What teabags on Arcadia?

Dorset Cruiser

Actually I don't drink tea....only coffee......and I usually take my own too!

I'm afraid I am a coffee snob..🍰

Taking my own instant coffee as well - Nescafe Azera - and the Nescafe Azera Latte sachets that we like. Doesn't take up any room. Just hope they've got the McVities Digestives in the buffet 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Taking my own instant coffee as well - Nescafe Azera - and the Nescafe Azera Latte sachets that we like. Doesn't take up any room. Just hope they've got the McVities Digestives in the buffet

Ditto - all coffee on cruise ships, apart from that charged extra, is thoroughly disgusting.

I hope you find your biscuits - we brought a couple of packets of the (new improved:rolleyes:) cabin biscuits home recently; so ghastly are they that our resident squirrels carefully chucked them off the bird table and onto the ground. They are still lurking there, ignored by all.

Ditto - all coffee on cruise ships, apart from that charged extra, is thoroughly disgusting.

I hope you find your biscuits - we brought a couple of packets of the (new improved:rolleyes:) cabin biscuits home recently; so ghastly are they that our resident squirrels carefully chucked them off the bird table and onto the ground. They are still lurking there, ignored by all.

They used to have really nice cabin biscuits but the new ones are awful. On Aurora in 2013 we took a small 'tupperware' and picked up a few digestives each lunchtime from the cheeseboard section in the buffet. Just right with our early morning tea :). If they do not have digestives, will get some decent biccies en route in Australia.

I think all free cruise coffee is not very good as its made with a syrup. Sail Princess a lot and we exchange our bar setups for free coffee cards. On other lines, if there is no in-cabin kettle, we treat ourselves to a few decent coffees but on P&O we take our own coffee/sachets/teabags.

I think all free cruise coffee is not very good as its made with a syrup. Sail Princess a lot and we exchange our bar setups for free coffee cards.

Oh yes! We have experienced Princess coffee Dorset Cruiser :eek: That is why I bought a supply of Gold blend coffee sachets from Amazon :)

So what is the coffee provided in the cabin with the kettle? Only sailed princess and haven't had the luxury of. Kettle in the cabin...can't wait :)

I cannot remember what we had on Aurora but taking my own in any event 😄

When are you off? What ship? I seem to follow you round the boards. Remember you from Princess boards.

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

So what is the coffee provided in the cabin with the kettle? Only sailed princess and haven't had the luxury of. Kettle in the cabin...can't wait :)

IIRC it's sachets of bog-standard Nescafe. The - to me slightly stale - taste of the ship's water doesn't help where tea and coffee are concerned.

They use Twinging everyday ,it is acceptable but you would be better taking some Yorkshire tea ,they do one for hard water areas and this suits the ships water better.Coffee supplied is not very good so may be worth taking your own favourite or just stick to wine etc.

They use Twinging everyday ,it is acceptable but you would be better taking some Yorkshire tea ,they do one for hard water areas and this suits the ships water better.Coffee supplied is not very good so may be worth taking your own favourite or just stick to wine etc.

Yorkshire tea gold and fill the kettle with bottled water, don't drink the potable water from the tap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OTOMH I think they provide those little tubular sachets for coffee. Okay unless you are a coffee fan. If there's something particular you want, take your own would be my advice :)

Coffee sachets supplied in the cabins are Dowe Egburts - not bad at all for instant coffee. We take our own and if we're sailing from Southampton I take some cups and saucers too - I hate drinking out of those large, thick china mugs! I must admit I miss my Nespresso when I'm away but have also been known sometimes to take a small cafetiere and packet of ground coffee!

Coffee sachets supplied in the cabins are Dowe Egburts - not bad at all for instant coffee. We take our own and if we're sailing from Southampton I take some cups and saucers too - I hate drinking out of those large, thick china mugs! I must admit I miss my Nespresso when I'm away but have also been known sometimes to take a small cafetiere and packet of ground coffee!

We purchased a small Nespresso machine and travel case which often goes on holiday with us when we drive rather than fly. The case has a compartment for cups/saucers and the capsules fit in the water reservoir for packing. Don't think we will take it cruising (Costa will do) because of space constraints but it was definitely a good buy and has travelled well :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from Arcadia. The teabags provided were fine so did not use the ones we had taken with us. Took my own Nescafe Azera latte sachets which we personally like. Coffee provided is Dowe Egberts. Biscuits were awful - nearly every packet had badly broken biscuits and to cap it off, the digestives in the cheese section ( which we normally take to have with our morning tea ) are now no longer McVities, but a cheap, nasty and have to say sometimes stale alternative - bad show P&O 😔

The rest of the food provided on Arcadia was superb - much better than we had on Aurora two years ago.

Yorkshire tea gold and fill the kettle with bottled water, don't drink the potable water from the tap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? it is less of a heath hazard than the bottled water, and cheaper ;)