Freedom

My next door neighbor sailed her first cruise ever on Feb. 8 on Freedom. They had a wonderful time, but were disappointed that once the Windjammer closed for the day there were no free food options. I asked about room service, and she said everything on the menu in their cabin had prices listed. Is this correct, you are charged for room service?

My next door neighbor sailed her first cruise ever on Feb. 8 on Freedom. They had a wonderful time, but were disappointed that once the Windjammer closed for the day there were no free food options. I asked about room service, and she said everything on the menu in their cabin had prices listed. Is this correct, you are charged for room service?

Cafe Promenade is open virtually 24 hours. Sorrento's is also open late.

Room service has been free, except between midnight and 5pm when they charge $4 per order. Room service on Qoantum started charging for certain items, but I did not think that had started on Freedom.

Cafe Promenade is open virtually 24 hours. Sorrento's is also open late.

Room service has been free, except between midnight and 5pm when they charge $4 per order. Room service on Quantum started charging for certain items, but I did not think that had started on Freedom.

here is a link to the room service menu that CkRobyn posted from her Freedom cruise this week. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...166756&page=36

doesn't look like there are any prices.

A disclaimer:

I have not been on the Freedom since her drydock, so I am just entertaining some random thoughts here.

I would hate to think that they have a negative memory based on mistaken assumptions.

But is it possible, Bob and CanadianCruiser98 (just thinking "out loud" here) that Freedom has followed Quantum in charging for lots of room service items, but Robyn doesn't have to pay because she is in a full suite?

I was on the 2/8 sailing of the Freedom. There were no food charges on room service, the only charge was the after midnight charge. Was on the Un Inaugural of the Quantum and there were food charges there. :)

Edited by PLEIKU68

here is a link to the room service menu that CkRobyn posted from her Freedom cruise this week. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166756&page=36

doesn't look like there are any prices.

[url=http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2166756&page=36][/url]

If you click on the post# in the upper right corner, you can actually copy and paste the link to a single post from a thread.

Thanks for posting a link, but I don't see the room service menu photo that you are indicating. :)

If you click on the post# in the upper right corner, you can actually copy and paste the link to a single post from a thread.

Thanks for posting a link, but I don't see the room service menu photo that you are indicating. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=45670139&postcount=709

There, that should work. thanks for the tip. :)