Is there a bar in Cellar Masters (Millennium) from the pictures it looks like there is not. Is serviced by staff who run and get what you want?

Experienced the same sort of thing on Eclipse, seemed to run out to a different bar to get what we wanted, but on the other hand we did get a cider that wasnt in the classic because they were out of stock, they fetched another of the lack of an alternative????????

Thanks, as you can see from the replies there are some folks who have experienced the drink of the day not being covered by the premium package.

I understand the over $13 bit and that's as clear as day.

One last question I have

I am not sure anyone has really experienced the drink of the day not being include in the premium package. I find it hard to believe that a special drink of the day would ever cost over $13.

I wonder if QE-2 just made a mistake when they said it was not included.

I am not sure anyone has really experienced the drink of the day not being include in the premium package. I find it hard to believe that a special drink of the day would ever cost over $13.

I wonder if QE-2 just made a mistake when they said it was not included.

If it comes in a special commemorative glass it won't be included in either package according to Celebrity's own documented rules. I'm thinking that QE2-Fan has had more experience on cruises than I have, so I would be happy to defer to him if he says he has seen a drink of the day that was not covered by the Premium Package. I'd just like to know more details :)

I will confirm my experience in a month and report back how it goes.

Thanks :) I only get to go on cruises once every year or two, so as much as I love information aggregation (enough to write this FAQ even), it's hard to stay up-to-date through my personal experience.

Celebrity's website says the following:

"Classic Beverage Package option includes beer up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, wine by the glass up to $9 per serving...."

Last month, I was on the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas and I think the cost for a pina colada was about $12.00 plus 18% gratuity. Celebrity customer service told me that frozen drinks like pina coladas and mud-slides are included in the Classic Beverage Package. That would mean they cost less than $8. per serving.

Are the prices for these same drinks so much less on Celebrity?

As I've said in other spots in this thread, I'm working on getting the information moved over to a website that I can update. In addition to providing a permanent URL that will always have the most up-to-date information that is available to me, this website will also include search functionality.

First, thank you, thank you, thank you for this outstanding resource. I just found it today and can't wait to share it on my Roll Call.

I did not read the entire thread (most of it :D) but I did want to make one comment. The PDF you included is outstanding and people may not realize that they can SEARCH it for what they are after. Many folks on CC don't realize that PDFs can be searched. That alone may help some find what they are looking for in this wonderful (but really long) thread.

Keep up the amazing work.

BTW: I downloaded the last PDF I could find and noted that at the bottom it says that "This information is accurate as of April 2015." You might want to update that line either there or at the top so we can be sure we have the latest PDF. A line at the top would be great saying, "Last Update...and then the date."

Edited by DrKoob

"Classic Beverage Package option includes beer up to $6 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks up to $8 per serving, wine by the glass up to $9 per serving...."

Last month, I was on the Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas and I think the cost for a pina colada was about $12.00 plus 18% gratuity. Celebrity customer service told me that frozen drinks like pina coladas and mud-slides are included in the Classic Beverage Package. That would mean they cost less than $8. per serving.

I am confident that if it cost $12 it would have included a souvenir glass and it makes sense that it would not be included in the package. Most of the daily drink specials do not include a souvenir glass and I am not even sure that the ones that do include the glass are referred to as a daily drink special. Perhaps on the first day at the "sail away". I did not even realize the Celebrity offers the drink with the souvenir glass, but obviously they do. I do remember them on Royal Caribbean and I have a few.

I am confident that if it cost $12 it would have included a souvenir glass and it makes sense that it would not be included in the package. Most of the daily drink specials do not include a souvenir glass and I am not even sure that the ones that do include the glass are referred to as a daily drink special. Perhaps on the first day at the "sail away". I did not even realize the Celebrity offers the drink with the souvenir glass, but obviously they do. I do remember them on Royal Caribbean and I have a few.

I wish it would have included a souvenir glass but it didn't. The virgin pina colada was $7.00. As an aside, Royal Caribbean now allows you to bring a bottle of wine into the dining room without a corking fee. They started that a few years ago so maybe I shouldn't compare the 2 cruise lines. By the way, the "pick 2" promotion is great, otherwise, I wouldn't pay for the drink package. Thanks for your response.

