Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

If we given CLASSIC pkg by our TA as a perk, can we upgrade it to PREMIUM once we get on the SHIP & pay the difference????

george35

You surely can George. Just head to customer service or even better, if you see a waiter selling beverage packages during embarkation, they can do the upgrade for you. That's what we did on Silhouette last summer.

Jim

I guess I'm just not understanding what there is to say:

Insides are 12,11,10,etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suppose you would first need to think about what questions are often asked across the CC threads. I have seen many threads about the features/benefits of concierge versus aqua. Similarly about the differences among suite levels which is now expanding with the advent of the Edge. Then there are questions about loyalty discounts (e.g. you can book a C2 at the C3 rate, can you also book a C1 at the C2 rate?); degrees of obstructed views; guarantees; post-final payment upgrades; etc.

But then, I do not have the time or inclination to consolidate all of this information from Celebrity's webpages, and from the many existing threads, into one major initial posting for such a thread. Perhaps someone else will.

I would expect you are correct. The cost to upgrade is the difference between the package prices plus the 18%.

Standard package is $45 per day and premium package is $65 - therefore the cost to upgrade from standard to premium is a per day charge of $20 + 3.60 ($23.60 as noted above.)

Class package is $55 per day - thus the difference of $10 + $1.80 ($11.80 per day) to upgrade.

Check your reservation to see what type of package was included as a perk to know how much you will have to pay to upgrade.

Where on your reservation can you see what package you have? I am supposed to have one, but showing nothing on the manage reservations on Celebrity site. I did book through another travel site.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Forums mobile app

Where on your reservation can you see what package you have? I am supposed to have one, but showing nothing on the manage reservations on Celebrity site. I did book through another travel site.

Do you receive a guest foil it when you book through a travel agent? If so, it should be there, under "Booking Charges - Currency". Ours has different codes there, one of which being. "BEVCLINGRAT." Your code may be different, but probably will at least in Luce "Bev" in there somewhere. Then it will show an amount that he package is worth. There will e a separate code (in our case, YEG5-PROMO2C) that then deducts he package amount. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you receive a guest foil it when you book through a travel agent? If so, it should be there, under "Booking Charges - Currency". Ours has different codes there, one of which being. "BEVCLINGRAT." Your code may be different, but probably will at least in Luce "Bev" in there somewhere. Then it will show an amount that he package is worth. There will e a separate code (in our case, YEG5-PROMO2C) that then deducts he package amount. Hope this helps!

Sorry, spell check changed my text. I am retyping it below.

Do you receive a guest folio when you book through a travel agent? If so, it should be there, under "Booking Charges - Currency". Ours has different codes there, one of which being. "BEVCLINGRAT." Your code may be different, but probably will at least gave the letters "Bev" in there somewhere. Then it will show an amount that the package is worth. There will be a separate code (in our case, YEG5-PROMO2C) that then deducts the package amount. Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the information. Not sure if I can mention, but booked through Co##co. They did email me an invoice but there is no mention of OBC or drink package. There is a section titled "included extras", but only thing listed there is the $200 GC I got for booking through them. I know I got the perks because it was $700 more to book with the perks (classic drinks and $150pp OBC) and I was charged the higher amount. Like I said, not showing anywhere on Celebrity site either.

• 1 month later...

It appears that nearly everyone at least got a cabin credit and/or a drink package as part of their purchase. But in a way I assume I helped them fill the ship by making a last minute purchase onto this cruise, yet there was no OBC nor drink package. So nobody seems to care about individual drink prices plus determining the cost of various drinks seems difficult. I sent a letter to the VTG TA tonight, hopefully I get more information.

My drinking is simple and easy.....but I have no idea how much each will cost me, i don't need a lot of drinks.

Iced tea

Hot chocolate ( I know this is free on Carnival but.....)

Basic bottled water ( I do prefer bottled over tap)

Can of Coke

Fruit smoothies

That is really all that I am interested in, this 60 year old does not require a lot of perks

I'm looking forward to meeting you all, this is Bruce from Dublin (California, not Ireland although I am Irish)

If anyone knows the answers it would be greatly appreciated

We are moderate drinkers too, so suggest no drink package. Just go to the bars when they have the 2 for 1 specials. Water package is a must as the individual bottles are costly. This way you always have a bottle of water, never drink the water from tap. Icky! As for a soda once in a while, just pick one up when you are in port and put it in your fridge. Coffee package is nice if you drink fancy coffee, but I had a hard time using all my punches. I like the little Starbucks individual packages to take for a nice cup of java which I love. No frills just a good cup of coffee. See you soon!

