Elite Plus Question

Hapytocruise

We just ordered cappuccinos and lattes at Café al Bacio (or the Elite breakfast), but I think you can get those at the MDR or Blu also. I do think Café Americanos are only available at the Café al Bacio and not part of the free lattes, cappuccinos and expressos from Elite +.

if anyone else has a different experience, please correct me.

We just ordered cappuccinos and lattes at Café al Bacio (or the Elite breakfast), but I think you can get those at the MDR or Blu also. I do think Café Americanos are only available at the Café al Bacio and not part of the free lattes, cappuccinos and expressos from Elite +.

if anyone else has a different experience, please correct me.

You are correct.Only the basic cappuccino, expresso and Latte are included in the Elite+ benefit. You can also get the Tea Forte under the benefit. Only room service is not included in the benefit; however, you may find staff in Blu and MDR relucant to get it and some might tell you that they can't. Speak to the Maitre 'd if that happens.

Never had an issue getting a Café Americano using an Elite plus card. I was advised that it was an error in the original specification of the benefit and based on feedback it was revised. I would suggest you check on boarding (after all straight logic, an Americano costs less to produce than a cappucinno - its just an expresso with more water). When there first were the anomalies, a fellow cruiser asked for an expresso and a small jug of hot water on the side.

Personally, we prefer to leave the dining room and have our coffee in Al Bacio but we come from the thinking of coffee after dessert not with it

We were able to get any coffee drink Bacio with no problem.

You were very lucky. The restrictions are clear. Fortunately for you your server didn't care or didn't understand the rules. There have been many cases reported on these boards where people were charged for anything but the basic Specialty coffees.

You were very lucky. The restrictions are clear. Fortunately for you your server didn't care or didn't understand the rules. There have been many cases reported on these boards where people were charged for anything but the basic Specialty coffees.

On the Reflection in December had an Americano every morning. Nice.

Have never had an issue getting Americano (when I wanted it) for free as an Elite Plus member. For those that do not understand, Café Americano is simply watered down espresso. In Italy, some locals wanted something more then a tiny thimble of Espresso. So bars started just adding more hot water/steam to expresso to make it a larger (and more diluted drink). So on a ship there is really no additional cost of making Americano as they simply are giving you watered down espresso. Come to think of it, there is the extra cost of a few ounces of hot water.

Hank

Our next cruise will be our first as "Elite Plus". Can anyone clarify the complementary expresso - is café Americano included? Is it only avail at the café mid ship or can you also order it elsewhere? Thanks

We just found that wherever we ordered coffee [my husband ordered a variety of coffees including Americano] or hot chocolate it was complimentary automatically. [We rarely had to point out we were Elite+.] This was primarily, but not exclusively, in the specialty restaurants. My husband even managed to collected a hot chocolate nightcap for me without my card one evening by giving the servers sufficient details for them to locate my information and identify me as Elite+.

Edited by Project_gal