I wish it would have included a souvenir glass but it didn't. The virgin pina colada was $7.00. As an aside, Royal Caribbean now allows you to bring a bottle of wine into the dining room without a corking fee. They started that a few years ago so maybe I shouldn't compare the 2 cruise lines. By the way, the "pick 2" promotion is great, otherwise, I wouldn't pay for the drink package. Thanks for your response.

$12 for a standard Pina Colada on the Royal Caribbean is outrageous. That is high inflation.

They were not that high the last time I sailed about a year ago,at least when prepared with well liquor.

First, thank you, thank you, thank you for this outstanding resource. I just found it today and can't wait to share it on my Roll Call.

I did not read the entire thread (most of it :D) but I did want to make one comment. The PDF you included is outstanding and people may not realize that they can SEARCH it for what they are after. Many folks on CC don't realize that PDFs can be searched. That alone may help some find what they are looking for in this wonderful (but really long) thread.

Keep up the amazing work.

BTW: I downloaded the last PDF I could find and noted that at the bottom it says that "This information is accurate as of April 2015." You might want to update that line either there or at the top so we can be sure we have the latest PDF. A line at the top would be great saying, "Last Update...and then the date."

Ah thanks for the reminder to change the date. I rarely have Word set to show footnotes since most of my work documents don't have them and I hide them to save on the dead space. Out of sight, out of mind in this case :o

Lots of times the drink of the day is brought around in those souvenir glasses at sail away. It would be more than$9.00 and then wouldn't be included on the classic

Just got off the summit today-- stuck with the classic package. Never saw any souvenir cups with the drinks, and every drink I wanted that was coming around was included in the classic package. The ONLY drinks I couldn't get (and wanted) were Midori (don't really know why) and Stella (also don't know why the beer limit was lower). I found the sommeliers to be EXCELLENT and recommended wine that worked for me (a few times off the menu, so didn't even know the prices). Thought I would need to upgrade, but ended up not being necessary. (Mostly because the aspen coffee was included!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

New to Celebrity and new to beverage packages. Have cruised many times on other ships (either all-inclusive alcohol or pay-as-you-drink), so this is bit confusing. I've read very helpful information on this site, but had a question about wine with dinner. I usually have a bottle of wine, and ask to have them hold it for the next day if I (or hubby) don't finish it. I have the Classic Beverage Package on the Solstice. Seems that it would be advantageous for me to order two or three glasses of wine at dinner (included in the package) rather than a bottle (not included). Am I right about that? Thanks!

New to Celebrity and new to beverage packages. Have cruised many times on other ships (either all-inclusive alcohol or pay-as-you-drink), so this is bit confusing. I've read very helpful information on this site, but had a question about wine with dinner. I usually have a bottle of wine, and ask to have them hold it for the next day if I (or hubby) don't finish it. I have the Classic Beverage Package on the Solstice. Seems that it would be advantageous for me to order two or three glasses of wine at dinner (included in the package) rather than a bottle (not included). Am I right about that? Thanks!

You are exactly right about that although you are limited to certain wines by the glass but if you get a good sommelier you will be just fine. We had no problem when we had the Premium package finding wines we liked. Usually a choice of six or seven reds and whites.

$12 for a standard Pina Colada on the Royal Caribbean is outrageous. That is high inflation.

Yup and I can confirm the accuracy of the $12 + 18% price, since I just disembarked Allure OTS on Sunday.

With the Classic Beverage Package- if one wants a more expensive glass of wine than allowed do they pay the difference in price or for the total amount of the wine? Thank you

With the Classic Beverage Package- if one wants a more expensive glass of wine than allowed do they pay the difference in price or for the total amount of the wine? Thank you

The total price when on the classic package.

Can you get chocolate milkshakes onboard with the classic package :)

Unless things have changed in the last year you can't get a chocolate milkshake anywhere on an X ship. We had this conversation with a first time cruiser we had befriended and she was lamenting that she couldn't get her favorite chocolate milkshake anywhere on board. We had also made friends with the Hotel Manager (the BEST person to make friends with on a ship) and he had one made for her and delivered to the Martini Bar where we were drinking with her husband (she did not drink).

The real answer here is that milkshakes are considered food and not drink. Milk is free, ice cream is free, so you just need chocolate syrup and a mixer. Good luck.