Chances of upgrade if my category is sold out?

littlej

Hi all, I have no experience with upgrades, no idea how they work. If I'm a solo in an interior room, and all interior rooms are now sold out for my cruise, is there any possibility that I'll get a call to upgrade me so a larger party can book my room? Or am I dreaming?

Feel free to laugh!

Lately, rather than free upgrades, they seem to be more likely to email people offering them reduced cost upgrades to better cabins. If you might be open to spending more money for a better cabin, then watch your email for such an offer. If you do not wish to part with any more money, there is a small chance they will upgrade you for free, but do,t hold your breathe.

We received an upgrade last year on the EN to a balcony when the balconies were showing as sold out.

That said, I think that ship has sailed (pun intended). Like the others have said, now it is the UPSELL fairy instead. We got a call three weeks ago with an upsell offer (turned it down), then got another one for the same sailing 2 days ago (still turned it down)

Well, a girl can dream, but right now, all I'm dreaming of are temperatures above freezing. :) At this point, I don't care if I'm sailing in a broom closet, as long as I can get out on the deck and feel the sun on my face without danger of frostbite.

LOL, Bob, you're always so very tactful. ;)