Personal Cruise Consultants

FLACRUISER99

Are PCC's salaried by HAL or do they work for commissions? The reason I ask is that I booked a cruise on the website that I had on hold. The hold wad about to expire, so I tried calling my PCC and she was not there on the weekend so I called the regular number. I asked to extend my hold until my PCC returned and the CSR said she would book it. Will my PCC now help me if I need it?

Edited by FLACRUISER99

Are PCC's salaried by HAL or do they work for commissions? The reason I ask is that I booked a cruise on the website that I had on hold. The hold wad about to expire, so I tried calling my PCC and she was not there on the weekend so I called the regular number. I asked to extend my hold until my PCC returned and the CSR said she would book it. Will my PCC now help me if I need it?

Have you called your PCC or e-mailed since? Left a message if they are not there?

I would definitely expect the PCC will continue working with you on this booking.

My first experience with a PCC was for our last HAL cruise. I put a hold on it late one night, called PCC next day. He had me cancel my reservation then he booked it, all with me on the phone with him. He said it wasn't kosher but it is done all the time. ? I didn't know what to think but it all worked out and he was very helpful. Made me feel like booking with a PCC is different than booking directly with HAL.

And for what it's worth, the PCC got us better OBC plus PC dinners, more than our usual mega-online TA. Plus PCC would be able to make adjustments after final payment date, something which has never happened to us with the mega-online TA. m--

We booked last year's B2B online. Called PCC later and was lectured that we should never do that as it was very difficult for her to take over. She wanted to cancel and rebook but said it would have required us to change cabins mid cruise- asked if that would be OK. I said "no"- we booked both legs in the same cabin for a reason...

I found this hard to believe as it is VERY easy for a TA to take over an online booking- they are more than happy to do this.

We booked last year's B2B online. Called PCC later and was lectured that we should never do that as it was very difficult for her to take over. She wanted to cancel and rebook but said it would have required us to change cabins mid cruise- asked if that would be OK. I said "no"- we booked both legs in the same cabin for a reason...

I found this hard to believe as it is VERY easy for a TA to take over an online booking- they are more than happy to do this.

I had a similar experience. Booked a cruise online over the weekend to grab a particular rate and room. When I called the PCC on Monday, because I wanted to have her get credit for the reservation and help me with a little change. She refused to help me because I had booked it myself and told me PCCs only work on reservations they make themselves. While she was not outright rude, she was curt.

In my past HAL cruises, I booked them myself online and just called the regular number when I needed something I could not do myself (such as to take example of a price drop) and I always have had good experiences doing so. Recently, because I have had such an excellent experience with Celebrity's version of a PCC, I assumed it would be the same on HAL. Nope.

I had a similar experience. Booked a cruise online over the weekend to grab a particular rate and room. When I called the PCC on Monday, because I wanted to have her get credit for the reservation and help me with a little change. She refused to help me because I had booked it myself and told me PCCs only work on reservations they make themselves.

I find this very odd. After I booked my cruise online, I received an email stating that a PPC had been assigned to me. She wasn't available when I called so I just called the main number for a price drop but she has responded to my emails. There hasn't been any indication that she wasn't willing to work with me.

This is good to know.

I recently put a cruise on hold to get a cabin (the only one left in our category) and the next day called our PCC to book the cruise and take the deposit. No issues, and she got us an OBC in addition to the deeply discounted rate for repeat cruiser (which was not showing up on 3rd party sites - only with HAL).

Worked out well for this trip. I would have just assumed they were kind of like specialized HAL CSRs and we would be connected no matter how this was booked direct through HAL, but now knowing what others are experiencing after payments, I will try to ensure the PCC is in the loop for any future booking up front.

Edited by brentp

I booked a cruise a week ago with a PCC, but I need to transfer it over to our travel agent at some point before final payment to use the rewards points I have accumulated towards the cruise. The PCC told me I could indeed transfer it over to my own TA when I wished. I hope that is accurate information. Anyone experience anything different?

Please let us know if the PCC continues to work with you. They should.

I just sent an email asking if she could take over my booking.

Since it's after final payment i understand she may not be able to.

Response from PCC:

"Unfortunately I am not able to take over the reservation. If you have any questions you can call our Reservation Department at 800-426-0327.

Take care!"

Edited by FLACRUISER99

And for what it's worth, the PCC got us better OBC plus PC dinners, more than our usual mega-online TA. Plus PCC would be able to make adjustments after final payment date, something which has never happened to us with the mega-online TA. m--

Our experience is the opposite. We've been using two or three Internet based TAs for 10+ years now and not once has a PCC, and I have talked to them, been able to come close to matching the fares we've gotten which have averaged 10%-12%. Depending on the booked category that can add up. Never had any problem getting post-final payment fare adjustments.

Response from PCC:

"Unfortunately I am not able to take over the reservation. If you have any questions you can call our Reservation Department at 800-426-0327.

Take care!"

You said that it's after final payment now, I think that is the reason you got this response. It would have been nice if the reason had been indicated, though. We are very happy with our PCC, she bends over backwards to help us. But there are some things (such as this) I don't think she could help with.

Thank you for letting us know the outcome.