Free gratuities in 123Go as an OBC??

mermamasailsagain

HI

Can anyone explain the "free gratuities" process in the complicated pricing process? I'm wondering what my bottom line price is as the coding is not very clear with all the pluses and minuses on the booking for our verandah with all 123Go features.

I was told by one agent that our gratuities would "come off" in 10 days but there is a "SWL1-123GOPROMO3" credit which is close to what I'd assume the gratuities should be. However I noted the information below in the details of the plan so I'm not sure now if it will be added after final payment and then appear on board as a credit.... in which case, we certainly will have a lot of excursion booking to do to use up the large OBC!

"Free Gratuities option provides for prepaid stateroom, waiter, assistant waiter and headwaiter gratuities in the amount suggested by Celebrity's guidelines. Gratuities will be applied to reservation within 10 days of booking date. The guests' stateroom folio will be credited with an OBC. OBC has no cash value, is applicable to cruise only, non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the final night of the cruise."

On our booking the gratuities were shown as a charge on the original invoice, we were told when we booked another invoice would be processed in a few days showing a credit for the gratuities, thus taking them off our invoice. That invoice took about 4 days to show.

Seems in their accounting system they needed to show the gratuities as a charge and then process the credit.

I had pre-paid gratuities on my last 2 cruises. last October on the Eclipse and most recently, last month on Reflection. Both times I never seen a charge for gratuities when I followed my expenses listed on the TV during the cruise and on my hard copy final bill.

On our booking the gratuities were shown as a charge on the original invoice, we were told when we booked another invoice would be processed in a few days showing a credit for the gratuities, thus taking them off our invoice. That invoice took about 4 days to show.

Seems in their accounting system they needed to show the gratuities as a charge and then process the credit.

Yep, when we booked the "All-In", through the FCC on Summit, that's the way it was explained to us. When we got home, we called and asked for a new invoice. The original gratuity charge had been cancelled out. The OP just needs to check back in a few days, and see if that's happened. And, If you don't understand all those codes, get the reps to explain them to you. It really does get confusing, doesn't it?

This is how it has worked for us. When we had Select Main Dining, you must prepay gratuities. So the credit will show on your invoice when it is updated. If you do any other type of dining (early/late) the gratuities will be credited to your ship board account.

Today, I made my final payment over the phone with a Celebrity Vacation Planner (who is great!). I had changed the reservation recently to add the 123Go package back in, so the gratuities charge was still showing. He put me on Hold for a moment and called the Resolutions Department (the group that goes through reservations to make these types of adjustments) and voila, my reservation shows a charge and a credit for the gratuities amount.

Yep the Celebrity system make it so easy,

You square the daily rate, divide by the number of days at see, take the cube root of the number of meals you eat then ,,,, can't remember what you do next.

At the end of the day it seems to work out, but causes some people a lot of stress.