Can anyone say what the current typical or average cost of a beer or cocktail is on Celebrity? We have the Classic Beverage Package for our upcoming cruise on the Equinox and are trying to determine whether we should upgrade to the Premium. Also, if a drink is over the $8 limit (which seems low for most cocktails on ships), will we just have to pay the difference in price or the whole price of that drink? Thanks.

Can anyone say what the current typical or average cost of a beer or cocktail is on Celebrity? We have the Classic Beverage Package for our upcoming cruise on the Equinox and are trying to determine whether we should upgrade to the Premium. Also, if a drink is over the $8 limit (which seems low for most cocktails on ships), will we just have to pay the difference in price or the whole price of that drink? Thanks.

I'll try and scrounge some recent menus up, but not tonight sadly.

Now you pay the difference in the cost over $9, see below:

Care for a beverage not included in your package? Classic & Premium Package holders are welcome to enjoy any single-servingbeverage not included in their package by paying the price difference.

Point your favorite browser here. This was as of a year ago I think, but gives you an idea...

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/celebrity-drink-lists/

Point your favorite browser here. This was as of a year ago I think, but gives you an idea...

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/celebrity-drink-lists/

Hi,

The link you provided is older than a year ago. The prices are probably more than three Years old - 15% gratuity added.

Prices for drinks have increased significantly since those menus were published.

JIm

Hi,

The link you provided is older than a year ago. The prices are probably more than three Years old - 15% gratuity added.

Prices for drinks have increased significantly since those menus were published.

JIm

OK then. Try this link, pictures and prices were posted form the Equinox TODAY. Hope that's recent enough for ya! :p

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2494703&page=4

I noticed that not everyone in a stateroom has to upgrade from the basic to the premium beverage package. Has anyone tried having only one person upgrade? How does that work for (specialty and main room) dining? Do they allocate drinks to the person who ordered them or do they put all drinks on one card? First time cruising with Celebrity. Norwegian did the latter, but they also require everyone in a stateroom to have the same package.

Seems like this would be great for the occasional drink that is over $9, even if most of the drinks and wine we order is covered by the regular package. And presumably one person can order all the premium bottled water...

I noticed that not everyone in a stateroom has to upgrade from the basic to the premium beverage package. Has anyone tried having only one person upgrade? How does that work for (specialty and main room) dining? Do they allocate drinks to the person who ordered them or do they put all drinks on one card? First time cruising with Celebrity. Norwegian did the latter, but they also require everyone in a stateroom to have the same package.

Seems like this would be great for the occasional drink that is over $9, even if most of the drinks and wine we order is covered by the regular package. And presumably one person can order all the premium bottled water...

We board the Solstice tomorrow. I was able to upgrade my Classic to Premium, yet Paul didn't need the upgrade, so yes, one can upgrade. It's $11.80 per day including gratuity. You may use your onboard credit prior to cruise, or pay on the website.

Oh, and the person ordering the beverage pay's the bill. I can't get a nicer wine for Paul, he would have to pay the difference. Luckily, he doesn't drink much, it's a moot point.

Oh, and the person ordering the beverage pay's the bill. I can't get a nicer wine for Paul, he would have to pay the difference. Luckily, he doesn't drink much, it's a moot point.

I suspect you could order the nicer wine and give it to him, though? Looking at the posted menu, I think most of the things we'd want are covered by the $9 limit, but occasionally one of us might order something above that. Also, my significant other is a coffee drinker, whereas I like the sparkling water. It's sufficiently non-overlapping that we could easily get away with ordering just one thing from the premium menu at a time and exchange orders after we get them...

Thanks for your response -- and I hope you're enjoying your cruise! :)

Can anyone confirm if this is correct - if I have a classic alcohol package than I can get a "coffee drink" (specialty) up to $9 and if I wanted one that is $10 then I just pay the difference? I see that is the case with mixed drinks but wasn't sure what the limit was on coffee. I know beer was $6. Thanks.