"LIVE" from the Oasis of the Seas - February 21, 2015

niksmom630

Our tour included an hour stop at Orient Beach, La Playa. I've seen some recent reviews complaining of excessive seaweed. There was some, but it is still a beautiful beach...

It was $10 total for two beach chair and an umbrella. The loungers are padded so they were quite comfy. This was not included in our tour price.

FF272949-1A41-4A7B-8DD2-07579A5DDEFF_zpsl4uokcva.jpg

7A900765-8BF5-4EF7-8004-5B6AFA6FD535_zpsnck0mqbr.jpg

01841D22-B475-43BA-BC4E-ADCFCD1F1987_zpsycxje1yt.jpg

37720AC0-F597-4D1A-825B-D314E60AD2DA_zpsfopht9fv.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We than had a half hour in downtown Marigot to stop at the famous Seraphina's for a pastry...YUM!

E5448942-33C4-4AAC-B535-1C93865D2812_zpsksiacgno.jpg

2A9F286D-42B9-4AF6-9E8A-F5028DF375FF_zpszjimiidh.jpg

97D115AD-8F68-4265-AE2F-6DCAAB205997_zpsoosqvgbj.jpg

There are some beautiful views around the island, but there are also many impoverished areas 😔

72FF25AA-D721-4F40-BD44-58E68293BEDE_zpsdhe0zjjz.jpg

FCA2C50B-F36D-4BF6-999C-AC442208877F_zpsp6w3axbj.jpg

We had an hour and a half at Maho Beach. Tables are reserved for those ordering food, but we were lucky enough to find one on the outside perimeter, and just ordered appetizers. It was a lot of fun! There is so much energy here and the crowds really get into the plane spotting!

265E666E-20A7-4B16-934C-6BD3C7048D8A_zpsgqfthxuk.jpg

7012E5CD-09EA-46FD-90C7-1125663E1E2D_zpsnjaf33s9.jpg

010D8E09-C575-4EBA-963C-9115BA35DC29_zpsfx8qaxcl.jpg

4C147952-D019-4DA3-8E94-1EE43D6E11F3_zpsh3kzpfg1.jpg

7E2C4119-DA87-4D6A-B85F-741CF5FA4321_zpsevbklnhh.jpg

Your pictures are amazing. Especially liked the ones at Orient Beach. We were on Bernard's tour in December and didn't stay because of the seaweed issue and we only had 45 minutes at Maho. We were disappointed. Going back in a little more than a year so hope to get to one of these two beaches for the whole day.

We are now just pulling out of St. Maarten...it was an AMAZING day, but I think I have definitely over served myself!!!

Our Bernard's tour was fabulous...I'll report more tomorrow, and catch up with my backlog of photos

Sincerely thank you for your efforts. I know it's not easy bringing us along. When you have time, I would love to hear more about Bernard's tours; how far in advance did you reserve and why a private vs group tour? Also, what was your itinerary?

We did the same thing in oct. I booked a month out but with the hurricane that went through the week before i was on edge. But they did our tour it was great. It was cheeper for us not through the ship. We went to a beach at the end of the road . Was nice. Same other spots but our tour guide gave us an hour at maho we adjusted it to our needs for the people on the bus

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app

Your pictures are amazing. Especially liked the ones at Orient Beach. We were on Bernard's tour in December and didn't stay because of the seaweed issue and we only had 45 minutes at Maho. We were disappointed. Going back in a little more than a year so hope to get to one of these two beaches for the whole day.

Sincerely thank you for your efforts. I know it's not easy bringing us along. When you have time, I would love to hear more about Bernard's tours; how far in advance did you reserve and why a private vs group tour? Also, what was your itinerary?

One of the reasons we booked the private tour with Bernard's is we could customize their standard itinerary (look at their website, Tour 2)

We wanted more time at the beaches and less time in Marigot, where normally they would also include a stop for lunch. We were only in Marigot for a half hour, instead of an hour and 15 minutes. The standard tour also stops to see the iguanas and calvin's sea urchins, but we only stayed maybe 5 minutes at each of those stops. On a private tour, you just let them know when you are ready to move on. We would up staying at Maho for about an hour and 45 minutes.

The tour is very informative, and it was the perfect combination of sight seeing and relaxation. They also provide beverages on the van... Beer, rum punch, soda and water. I would highly recommend Bernard's. The private tour was more expensive since there were only 5 of us...about 72 dollars per person plus gratuity, instead of 40-50 pp for the group tour, but we thought it was well worth it.

Yes, in a RCL type of way. The Diamond Lounge has now been moved there from what had been its new location post dry dock on deck. It had been in part of a side wing of the dining room. With DD not being rolled out I understand that they reclaimed the dining room space on deck 4 for table area.

We were on Oasis in November and all continued changes were going forward at that point. Once DD dining was put on hold for the Oasis class ships, due to its poor implementation on Quantum, wonderland was scrapped.

Thanks for the detailed info. I was kind of hoping that they'd still open Wonderland since it's really just another specialty dining venue, and that it would be open for our cruise since DD was originally supposed to start the following week. On the other hand, we're Diamond for the first time this cruise, so I guess it works out well for us, other than not being able to try Wonderland. I guess I'll have to wait for Anthem.

8-10 dollars, depending on what you order, if you ask for a drink "topper", it is $2 extra

Yes, the wave pool in the H20 zone is working 😄

Are there any really great bar tenders you have run into that you can name? I will be on Oasis in 2 days and love finding a couple bar tenders that are truly great. Also, what bar are they at? Thanks,

Our group went on Bernard's tour in 2013 for the second time. We also customized the tour that time, skippng Orient Beach and the sea urchins. We spent more tme in Marigot to shop and also a lot of time at Maho Beach. The following year (last year) we were back and we had enjoyed Maho Beach so much we took cabs there and spent several hours. As stated, it is a fun beach and the crowd vibe was very good. We had spent several hours at Orient a few years before on our first visit and had enjoyed that, too.

Once we visit an island and get a good taste of that island on a tour we like to choose a favorite beach and just stay for several hours or the day, relaxing and taking it all in. But, for a nice overview of St. Martin, Bernard is the way to go!

Are there any really great bar tenders you have run into that you can name? I will be on Oasis in 2 days and love finding a couple bar tenders that are truly great. Also, what bar are they at? Thanks,

Sam and Randy at the pool bar. Sam makes a mean piña colada with dark rum and a Myers Rum topper 😊

Sam and Randy at the pool bar. Sam makes a mean piña colada with dark rum and a Myers Rum topper 😊

Thanks. Sorry to see your trip is coming to an end soon...but a bit happy since that means I am next. Enjoy the rest of your trip.:)

Which floor(s) of the dining room is for traditional dining? We have early seating in May and we are on Deck 6. Just curious our distance to dinner! It is all about the food!! Haha!

I believe someone posted that they are using deck 3 for traditional, and decks 4 and 5 where being used for MTD.

Another quick question; are the drink prices on the menus yet? I heard there was a printing error and they were fixing it and getting new menus printed.