Beverages and Beverage Packages FAQ

ailetoile

Once on board any nice sale of upgrade from Standard to Premium? I have been told that someone read in a review that a guest pre paid for a Standard and upgrade once to board to Premium for $10. Could that be true?

Yes. It's the actual cost! $10 plus the 18% = $11.80/day.

This is precisely what I intend to do on our cruise in October. My wife doesn't drink apart from the odd sip of a pina colada once in a while, so the standard package is ideal for her, but I like my Grey Goose and Patron Silver!

This is precisely what I intend to do on our cruise in October. My wife doesn't drink apart from the odd sip of a pina colada once in a while, so the standard package is ideal for her, but I like my Grey Goose and Patron Silver!

Nice. I'm going in April and I like the good stuff myself. Marini bar here I come! Thanks for the response.

The cost is $11.80 per day to upgrade from CLASSIC to Premium.

Since there's a $20 difference per day difference between standard and premium, I think the upgrade price would be $20 plus 18% or $23.60 per day to upgrade.

Edited by cruzzzinma

Since there's a $20 difference per day difference between standard and premium, I think the upgrade price would be $20 plus 18% or $23.60 per day to upgrade.

I would expect you are correct. The cost to upgrade is the difference between the package prices plus the 18%.

Standard package is $45 per day and premium package is $65 - therefore the cost to upgrade from standard to premium is a per day charge of $20 + 3.60 ($23.60 as noted above.)

Class package is $55 per day - thus the difference of $10 + $1.80 ($11.80 per day) to upgrade.

Check your reservation to see what type of package was included as a perk to know how much you will have to pay to upgrade.

Yes, of course, you're right. I get confused with the three different packages. I had to go back and check our booking to make sure it's the Classic package we have (it is) and not the lower Standard package.

Bottom line is, the cost to upgrade is the difference between packages, so $10 or $20 (+18%) depending on the starting package.

Thanks to those that added the info.

I'm not sure this has been asked, as I haven't read thru every post on this thread. If I pay for an upgrade from classic to premium package say for 10 days and after day 2 I find that the classic package would have been all I required, am I able to get a refund on the remaining 8 days paid and return to the classic package ? Thanks

I'm not sure this has been asked, as I haven't read thru every post on this thread. If I pay for an upgrade from classic to premium package say for 10 days and after day 2 I find that the classic package would have been all I required, am I able to get a refund on the remaining 8 days paid and return to the classic package ? Thanks

I do not believe so. Fine print from the Celebrity Beverage Package page:

"Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts."

While you can wait to upgrade - and the price will be prorated accordingly, once you have upgraded there is no turning back.

I do not believe so. Fine print from the Celebrity Beverage Package page:

"Packages are sold on a per cruise basis, are not sold on a per day or any other basis, and no refunds will be issued for unused amounts."

While you can wait to upgrade - and the price will be prorated accordingly, once you have upgraded there is no turning back.

Thank you. I had read somewhere that this was possible but it seemed a little bit strange that this would be possible.

I understand that Standard to Premium is a $20 difference however in the review I read I thought they said on board they had a "sale" that got you to Premium for only $10. Anyone else read that? I'm still looking for that post.

I understand that Standard to Premium is a $20 difference however in the review I read I thought they said on board they had a "sale" that got you to Premium for only $10. Anyone else read that? I'm still looking for that post.

I think you'll probably find that. like me, the other poster made the same mistake I did. Cruise lines are not kn own for giving stuff away like that and I'm sure the other poster was simply confused about the packages.

Other wise it would be seen as 'unfair' and I'm positive that people would be passing on this 'tip' here as much as possible!

Probably classic to premium, which is $10. The standard is very new, so not everyone even knows it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere - I did a search but could not find it - I have a classic alcohol package and I am wondering if this includes canned soda. I think it used to - from what I remember - but I now can't find it explicitly mentioned on the Celebrity site. Alternatively, does the soda fountain include Diet Sprite? Thanks very much.

Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere - I did a search but could not find it - I have a classic alcohol package and I am wondering if this includes canned soda. I think it used to - from what I remember - but I now can't find it explicitly mentioned on the Celebrity site. Alternatively, does the soda fountain include Diet Sprite? Thanks very much.

It definitely included cans last year. With the frequency of cruise line changes, that may not be useful information, but there it is...

I'm SO curious as to what you're talking about...

The OP started this tread two years ago with a detailed posting of just about everything that could be said about beverages on Celebrity at that time.

I assume Sphnynxlady would like to see a similar detailed posting - in a new thread - regarding all classes of cabins.

The OP started this tread two years ago with a detailed posting of just about everything that could be said about beverages on Celebrity at that time.

I assume Sphnynxlady would like to see a similar detailed posting - in a new thread - regarding all classes of cabins.

I guess I'm just not understanding what there is to say:

Insides are 12,11,10,etc.

Thank you so much. As a first time cruiser on the Summit this May, I found this VERY helpful. Still undecided on package or not, but will discuss w/husband and go from there. Thanks again AIELETOILE