Check your VIFP Offers, right now!!

cruizinisthebest

i just checked a few sailings - the special vifp member rates seem to be the exact same price as early saver, plus $50 OBC. so really it's just $50 OBC :rolleyes:

That wasn't the case for us. My price was lower on our current sailing than my sister, who didn't get the offer. Her cabin is exactly the same as early saver when doing a mock booking online.

I got nuttin'. Past guest and ES Vista only.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yep, same for us....nothing much, nothing new! Not sailing on CCL in the near future....they don't value loyalty....going where our business is appreciated.

Looked yesterday and saw we had the typical upgrade "offer" and the Vista offer. Nothing good. Again.

However, I did start peeking at NCL's website and we may try them this Fall. Maybe if we cruise on other lines for a bit, our absence from CCL may get some notice and generate an offer or two. :P

Edited by The4Cruisers

Looked yesterday and saw we had the typical upgrade "offer" and the Vista offer. Nothing good. Again.

However, I did start peeking at NCL's website and we may try them this Fall. Maybe if we cruise on other lines for a bit, our absence from CCL may get some notice and generate an offer or two. :P

I think you should try other lines. Variety is nice. We've cruised on Carnival, RCI, Celebrity, HAL, and Princess. I do want to give NCL a try one of these days.

I think you should try other lines. Variety is nice. We've cruised on Carnival, RCI, Celebrity, HAL, and Princess. I do want to give NCL a try one of these days.

I've never even looked at other lines before. We've been real happy with CCL on the first 11 cruises. But what the heck, this could be a good time to start seeing what else is out there. Cheers!

I have the offer in my VIFP, however I booked my cruise in August 2014. Am I still eligible for the OBC for past guest rate? Just wondering if I should call and speak with a different rep as the one I was speaking with was very short with me and told me she was unable to even see the offer I was looking at. I offered to send her a screenshot and she talked right over me saying it wasn't necessary.

Thanks for any help.

I have the offer in my VIFP, however I booked my cruise in August 2014. Am I still eligible for the OBC for past guest rate? Just wondering if I should call and speak with a different rep as the one I was speaking with was very short with me and told me she was unable to even see the offer I was looking at. I offered to send her a screenshot and she talked right over me saying it wasn't necessary.

Thanks for any help.

Rude! Call back. And if the person doesn't help, ask for a supervisor. If they plug in your VIFP #, any offers should come up. I was already booked and saved money and got the OBC for my cabin. I'm booked through a TA and had no problem getting the adjustment.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you. I have a cruise booked in seven weeks. I wouldn't even have looked. When I did look this morning because of this post, my cabin type was sold out so there were no offers for that. HOWEVER, the suite price went down and I upgraded for a much lower price than I would have paid originally. Suite!!

Therefore, the OP was my upgrade fairy.

I love the CC boards. :D

Thank you, thank you. I have a cruise booked in seven weeks. I wouldn't even have looked. When I did look this morning because of this post, my cabin type was sold out so there were no offers for that. HOWEVER, the suite price went down and I upgraded for a much lower price than I would have paid originally. Suite!!

Therefore, the OP was my upgrade fairy.

I love the CC boards. :D

Congratulations!!! Enjoy!

BTW, the offer I originally posted about is still showing under my VIFP #. Good until April 27. The price of my cabin has dropped twice. And it's always even less by about $30-$40 with this offer plugged in. I love it!!!

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Always check those offers. Our cruise on The Pride last July was FREE. Thought it couldn't be true but it was. Cost us taxes & port fees only.

I got this same offer this year and also thought it couldn't be true. Rate was $50 per person for inside and $120 for balcony for the first two people with a $100 on board credit. We decided to treat our neice and nephew and are taking them with us. Total price for an 8k extended balcony room for 7 day cruise out of Baltimore in May was $1,412. We still can't believe the price.

These have been on my account for about a month now. I check my VIFP every day. Not good deals for me the first offer has best prices when kids are in school, so not good for me also only short cruises being offered on mine. The second one has prices for fall only for 2-4 day cruises in the fall. We only do 7 day cruises on Carnival, in the fall when the kids are out of school. We have done 2 short cruises on RCL in the fall also. When they offer me 7 day fall / holiday cruises at a discount then I'll consider that to be special.